Thread: Mark Henry

Default Mark Henry

I was reading The thread Klockard made about Cena winning the belt and potential feuds where he threw Mark Henry's name in. Very interesting idea to me, which made me think about the World's Strongest Man. Now, I've always liked Henry. Personally, I like him way better as a face, I just think him smiling with kids translates better than walking around with a low brow and grunting. But that's neither here nor there.
    We all are under the impression that this may be Henry's last run with The WWE. A man his size, with The major injuries that he's had over The years can only go for so much longer. That being said, how do you want to see his last run go? Toss out everything he's currently doing. Book him however you'd like. Send him off to retirement any way you see fit.

I'd, like I said before, change him face. Then have him do a short feud with Big Show where he just manhandles him again and makes Show cry. After that, toss him into The mix for a championship. World Heavyweight seems more fitting. Let him hold the title one last time, even if only for 2-3 months towards the end of the year. I wan to see Henry go out with respect. He's deserved it after the years he's put in and the fact that he's only held one work title(let's not count the now defunct ECW title). I know ppl will disagree with me on many levels, and that's absolutely cool. I want to see how people feel about Henry and his place in WWE 'Lore'.
    [I]
    Taker, one of the greatest Legends in History
    Forever A Warrior
    Shout out to Bender for the Sig.

Banned

Default Re: Mark Henry

I actually thought Henry was going too face del rio at mania. But now that is scrapped I don't know what his plans for mania are.
    Anyway after mania I would like him too Carry on with the hall off pain. I want him too be a bigger threat then he was last time. If that's possible He should have two high profile feuds. Then after those two feuds he should go onto too beat John Cena for the WWE championship. I know the wwe championship is on a higher level now. And I know Henry could be on that level. I want him too retire on top off the world. He deserves it.

Whatever he does at Wrestlemania, he needs to win and continue his Hall of Pain shtick. I wouldn't turn him face though, he's good as a dominant heel and I want to see him feud with Cena so turning him face and then back again in such a short span of time would be a bit silly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    Whatever he does at Wrestlemania, he needs to win and continue his Hall of Pain shtick. I wouldn't turn him face though, he's good as a dominant heel and I want to see him feud with Cena so turning him face and then back again in such a short span of time would be a bit silly.
    He needs too be a heel when faces cena

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    He needs too be a heel when faces cena
    Of course. So he needs to stay heel and not change to a face and then back again.

Henry v Khali I guess could work.
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Yuck. Henry has beaten him once and destroyed him on Smackdown after a match. Don't let that go anywhere near Wrestlemania. It's also likely they'd give Khali the win which would kill any Henry momentum.

Henry vs Team Jobbers
    - Credit: Bender -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I had this fear that Henry would feud with Khali. But I don't see that happening " Thank God"
    Khali is no threat any more. He's just a comedy act.
    Though Henry is a huge threat too anyone on the roster.

According to some dirt sheets it may be Jericho v Henry. Not my first choice but I could support it

Thanks Heteroflexible

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    According to some dirt sheets it may be Jericho v Henry. Not my first choice but I could support it
    Yeah I could live with that if it were to happen.

They should put Mark Henry against 2 jobbers every week.

Jericho vs Henry actually intrigues me a little. There are rumors of a Jericho heel turn.

Banner Credit: Spike

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

SOMEBODY GON GET THEY ASS KICKED.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned

Mark Henry is just so much better as a heel these days. A face turn right when he's approaching retirement might fit, but even then I'm not sure. I don't always agree that everyone's retirement has to be with them going out with respect or anything. Jericho said on his DVD that since he prefers to play a heel much more than a face, he doesn't want a huge respectful send off where the fans are sentimental about it, he wants to be keep with his heel persona by being dragged away (like on Raw in 2005) with the fans thinking that they're glad they never have to see him again. A similar thing with Henry could happen... Not the drag away part, of course, but someone finally putting him down and saying they've shut down the Hall Of Pain for good. Of course, I can also imagine a scenario where Henry feels disrespected towards by a big heel and decides to squash him, maybe turning face one last time like Andre did at Wrestlemania 6.

I think Henry is better off going after the WWE Title rather than the WHC because as mentioned, we all know the WWE Title is the true king as far as world titles go.

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    I don't know why that match intrigues me so much, but it really does. It's a fresh match, and Jericho can just bump like a madman for Henry. I'm on board for that if it goes down.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Banned

I don't see Henry/Jericho in a one on one match at WM. They'll probably have a big ten man or twelve man tag match as their way of fitting most people on the card this year who wouldn't be on there otherwise, and it seems that's where Henry and Jericho will probably end up.

Banned

I don't EVER want to see Mark Henry as a face again. Henry can work the face role really well, however, I fear the WWE would turn him into a jobber once again, and Mark Henry is far, far beyond that low status. Henry needs to just keep destroying everyone who stands in his way and keep talking trash the brilliant way that only he can.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Mark Henry is just so much better as a heel these days. A face turn right when he's approaching retirement might fit, but even then I'm not sure. I don't always agree that everyone's retirement has to be with them going out with respect or anything. Jericho said on his DVD that since he prefers to play a heel much more than a face, he doesn't want a huge respectful send off where the fans are sentimental about it, he wants to be keep with his heel persona by being dragged away (like on Raw in 2005) with the fans thinking that they're glad they never have to see him again. A similar thing with Henry could happen... Not the drag away part, of course, but someone finally putting him down and saying they've shut down the Hall Of Pain for good. Of course, I can also imagine a scenario where Henry feels disrespected towards by a big heel and decides to squash him, maybe turning face one last time like Andre did at Wrestlemania 6.

I think Henry is better off going after the WWE Title rather than the WHC because as mentioned, we all know the WWE Title is the true king as far as world titles go.
    I think most people feel that way. Just because of how much easier it is to be hated. I can't really imagine how the feud would be started, and then have enough intensity to warrant a 1v1 'mania match. If they can pull it off i'd be impressed. Otherwise I see it as more an Extreme Rules kinda PPV match.

Thread Information