Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rey Mysterio with yet another ACL injury?

Default Rey Mysterio with yet another ACL injury?

Mysterio said on Twitter he may have done his ACL again, said things had "not been good" since getting back into the ring.

Honestly Rey, give it up. Retire and spend time with your family, save the money you'll spend on a wheelchair and take your kids on holiday or something.

Default Re: Rey Mysterio with yet another ACL injury?

Yeah, as sad as it is to say.......it is time for Rey to hang em up.......it is time for him to call it quits.......it is time for him to retire.

surrender

Banned

Yeah, he should just retire. He may very well have done so against Sin Cara this year but I guess that match will have to be postponed for the second year in a row.

He needs to retire with the exception of maybe one more match with him retiring afterwards. All up to him though, if he wants to keep going he can keep going.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Is he okay for money? I ask this because he's had bad, painful, never-to-be-corrected problems over the last few years, but he still commits himself full-time.

I hate to see any wrestler go for longer than their body can handle, let alone the truly great wrestlers like Rey Mysterio.

Banned

He should just call it quits for now. And then return 6 weeks before Wrestlemania 30. He then goes on too have his last ever match at Wrestlemania. I would prefer him too end his career like that rather then being forced too retire due too injury.

He should hang it up. Rey has had a great career and accomplished way more than most have that are his size. I was hoping for the match against Sin Cara to take place at some point down the road but Sin Cara has turned into a complete joke and I've lost interest into the potential passing of the torch.

Banned

Totally agree about sin cara. That is why I didn't mention him. He botches all the time. He has never been on the mic. And also isn't he a bit off a gangster in real life. I heard he called up his gang too scare Del Rio at a house show one time,

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Is he okay for money? I ask this because he's had bad, painful, never-to-be-corrected problems over the last few years, but he still commits himself full-time.

I hate to see any wrestler go for longer than their body can handle, let alone the truly great wrestlers like Rey Mysterio.
    I'd assume so.

I've got nothing to back that up other than the fact that wrestlers get a cut of the merchandise sales and he certainly seems to shift a fair bit.

Please Rey, give it up.

Thanks Heteroflexible

I think Spear has it on the money.

Rey needs to retire yes, but I doubt he wants to go out without fulfilling the 'Dream Match' people have wanted for years. If Rey rests until the road to WM30, and makes sure he is in good shape for that final match with Sin Cara, then it's all good.

I wouldn't blame him if he did retire without the match anyway, I'd rather he have the match with Cara though so we can avoid the goddamn "REY NEEDS TO COME BACK AND WRESTLE SIN CARA! HE OWES IT TO US!" bullshit.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

His last really great year from my recollection was around '09/'10. Poor guy's just been plagued with injuries. I'm game for Falcone's idea too provided obviously Rey can do it.

Credit to Heteroflexible for the banner!
    Find me on Twitter
    Follow my blog

I am starting to believe that Mysterio/Cara is the new Austin/Hogan, the match that never happened.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    I am starting to believe that Mysterio/Cara is the new Austin/Hogan, the match that never happened.
    Don't compare two off the biggest names in the whole wrestling business too mysterio and sin cara. It's insulting

--Rey Mysterio is seeing Dr. James Andrews today. He believes he tore his ACL once again.

from : http://www.wrestlingforum.com/newthr...newthread&f=21

I do not think Rey Mysterio will wrestle again.

- - - Updated - - -

--Rey Mysterio is seeing Dr. James Andrews today. He believes he tore his ACL once again.

from : http://www.wrestlingforum.com/newthr...newthread&f=21

I do not think Rey Mysterio will wrestle again.

All that juice has caught up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

I'm sure he's had at least some health insurance that would cover some of his medical costs.

Plus he's been one of WWE's biggest merch sellers the past 7-8 years, second probably only to Cena at his height. He'll be fine.

WWE should just give him an Undertaker schedule now. Sure his stock has fallen, but bring him on once or twice a year for a match and they can still make money off of him.

Honestly I don't think the Sin cara match will ever happen now, and I don't care. Cara's been a failure. If they want to do a masked-vs-masked match, I think Generico would draw bigger right now.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

I assume he'd be fine in terms of money. His merchandise sales would be extremely high. If he's done his ACL again though I think it's time to give it up. If he can rest up and come back for one final match/feud then that'd be great and I'd like to see it. If he can't though, it's probably time to go.

I don't like Mysterio, I never have.

But I don't want the dude to struggle walking for the rest of his life, I wish he would just hang it up. Have your dream match down the line at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Agree with what everyone's saying. Mysterio should unofficially retire, and come back for one or two matches sometime down the road to help push a younger star IF HE WANTS TO, not because the fans want him to.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Tyler Breeze will freeze your feed
    Cena fan for LIFE

Well if this does turn out to be true and he has and ACL tear he should pretty much call it a career.How old is he now like 38 or so and has twenty years or more of wear and tear on his body.He should rehab from the tear(which is what nine months or so) and return in early 2014 to set up a finale feud with Alberto Del Rio or El Generico were he faces one of them at Wrestlemania xXx in a "Passing of the Torch" type match and angle and then retires.

I just wish they had bided their time with Sin Cara before pretty much throwing him to the wolves. They really should've sent him to FCW to learn the WWE's style/pacing, to hone what he wanted his moveset to be, learn English, and learn how to work with larger opponents. Had that happened, he could've been MUCH better than he is right now and a great replacement for Rey. A lot of Cara's run has been...awkward. His matches felt off, even when he didn't botch. He hasn't had a consistent finisher since he joined. All of those issues would've been solved with a stint in developmental. As it stands now, when WWE loses Rey, they've basically got nothing to replace him with.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Don't compare two off the biggest names in the whole wrestling business too mysterio and sin cara. It's insulting
    You totally missed my point. Like Austin/Hogan, Mysterio/Cara seems destined to never happen. Not that the two names compare.

Rey Mysterio noted on his twitter that he doesn't need surgery right now but has to wear a Dynasplint brace on his foot to prevent having surgery.

from : http://pwinsider.com/article/75881/r...e-announcer-cr

Ugh, just go have the surgery, no point in delaying it. He's irrelevant ATM anyway. Fix yourself and then try and come back.

wwe will more like have Rey Mysterio wrestle in the tag team division when Rey Mysterio return to the ring.

Thread Information