Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Bryan says NXT was disrespectful, wants to do more serious stuff

Default Daniel Bryan says NXT was disrespectful, wants to do more serious stuff

Here are the main highlights of an interview that Daniel Bryan he did in Turkey. The original interview wasn't posted in English but this is the translated version that got posted on the dirtsheets. So obviously the wording might not be 100% accurate (in particular, the mentioning of Kaval seems a bit confusing and like it could be worded slightly wrong).

Thought this was interesting because I always see people on here discussing whether or not Bryan cares or dislikes that he's doing a comedic role.

Being trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal:

“Being trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal was a great opportunity. Not everyone gets this opportunity. Imagine what someone like Kaval would be if he was trained by HBK & Regal”

Comparing WWE to the Indys:

“I miss the intimacy of the fans in independent scene. They have their pluses and minuses but I can say I miss the fans there.”

Disliking WWE’s Original NXT TV Concept:

“NXT was disrespectful to wrestling in general. The entire show. When Undertaker debuted, he didn’t have to climb ladders or carry kegs. I trained to be a wrestler for a long time, so let me go out and wrestle. If you have me go out and do these stupid contests, you make me look stupid and it’s very difficult to make stars when you already made them look stupid on television”

His “The Future is Bright for Bryan Danielson” Promo on NXT:

“One of the things people don’t know about NXT is that we were never told what to say, and we never knew the questions people were asking us. When the interviewer asked me “You were a big fish in a small pond and now you seemingly drowned in the sea that is the WWE”, my response was “No, this character that you created for me, he’s failed, because you created him to fail. But me, as a person, I’m better than this. I can go out and do, I can do what I’m doing right now, which is capturing the imagination of the crowd.”

The Choking Justin Roberts Incident:

“I did what I felt was natural, but I am not used to wrestle in a confined environment. WWE has to be very carful about being PG. I wasn’t used to that at the time. I was an independent wrestler, Sometimes I would do things because it just felt right, and when it felt right, it wasn’t right for the company.”

Being a World Heavyweight Champion:

“Being a world champion is cool, but you don’t just wanna be the champion, you want to be the man, you wanna be the guy they rely on for everything. Even though I was the world champion, I never was the man. John Cena, even though he isn’t the champion, he’s the man, and that’s what you aspire to be. At the end of the day, you wanna be the man”

Wanting To Do More Serious Work In WWE:

“I was able to do lots of comedy stuff on Pro Wrestling Guerilla and shows like that, it’s been fun to do that to a wider audience. But now, I’m starting to feel like aching for the more serious stuff, being able to go out there and just wrestle. “

surrender

Knows he isn't welcome

Default Re: Daniel Bryan says NXT was disrespectful, wants to do more serious stuff

Dissappointing (for me, of course).
    That's all, folks.

Default Re: Daniel Bryan says NXT was disrespectful, wants to do more serious stuff

Well it was promising during the first couple of weeks but then went down-hill fast. Thank goodness they've fixed all that crap nowadays with NXT fully being the developmental brand and just wrestling and simple storylines.
    LETS GO XENA! XENA SUCKS!

/r/womenswrestling

Appreciate the post LS, always wondered what his thoughts are on his current run in the WWE. You see people like Foley & McGuiness celebrate his run in the WWE as this big victory and it's surprising to see Bryan isn't quite satisfied with it just yet. Surprising, but also affirming too - the best of Bryan is hopefully to come and now that he's proven himself as a ring performer and mic. worker hopefully we can see him work some serious programs on top of the card.

Am I the only person who'd like to see a proper Cena/Bryan program? Or a return to Ziggler/Bryan?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    Appreciate the post LS, always wondered what his thoughts are on his current run in the WWE. You see people like Foley & McGuiness celebrate his run in the WWE as this big victory and it's surprising to see Bryan isn't quite satisfied with it just yet. Surprising, but also affirming too - the best of Bryan is hopefully to come and now that he's proven himself as a ring performer and mic. worker hopefully we can see him work some serious programs on top of the card.

Am I the only person who'd like to see a proper Cena/Bryan program?
    Or a return to Ziggler/Bryan?
    Nope. I would kill for that.

I'd love to see Cena vs. Bryan after WrestleMania. Bryan's a MUCH better heel because his current babyface run is too goofy and comedic. It works for the current angle but not going forward after he and Jane lose the Tag Team Titles. Perhaps from the June PPV to Money in the Bank in July we can get a feud between the two before Cena moves on to someone like Ryback.

/r/womenswrestling

Banned

Ugh, no.

He's found his niche as a comedy act in a tag team.

Thats not to belittle him or anything, but "super serious" Daniel Bryan is dull as hell and nobody cares about that shit.

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I'd love to see Cena vs. Bryan after WrestleMania. Bryan's a MUCH better heel because his current babyface run is too goofy and comedic. It works for the current angle but not going forward after he and Jane lose the Tag Team Titles. Perhaps from the June PPV to Money in the Bank in July we can get a feud between the two before Cena moves on to someone like Ryback.
    Im curious, why doesn't it work? what is the problem with him being goofy and comedic?
    That's all, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post

Am I the only person who'd like to see a proper Cena/Bryan program? Or a return to Ziggler/Bryan?
    I really want Dolph vs. Bryan to happen soon. The history is there with AJ, and of course the matches will be fantastic, as they have been in the past. But I really do miss Bryan's heel character from last year. I think the storyline was done perfectly, with the title going to his head, and him becoming more of a dick each week, and of course the emotionally/verbally abusive boyfriend character.

(Side note, though - for anyone itching to see another match between Dolph and Bryan, they just taped a match together for Saturday Morning Slam a little while ago at tonight's tapings, so you can check that out sometime in March)

Overall I feel there's still a lot more Bryan can do as a heel, and a lot more people he can feud with.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Ugh, no.

He's found his niche as a comedy act in a tag team.

Thats not to belittle him or anything, but "super serious" Daniel Bryan is dull as hell and nobody cares about that shit.
    Correction. You don't care about that. Other people might differ. I'm one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Im curious, why doesn't it work? what is the problem with him being goofy and comedic?

I'm not saying drop it completely. But he's Santino-level silly right now. That's not particularly credible for a main-eventer. I wouldn't mind him going back to being similar to how he was during his post WrestleMania 28 feuds with Sheamus and CM Punk.

He just needs to tone it down a little from how silly he's playing the character right now.

I'd rather Ziggler vs. Bryan right now for Mania much more than Bryan vs. Kane or Ziggler vs. Jericho. Would be much more interesting. How about Ziggler/Big E. vs. Kane/Bryan for the Tag Team Titles at WrestleMania with Dolph and Bryan moving on by themselves after Mania?

/r/womenswrestling

Knows he isn't welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I'm not saying drop it completely. But he's Santino-level silly right now. That's not particularly credible for a main-eventer. I wouldn't mind him going back to being similar to how he was during his post WrestleMania 28 feuds with Sheamus and CM Punk.

He just needs to tone it down a little from how silly he's playing the character right now.
    I personally don't see how he is near Santino's level, and even then, why is that a bad thing? why can't he be a credible main eventer that way?
    That's all, folks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Correction. You don't care about that. Other people might differ. I'm one of them.

Danielson came out to the sound of a rat pissing on cotton while he was all 'serious technical wrassler', he only got popular when he became a goofball.

Daniel Bryan was absolutely perfect in his feud with the Big Show. He was serious, he was still the funniest guy on the entire show, and it was just the best television the WWE had offered in a long, long time.

Danielson came out to the sound of a rat pissing on cotton while he was all 'serious technical wrassler', he only got popular when he became a goofball.
    His entrance may not have been all that loud, but he was over. His early work with Miz showed that. His MITB win showed that. When he was in there doing work, the fans reacted strongly to him.

Bryan is at his best when he is "Serious Wrestler with a few weird quirks." That's pretty much what he is now, but WWE has a tendency to take any weird quirk and highlight it to the 1000th degree.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

Spoiler

I've really liked Bryan's comedy stuff the past few months, he's been a highlight of the show. It is losing a little steam though - in my view anyway. I'd like him to become a more serious character soon, most likely it'll happen after Wrestlemania. WWE tends to leave these characters in the comedy roles for too long and they lose all credibility or any possible credibility they could get back e.g. Santino/Khali

Bryan has the right idea.

He got over with comedy and now that that is starting to run its course it is time for his character to get more serious and move up the card.

Because even though some people may not want to admit it the big money is always in a serious fight between two stars, built on drama.

Comedy will only get you so far in wrestling.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Hopefully this shuts up the people who were acting like he'd be totally loving this Hell No stuff, and that the idea that he should be a more serious character/wrestler was just an IWC fantasy. I've said it a few times now but the team with Kane has totally run it's course. Hopefully they get it over and done with at Wrestlemania and he can have another awesome Summer like he did last year in the Punk feud.

Banned

Serious wrestlers are a dime a dozen and forgot about as soon as they get their pink slip.

People want to berate the comedy guys but these are the wrestlers who get invited back to the anniversary shows and Wrestlemanias for guest appearances because they resonate with the masses.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    Hopefully this shuts up the people who were acting like he'd be totally loving this Hell No stuff, and that the idea that he should be a more serious character/wrestler was just an IWC fantasy. I've said it a few times now but the team with Kane has totally run it's course. Hopefully they get it over and done with at Wrestlemania and he can have another awesome Summer like he did last year in the Punk feud.
    There's not another team to win the tag belts till Rey gets back. That's the problem. They broke up Rhodes Scholars and now it seems the PTP may be done for a while due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    There's not another team to win the tag belts till Rey gets back. That's the problem. They broke up Rhodes Scholars and now it seems the PTP may be done for a while due to injury.
    Who from PTP is injured? Young posted a tweet saying that he isn't injured, and I haven't heard anything about Titus being injured.

Banned

Serious wrestlers are a dime a dozen and forgot about as soon as they get their pink slip.

People want to berate the comedy guys but these are the wrestlers who get invited back to the anniversary shows and Wrestlemanias for guest appearances because they resonate with the masses.
    What great comedy characters Psycho Sid, Vader, JBL, Sargeant Slaughter, Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Harley Race, DDP and Roddy Piper are.

Foley, as well as Piper, are brought in sometimes for comedy but sometimes to cut a serious promo to get a fued over. Which gets talked about more? Roddy Piper's incredible speech towards Barrett and Cena on Piper's Pit in 2010? Or the random Goldust appearance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    Who from PTP is injured? Young posted a tweet saying that he isn't injured, and I haven't heard anything about Titus being injured.
    Did they rescind the report that Darren Young needed to take time off? My bad if they did.

What great comedy characters Psycho Sid, Vader, JBL, Sargeant Slaughter, Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, Harley Race, DDP and Roddy Piper are.

Foley, as well as Piper, are brought in sometimes for comedy but sometimes to cut a serious promo to get a fued over. Which gets talked about more? Roddy Piper's incredible speech towards Barrett and Cena on Piper's Pit in 2010? Or the random Goldust appearance?

- - - Updated - - -

Did they rescind the report that Darren Young needed to take time off? My bad if they did.
    They must have. Darren Young tweeted, "#DYoung out of action? #aintnobodygottimeforthat @WWE #RAW #millionsofdollars" and he re-tweeted a few other tweets saying how they were glad the reports were not true.

So because they did two stupid things with two tag teams then they should continue doing more stupid things?

Thread Information