Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bout a way to get cena over a hollywood heel Rock run

Default How bout a way to get cena over a hollywood heel Rock run

Don't know if this should be in the WM thread or here but regardless I think a good twist would have Rock go hollywood on the fans the next two weeks to get more fans on cena's side. Look we all know WWE is always trying to get the fans on cena's side and what better way to have Rock come out and say he doesn't give a crap about the company and say he's gonna be the hollywood champion. Thoughts? ideas? Since rock's only gonna be around for so long I think I'd be a great idea for some promo's and rock could shake Cena's hand when he wins.

Default Re: How bout a way to get cena over a hollywood heel Rock run

No. It'd be a COMPLETE 180 turn. Why book Rock as the returning hero, have him beat the top heel only to then turn him heel in the space of 2 weeks. Anyway, he'd still be cheered over Cena by the older audience. The kids would still be cheering Cena regardless of The Rock. Shouldn't happen.

Because he's being lazy only working once a month and not on TV. To me it's hand made for a heel and Rock can play a great heel. I'd be a great way to get Cena over as a face in this feud and would livin it up instead of just respect or redemption.

No. This needs to be about Cena exorcising his demons, not the normal face/heel dynamic. It isn't about the fans, it's about redemption. And that's all the story this match needs.

Now, if they decided to do this AFTER Mania for a rubber match at Extreme Rules...... I could get behind that.

The whole Hollywood thing has been done before. I agree with Zirich in that it could be done after Wrestlemania - when the Rock has lost and he becomes bitter and resentful. This WM is more about Cena though, not The Rock. The fans won't cheer Cena anymore just because Rock becomes a heel. they might a little bit but it wouldn't matter. There isn't enough time anyway. Why would Rock suddenly become a completely different person? illogical.

I think I'd be entertaining to watch Rock come back and say I don't need this championship attitude and act all above Cena and then Cena beats him of course.

Zeki- Cause he gets confident now that he has the belt and the fact he feels over WWE cause he's off filming movies in between wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by CENAfan54 View Post
    I think I'd be entertaining to watch Rock come back and say I don't need this championship attitude and act all above Cena and then Cena beats him of course.
    Ok, and you're entitled to that opinion but WHY would Rock suddenly change? He's been praising his wretling heritage, the fans, the WWE, the prestige of the title for months. WHY would he suddenly go against all of that?

He could say it was phony kinda like punk that he wanted the contract and he really cares about hollywood more not the fans.

All We Have is Right Now The Champ's Avatar

Matt brought up a good point the last time this was suggested.

You really think a guy who has movies coming out left and right wants to alienate any part of his fanbase?

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I would love to see it honestly. For it to happen I think Cena would really have to shoot on Rock, while Rock stays in Hollywood Rock mode. Cena could question Rock's love or loyalty to wrestling and WWE, whereas Rock would simply not be around and filming promo's on movie sets.

Banner Credit: Spike

He could say it was phony kinda like punk that he wanted the contract and he really cares about hollywood more not the fans.
    I doubt he'd say it was phony. That'd just be poor booking. It only barely passes as logical too. Why would he want the contract then? To come back and say he doesn't care and wants to leave? Wouldn't that make getting the contract in the first place redundant?

True but most people know it's wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I would love to see it honestly. For it to happen I think Cena would really have to shoot on Rock, while Rock stays in Hollywood Rock mode. Cena could question Rock's love or loyalty to wrestling and WWE, whereas Rock would simply not be around and filming promo's on movie sets.
    Is this sarcasm? I hope so. Otherwise I suggest you watch their ENTIRE feud of last year.

Oh did that already happen?

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    I doubt he'd say it was phony. That'd just be poor booking. It only barely passes as logical too. Why would he want the contract then? To come back and say he doesn't care and wants to leave? Wouldn't that make getting the contract in the first place redundant?

We're talking wrestling here zeki not everything has to make perfect sense. Just the promo's would be better and the storyline. He wouldn't change his character too much just be more arrogant like 03 vs. austin when he was hollywood and a brilliant heel. But like people said it also makes since to do it after WM after he has a lose and something to be bitter about. Just my opinion though, and thought I'd be interesting that no one seemed to think of.

True but most people know it's wrestling.
    What? What kind of response is that? So when you're in a discussion you respond by just stating random facts that don't actually add anything or is even related to the topic?

- - - Updated - - -

We're talking wrestling here zeki not everything has to make perfect sense. Just the promo's would be better and the storyline. He wouldn't change his character too much just be more arrogant like 03 vs. austin when he was hollywood and a brilliant heel. But like people said it also makes since to do it after WM after he has a lose and something to be bitter about. Just my opinion though, and thought I'd be interesting that no one seemed to think of.
    After Wrestlemania would be fine I think. That would work. I just don't see how changing the complete core of the WM main event now would be a good idea. Yes I know wrestling isn't always logical but people blow it out or proportion, they have some degree of sense and are logical most of the time.

^ yea speaking to champ most people know it's wrestling and know it's fake. Like punk pissing on his fans everybody still loves punk.

^ yea speaking to champ most people know it's wrestling and know it's fake. Like punk pissing on his fans everybody still loves punk.
    Which only backs-up my point that the Rock's fans would still love Rock.

Because he's being lazy only working once a month and not on TV. To me it's hand made for a heel and Rock can play a great heel. I'd be a great way to get Cena over as a face in this feud and would livin it up instead of just respect or redemption.
    Lazy? The absolute last thing Rock can be called is lazy. His schedule is insane.

So if everyone still loves him, what is the point exactly?

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Lazy? The absolute last thing Rock can be called is lazy. His schedule is insane.
    Not to mention he does cardio at like 4 am or 5 am. The guy is a freak.

The point is to get Cena over as a face!! they're just gonna be more boring face vs. face promo's then.

The point is to get Cena over as a face!! they're just gonna be more boring face vs. face promo's then.
    But you just said everyone will still love Rock. So how would that help Cena?

HAYZE

The fans aren't going to cheer for Cena just because Rock becomes arrogant though. There is a section of the audience that despise Cena. That will not change just because The Rock starts portraying a heel. The promos will play to a select taste. If you like the redemption kind of story then you're in luck, if not then you'll have to wait until after WM

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    Not to mention he does cardio at like 4 am or 5 am. The guy is a freak.
    He clearly needs to start at 3am then!

Thread Information