Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertaker vs CM Punk

Default Undertaker vs CM Punk

It's happening

- PWInsider is reporting that Undertaker vs. CM Punk is now penciled in for this year's WrestleMania and creative is scrambling to fast-track the match's storyline.

WWE creative is concern with Punk losing the last two WWE pay-per-views and then again to John Cena. They feel a lost to The Undertaker at WrestleMania could really damage one of the two names who draw on the road currently, the other being John Cena.
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Undertaker vs CM Punk

...and this will turn into a "the streak should end," and "No! It never needs to end" thread.

Banned

Spoiler alert
    Todd is going too be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    ...and this will turn into a "the streak should end," and "No! It never needs to end" thread.
    This thread can be about "the streak should end" and "never needs to end" thread. The other thread on the same subject that was just published can be about how Taker is kinda fat and needs to grow his hair back.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

Way to go out on a limb there, OP.

Meh not really interested in this match ATm, maybe that will change, TBH Punk could have feuded with Bryan to bring him back up to the main event scence.

Thanks To Hayze

I am trying to remember if ever before I have cared less about two of my favourite superstars of all time being booked in a match together. Hopefully the promo work makes me feel more invested.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

'Did you hear the one about the man, that can't be destroyed? He was buried alive. He was set on fire. But he keeps....coming....back.'

Can't wait to see The Undertaker back, I can see my interest in the match being massively boosted as soon as he does.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

I wonder if Taker will say something about Punk's hoodie not being formal?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmania View Post
    I am trying to remember if ever before I have cared less about two of my favourite superstars of all time being booked in a match together. Hopefully the promo work makes me feel more invested.
    This is kind of where I am too. I feel like I'll be more interested come Wrestlemania, but with an outcome that's never in question for a second, it's going to be a challenge for them.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    'Did you hear the one about the man, that can't be destroyed? He was buried alive. He was set on fire. But he keeps....coming....back.'

Can't wait to see The Undertaker back, I can see my interest in the match being massively boosted as soon as he does.
    One of my favorite lines from a 'Taker return video. *goes to watch now*

For those that don't know it:

And the thing is, the man truly backs this gimmick up. He really does keep coming and coming even though he's been through a lot of injuries and whatnot over the years.

Credit to Heteroflexible for the banner!
    Find me on Twitter
    Follow my blog

The only way fans will get invested into this build will be if WWE lets reality into the storyline. We don't need to hear a Deadman gimmick from Taker; we need to hear promo work similar to what he did in his build with HHH at WM 27.

Banned

You mean WM28.

I agree somewhat, but I wanna see Taker use some old tricks on Punk. Like sending a coffin out there and when Punk opens it up, he sees himself inside, just like Diesel did and just as Orton/Bob Orton did in their feuds with Taker.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    You mean WM28.

I agree somewhat, but I wanna see Taker use some old tricks on Punk. Like sending a coffin out there and when Punk opens it up, he sees himself inside, just like Diesel did and just as Orton/Bob Orton did in their feuds with Taker.
    No I'm talking about that RAW promo right before WM 27.

I'd like a nice blend of the classical UT gimmick, with the tricks and the spooky stuff. I'd also like some reality involved too though, where he actually engages with Punk and what Punk is saying.

As long as Punk doesn't get too real. I have no interest in hearing Undertaker's real name, Michelle McCool or anything like that.

Find me on Twitter
    Follow my blog

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    As long as Punk doesn't get too real. I have no interest in hearing Undertaker's real name, Michelle McCool or anything like that.
    I agree. That'd really take away from the aura of Undertaker. Punk should just stick to kayfabe.

It's a great match. People are so funny here. There's really three choices for Undertaker to face. Punk, Brock and Cena. We get CM Punk (the Internet GOD) versus Undertaker at Wrestlemania. The Indy guy who every Internet freak praises as teenagers and tweeners are about to witness CM Punk face the undefeated Undertaker at Wrestle-fucking-mania and people just shrug it off and say, "Eh, I'm not that interested. Whatever, it will do.@ you guys are nuts. It's going to be an epic match.
    - Credit to JV.
    THE KWF

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat; his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory."

RIP WARRIOR

I think a lot of people wanted a Triple Threat, Kid. I didn't, and I'm happy they didn't go that route, but for whatever reason people think this match is equivalent to Punk being jipped after his great reign.

I'm of the opinion that Punk being granted the Undertaker after the last four years he's had should be considered a huge honor.

But the other reason for the apathy might be because they haven't yet started building anything between the two, and for a match of this caliber that's some pretty major procrastination (all UT feuds since I've been watching have started the night after NWO/the Chamber at the latest).

HAYZE

Banned

There's still five Raws before WM. Not to mention they could use any of the Smackdowns to help build it up as well if they see fit to. There's plenty of time to build it up before April 7th. It's actually my most anticipated match on the card.

For the record, I'm eagerly anticipating Punk/'Taker. I just don't want any lines crossed...

Find me on Twitter
    Follow my blog

For the record, I'm eagerly anticipating Punk/'Taker. I just don't want any lines crossed...
    Agreed. But I would at least like WWE to acknowledge their feud back in 2009. It's not right for Punk to bring up anything from Taker's personal life which would certainly take away from the aura of his character. Punk could bring up the fact that while many stars were pushed ahead of Taker throughout his career he voiced his opinion when the same thing was happening to him. It's true that during Taker's career many guys were pushed ahead of him -- Diesel, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Rock, Triple H, Shawn Michaels. The same thing was happening to Punk, however he put a stop to that with his infamous "Pipe Bomb." The point for this is that Punk could use this against Taker by claiming that he's always been a company guy while Punk as been anything but that. Taker has always been a respectful guy, doing things the old school way while Punk took matters in his own hands back in 2011. This could lead to a respect issue between the two: Respect (Taker) vs. The Rebel (Punk). That might be the best way to add intrigue to the angle without going to realistic.

Great, another rematch. This WM sucks donkey dick!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    Great, another rematch. This WM sucks donkey dick!
    It's a rematch from over three years ago. By that logic, Punk vs. Jericho last year was a rematch too.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I think a lot of people wanted a Triple Threat, Kid. I didn't, and I'm happy they didn't go that route, but for whatever reason people think this match is equivalent to Punk being jipped after his great reign.

I'm of the opinion that Punk being granted the Undertaker after the last four years he's had should be considered a huge honor.

But the other reason for the apathy might be because they haven't yet started building anything between the two, and for a match of this caliber that's some pretty major procrastination (all UT feuds since I've been watching have started the night after NWO/the Chamber at the latest).
    And in no way do I see Punk as a threat to the Undertaker. Plus, the WWE has to be careful booking matches with the internet around, everyone with a computer knows this is a match put together so they can keep Punk away from Cena and Rock. The triple threat was the best thing to do, and they blew it in my opinion.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Thread Information