Thread: wwe network what will cost subscribers

Question wwe network what will cost subscribers

according to wrestlinginc.com

- In case you missed it yesterday, WWE stated that the Network would cost subscribers $12.99 to $14.99 monthly. They once again stated that the premium model would be the best approach for the Network, and believes that they can garner 2 million to 4 million subscribers.

Default Re: wwe network what will cost subscribers

I'd consider it because of the pay-per-views.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

If they include most of the PPVs on the network, that would be a fantastic deal. I always said that I'd buy every pay-per-view for $15 and give them $180 each year rather than the $90 I give them now for only two shows. Give me the option and I'll back it up with my wallet.

Every PPV except WrestleMania will be on it, according to the current plan.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I'd be down for that if ppv is in the mix. If not then fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by vendrell View Post
    I'd be down for that if ppv is in the mix. If not then fuck that.
    I agree. And I also hope they make it available for people outside the U.S., to capitalize on the worldwide appeal.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

Am I the only one who realizes the ppv's would be the bait to get people to buy and then once they hit the numbers they want they'll cut back on how many ppv's will be shown on the wwe network?

Why else would they cut back on one of their main revenue streams?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaskedOtter View Post
    Am I the only one who realizes the ppv's would be the bait to get people to buy and then once they hit the numbers they want they'll cut back on how many ppv's will be shown on the wwe network?

They could do that, but then I assume people would just cancel the network if they cut back enough, unless they can provide really quality non-PPV programming.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

The Wrestle-O-Pedia TheMaskedOtter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    They could do that, but then I assume people would just cancel the network if they cut back enough, unless they can provide really quality non-PPV programming.
    I'm sure it is worked into the metrics that a certain percentage of people would drop the wwe network if the ppv's dropped, but at the same time for something like this one you have a subscriber it usually takes quite a bit to lose them.

I'd be down with that too for the PPV's alone. Hopefully they would replay past PPVs events and DVD's. If they streamed Raw from the start I would watch every episode. Also a compilation show of matches from their gigantic library would be awesome.

Banner Credit: Spike

I'm sure it is worked into the metrics that a certain percentage of people would drop the wwe network if the ppv's dropped, but at the same time for something like this one you have a subscriber it usually takes quite a bit to lose them.
    It's certainly possible that they'll drop the PPV's, but for the time being, it'll be a good draw for the network.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Well I'd know how I will watch the smaller PPVs now once this rolls out...

I'd pay a fee like what is being talked about if the network contained some of the PPVs. Obviously wouldn't expect Wrestlemania or even SS and the Rumble to be on there, but that doesn't bother me.

Banned

I'd be more than happy to pay for that, if I got all the PPVS and everything.

Then can afford to cut back on the price of each PPV because they stand the chance of making way more money on advertising. $15 a month and then all the revenue from commercials on the channel with easily make up for the cut in PPV price. Granted that all depends on them grabbing subs. If the subs are good then they charge more for advertising. There would be no need to cut down on the PPVs. Also if they get anywhere between 2-4 million subs when was the last time if ever that many people ordered a PPV that wasn't WM.

i already pay $9 a month for wwe 24/7 so a few bucks more and i get the live PPV's?

shit, im in.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Banned

I'd consider it. That's definitely priced in the range I'd call "reasonable." Still think I see more than enough wrestling as it is though.

Thread Information