Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When John Cena Wins The Belt...

Banned

Default When John Cena Wins The Belt...

...What feud do you look forward to happening?

I think a feud with Mark Henry could be great. It would be new and fresh. They could milk a couple of months out of that one. Have the first PPV match end in DQ or a No Contest and then have Henry destroy Cena after the match and cause some internal bleeding and/or taped ribs leading to the rematch, where Cena manages to overcome him. An alternate idea is having Henry take the belt in the first match and injure Cena for a few months, ala Earthquake taking out Hogan in 1991 (which had kids crying back then, too) and then having Cena come back and win it in the big comeback match later.

A face/face encounter with Ryback that ends with Ryback taking the belt could be neat if they built Ryback up to have some sort of aura but I'm afraid they've made him a choke artist by having him lose every big match he's had to date. I'm not even sure if a victory over The Shield in some capacity will make much difference.

Another idea is to toss a midcard/upper-midcard heel in there with him for a month. Sometimes, it's cool to test the waters by putting someone in a title match even though they're clearly not ready for a world title run, but it's a way of seeing how the audience react to them in that situation. See Austin (against Undertaker) at Cold Day In Hell 1997 or Cena himself (against Brock) at Backlash 2003 or Jericho winning the belt from Triple H in April of 2000 as examples. Or Ryback last year at HIAC, though they were kinda forced into that one. Throw someone like Damien Sandow in there with Cena for the belt for a month just to see how people react to it. Could even do a false finish where it looks like Sandow just won the belt (just so fans can see what it looks like to see Sandow holding the belt) only to restart the match and have Cena retain. There's reports of Vince wanting to see Sandow in the main event scene sooner than later anyway.

Those are just a few ideas.

Default Re: When John Cena Wins The Belt...

How would a DQ finish happen at Extreme Rules?
    - Credit: Bender -

I wouldn't mind a Mark Henry/Cena feud. Eventually I'd like a Ryback v Cena with Ryback going over, hopefully that can really establish him as a star.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    How would a DQ finish happen at Extreme Rules?
    I didn't mean that the match would have to happen right away the next month. I assume Cena will have the belt most of the year, so there's plenty of time later on.

I would like to see Cena vs. Ryback, Cena vs. one of the Shield members, Cena building Cody Rhodes back up, and I am sure Cena and Punk will find their way back to each other.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Thread title is interesting. No intrigue I guess for Mania's main event.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    As the saying goes, it's a fait de complet at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    As the saying goes, it's a fait de complet at this point.
    Yeah, I have to agree with others the only saving grace right now is for the two to try to make a classic. I mean if little kids believe Cena is winning I have seen other places as they say he always wins title matches.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Yeah, I have to agree with others the only saving grace right now is for the two to try to make a classic. I mean if little kids believe Cena is winning I have seen other places as they say he always wins title matches.
    Not that I think there is even a chance of this happening, however it would be quite the twist if Cena lost this one.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

I don't think Cena could take a second clean loss to Rock without drastically altering his character afterwards.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

I have already said a Mark Henry Cena fued seems like the best option. Henry is on that level IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I don't think Cena could take a second clean loss to Rock without drastically altering his character afterwards.
    Yep, that would be the only way. I remember a scenerio some posters presented last year that went something like the Rock wins, Cena beats him up so bad after the match that Cena turns heel and the Rock is so 'injured' he has to forfeit the title.

I would bet though on the "Cena wins, Rock shakes his hand" scenerio.

Banned

Cena/Henry could be the Feud of the Year. I am completely serious. Henry could be the Andre to Cena's Hogan. I want a half-year long feud in which Cena drops the title to Henry and wins it back in a Cell or Last Man Standing Match.

Cena/Henry would be awesome, IMO. The WWE needs to book this at some point in the next 6 months.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff View Post
    Cena/Henry would be awesome, IMO. The WWE needs to book this at some point in the next 6 months.
    Yeah they is not many guys on the roster. Who are on the WWE championships level.
    Out off the roster Brock Rock Cena Punk Ryback and Henry are the only wwe championship contenders IMO

Cena isn't going to lose the title right away. So anyone but Ryback who can't afford to lose another title match. If he feuds with Ryback it can't be till he's ready to drop the title which shouldn't be until around SummerSlam in my opinion.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

When Cena wins the belt at WrestleMania I expect his run to be dominant. A feud with Mark Henry would fit in right after his feud with Rock. I also suspect he will feud with Randy Orton, Roman Reigns(and the Shield, but Reigns would be the threat for the title) and Dolph Ziggler. I don't think he will hold the title as long as Punk did, and my early prediction is Ziggler taking the title off Cena.

I would love to see Cesaro and Cena feud after Cesaro is done with the US title.
    Last edited by Jack Nichols; 03-01-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Banner Credit: Spike

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Cena/Henry could be the Feud of the Year. I am completely serious. Henry could be the Andre to Cena's Hogan. I want a half-year long feud in which Cena drops the title to Henry and wins it back in a Cell or Last Man Standing Match.
    I agree with that. I feel like it most definitely could be a HUGE deal as far as feud of the year. I also like the idea of having some midcarders step up to the plate (Rhodes, Barrett, Sandow).
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Cena going over Rock at Mania is more probable than Hogan over Slaughter at Wrestlemania 7..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    When Cena wins the belt at WrestleMania I expect his run to be dominant. A feud with Mark Henry would fit in right after his feud with Rock. I also suspect he will feud with Randy Orton, Roman Reigns(and the Shield, but Reigns would be the threat for the title) and Dolph Ziggler. I don't think he will hold the title as long as Punk did, and my early prediction is Ziggler taking the title off Cena.

I would love to see Cesaro and Cena feud after Cesaro is done with the US title.
    I see Dolph being involved with the WHC for a while, so I dunno about him taking the belt of Cena. Ryback would be my choice.

For once I'm actually ok with Cena having the belt for the whole year leading up into WM 30. I feel that he has been out of the title picture long enough to where he can have several lengthy feuds that will rebuild his dominance. As others have stated, there are plenty of superstars that could keep challenging for the title and keep it interesting.

I want Cena / Ryback at Summerslam.

Banned

lol Is there any doubt? There's a couple of reasons why I'm hoping Rock loses - if Cena/Taker happens next year, Cena is almost certainly winning if he takes three WM losses in a row before that. The second reason being that there will almost certainly be a third match at some point and I think that works best if Rock and Cena walk into that match 1-1. If Cena walks in and beats Rock after two back to back consecutive losses to him, it doesn't make Cena look as good because it took Cena three times to score a victory and it would still be 2-1 in Rock's favor. On top of that, while not being a Cena fan, I still have no issue with another Cena title reign.

I'm glad so many agree about Cena/Henry. Henry is a proven ratings draw and the best sort of 'monster heel' in the WWE today. It's an obvious feud to happen (I see it more as Hogan/Earthquake than Hogan/Andre, though.)

Have Ziggler cash in as soon as Cena pins Rock and win and have John feuding trying to get the belt back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Have Ziggler cash in as soon as Cena pins Rock and win and have John feuding trying to get the belt back.
    Sorry, but Ziggler can only cash-in on the WHC, so that can't happen.

surrender

Although that would be ultimately hilarious. After two years of feuding with The Rock, John Cena finally gets a win on "The Great One" at Wrestlemania on the main event, gaining back the WWE title ... only to lose mere minutes later to Dolph Ziggler after cashing in on the the WWE Title with the WHC briefcase.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Thread Information