Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hulk Hogan finally comments on CM Punk's comments about who had it easier as Champion

Default Hulk Hogan finally comments on CM Punk's comments about who had it easier as Champion

Hulk Hogan: CM Punk Couldn't Walk A Mile In My Shoes
    The incendiary six-page interview with Hulk Hogan in Issue 90 of Fighting Spirit Magazine has been causing waves since FightingSpiritMagazine.co.uk first released a snippet of Hogan's brutal attack on Bret Hart's drawing power as a headliner several days ago. Going on to reveal yesterday how he would have stripped Jeff Hardy of the TNA World Title, rather than go through last month's UK tour without a champion, Hogan now has words for CM Punk.

On the January 7 episode of Raw, then-WWE Champ, CM Punk stated during a fiery in-ring promo that stars such as Bruno Sammartino and Hulk Hogan had it easy compared to him during their respective reigns as champion. Clearly used as a means to further cement Punk as an arrogant heel, the comments nonetheless ruffled some feathers; former world champion, 'Superstar' Billy Graham responded negatively on his Facebook page, feeling Punk showed a lack of respect in allowing the creative team to write him such a cheap heat-seeking statement.

Writing on Twitter days after Punk's promo on Raw, Hulk Hogan said, “I think CM Punk has stepped up and proved he can hold his own with anybody in the ring and anybody on the mic, he’s on a roll”. Responding in more detail during the recent exclusive interview with FSM, Hogan feels Punk needs to check his facts on exactly how tough Hogan had it during the 1980's; a decade Hogan dominated in the then-WWF.

“CM Punk never had to walk into a dressing room where he wasn't supposed to be. He never walked into Kansas City, where Harley Race was the champion for 20 years, where Harley had told all of his friends and neighbours that he was the only heavyweight champion, because he was the NWA champion”, Hogan declared. “CM Punk never walked into Kemper Arena and had Harley Race put a gun to his head and say, 'Get out of my town, kid'.

"So, does CM Punk have it easier than me? When I was flying 300 days a year, doing double-shots (Editor's note: two shows in one day), and there was no Rock and no 'Stone Cold' around, but just me (as the main event guy) for the first 15 years? During the day, I was flying from New York and stopping in St. Louis, taking a TV station manager out to lunch, and then in the afternoon getting to the building early in another town, like Chicago, and cutting a TV deal before wrestling that night. So, no, I don't think I had it easier than him.”

http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co...le-in-my-shoes
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: Hulk Hogan finally comments on CM Punk's comments about who had it easier as Cham

Harley Race held Hogan at gunpoint? I know his movies were terrible, but that's no way to act!

Default Re: Hulk Hogan finally comments on CM Punk's comments about who had it easier as Cham

Hogan has said that about Race before and I have never heard Race deny it.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Hogan likes to blow smoke up his own ass. While I'm sure he didn't have it easy, Hogan didn't have nearly the workload of a Ric Flair. News to me that he did "double shots" at all, much less for 15 years. Ric Flair wrestled every single fucking night and sometimes twice on Sundays. I never heard of Hogan doing that shit. From what I gather, WWE wrestlers work multiple nights a week, including house shows, etc now.
    http://www.wrestlingforum.com
    www.wrestleweek.com
    http://community.theblackvault.com/

( ಠ_ಠ) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Jesus Christ, Hogan is clearly his own biggest mark.

Race has pulled guns on other people right?

No wonder guys like Vader were scared of him even in old age.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Hogan likes to blow smoke up his own ass. While I'm sure he didn't have it easy, Hogan didn't have nearly the workload of a Ric Flair. News to me that he did "double shots" at all, much less for 15 years. Ric Flair wrestled every single fucking night and sometimes twice on Sundays. I never heard of Hogan doing that shit. From what I gather, WWE wrestlers work multiple nights a week, including house shows, etc now.
    I stated on here that Hogan did do double shows around the time Punk made the comments. Hogan isn't lying. He did a full schedule back then from 84-88 as champion. The company was on a mission to become the undisputed #1 with Hogan leading the charge. I know some people don't like the guy, but the truth is he was telling the truth with both comments concerning Hart and CM Punk.

He isn't even saying anything bad about Punk either.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

“CM Punk never had to walk into a dressing room where he wasn't supposed to be.
    What about when he originally signed up with the WWE? According to Punks DVD, he wasn't really liked or respected by most people.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Steve View Post
    What about when he originally signed up with the WWE? According to Punks DVD, he wasn't really liked or respected by most people.
    I took this as Hogan is speaking about going into other promoter's turfs and setting up shop(which ties into the Harley Race comment). There was even a grassroots attempt by promoters to unite against Hogan and the boss in 1985. Other promoters thought the wwf was ruining wrestling with the circus atmosphere of WrestleMania.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Man, too many old timers getting butt-hurt over a promo. A FUCKING PROMO.
    You would think Wrestling 101 would teach you that "Hey guys, this is scripted" aka CLOSE YOUR EYES, GUYS... fake.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Quote Originally Posted by BestInThe205 View Post
    Man, too many old timers getting butt-hurt over a promo. A FUCKING PROMO.
    You would think Wrestling 101 would teach you that "Hey guys, this is scripted" aka CLOSE YOUR EYES, GUYS... fake.
    I don't see the problem because I see a lot of people online responding to this saying Hogan is lying. He isn't and he is just telling it like it was. I think that is the reason some of these guys are responding to the promo and of course the media is going to ask them about it. CM Punk name dropped Hogan on a show that he is not currently apart of. Does that mean he can say whatever he wants and Hogan can't say anything about it? I'm sure if Hogan responded on TNA that Punk would throw a shot back at him. Just like Bischoff threw a shot at the company about being screwed when the screwjob happened. HBK came back a hour later and responded back on RAW to Bischoff.

That is the magic of the business and wish more stuff like this would happen to generate interest as this was the stuff of legend during the WARS in the 80's and 90's. Today everyone wants things to be too PC. There are people out there who actually think Punk was being factual who are even in the IWC who are suppose to be the more educated viewers. I think some of the responses I have seen has been more markish in that Hogan is getting attacked for stating facts.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Punk isn't ignorant, he says these types of things to be a dick because it's apart of his heel character. These old timers need to chill the fuck out.

First Billy Graham, now the biggest worker to ever work a work in Hulk Hogan?

If that doesn't spell out #bestintheworld, I don't know what does.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

Hogan praises CM Punk though and did so on his twitter, while working for another company. I don't see the problem with Hogan. Superstar Billy Graham is a different story though and he responded like a mark(although I see why from his viewpoint). Of course, everyone just glosses over Hogan giving CM Punk props.

Plus, Hogan works for another company.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Hogan praises CM Punk though and did so on his twitter, while working for another company. I don't see the problem with Hogan. Superstar Billy Graham is a different story though and he responded like a mark(although I see why from his viewpoint). Of course, everyone just glosses over Hogan giving CM Punk props.

Plus, Hogan works for another company.
    I think Hogan would have been a bit more classy if he just complimented Punk, and didn't get into a rant about his history.

I don't see the problem because I see a lot of people online responding to this saying Hogan is lying. He isn't and he is just telling it like it was. I think that is the reason some of these guys are responding to the promo and of course the media is going to ask them about it. CM Punk name dropped Hogan on a show that he is not currently apart of. Does that mean he can say whatever he wants and Hogan can't say anything about it? I'm sure if Hogan responded on TNA that Punk would throw a shot back at him. Just like Bischoff threw a shot at the company about being screwed when the screwjob happened. HBK came back a hour later and responded back on RAW to Bischoff.

That is the magic of the business and wish more stuff like this would happen to generate interest as this was the stuff of legend during the WARS in the 80's and 90's. Today everyone wants things to be too PC. There are people out there who actually think Punk was being factual who are even in the IWC who are suppose to be the more educated viewers. I think some of the responses I have seen has been more markish in that Hogan is getting attacked for stating facts.
    I'm definitely not saying Hulk doesn't have the right to respond, just saying that I don't understand the hooplah from Hogan and Graham over a promo. It's not about Punk's "disrespect" or whatever, it's just something a character said on a scripted television show. No reason to be upset with Phil Brooks, the person. Just take it as what it is, promo, and leave it at that.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I thought of Punk's angry promo as kayfabe, about his competition.

He had to deal with money in the bank briefcases, power hungry GM's, matches that were never around back in the day like Hell in a Cell and Elimination Chamber, PPV title defenses every month, and men twice his size.

From a kayfabe perspective, of course a heel Punk feels that his title reign deserves more props than most every other champion.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I think Hogan would have been a bit more classy if he just complimented Punk, and didn't get into a rant about his history.
    The magazine is obviously trumping up the interview for traffic and doing snippets to make people buy the magazine. Most likely Hogan was asked about the comment CM Punk made about him having a harder schedule than him and other former champions. Hogan just responded with the truth of the matter.

The comments Hogan made are comments he has made before and nothing new in different settings. Maybe the walking in his shoes could have been said differently(although he never actually said it himself), but it is ironic Hogan said that in this same interview where he speaks about Hart. Hogan said the same thing about Hart in 1993.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 02-25-2013 at 08:43 PM.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I'm definitely not saying Hulk doesn't have the right to respond, just saying that I don't understand the hooplah from Hogan and Graham over a promo. It's not about Punk's "disrespect" or whatever, it's just something a character said on a scripted television show. No reason to be upset with Phil Brooks, the person. Just take it as what it is, promo, and leave it at that.
    Just because it's a scripted show doesn't mean that nothing is ever grounded in truth. Take the build up to MITB 2011, for example.

The magazine is obviously trumping up the interview for traffic and doing snippets to make people buy the magazine. Most likely Hogan was asked about the comment CM Punk made about him having a harder schedule than him and other former champions. Hogan just responded with the truth of the matter.

The comments Hogan made are comments he has made before and nothing new.
    So they took him out of context and tried to make it look like he was insulting Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Just because it's a scripted show doesn't mean that nothing is ever grounded in truth. Take the build up to MITB 2011, for example.
    I know, but I still don't see the reason to assume Punk meant disrespect toward him. It could have been his honest opinion, maybe not. No reason to take it to heart. Hogan is a legend, he doesn't have to remind every one. We all know his accomplishments and the success he achieved. He made wrestling fucking popular, for god's sake. If I was him, I wouldn't even bother looking in to it. I'd just sit back and dwell in my own accomplishments and not worry about what a tv character said.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

I don't even see Hogan being upset. If he was he would have stated so on his twitter after Punk made the comment. This was the first time Hogan was probably asked in a media setting about the comment. How else would you respond about the comment without just saying it was just done for promo work. That doesn't move units, but Hogan responding to it straight up does move units and get people talking about the interview. That is how you get media covering the business.

So they took him out of context and tried to make it look like he was insulting Punk.
    No I think they ADDED to it with the paraphrasing that led to the quote unquote.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    I just want to rebut this as the info is out there that he did actually do this. January 18, 1986 Hogan was in two different cities with two different matches. He had a tag team match with Hillbilly Jim against King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd in Landover, Maryland and then Richmond, VA he defended the title against Big John Studd. The next day he faced Randy Savage in Richfield, OH. It was part of the reason why some of Hogan's matches were put on in the middle of the show as he would be able to leave early to reach his other obligations.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 02-25-2013 at 11:26 PM.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Nothing wrong with Hogan setting the record straight about the work schedule he and the other performers from his era endured. And as Vince said, he didn't insult Punk. Refuting Punk's argument is not the same as putting him down.

Why does it always seem like online fans are so quick to say that Punk is being mistreated or maligned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Nothing wrong with Hogan setting the record straight about the work schedule he and the other performers from his era endured. And as Vince said, he didn't insult Punk. Refuting Punk's argument is not the same as putting him down.

Why does it always seem like online fans are so quick to say that Punk is being mistreated or maligned?
    Exactly. As much as I hate Hogan (was always a Warrior/Savage fan) I see nothing wrong with Hogan setting the record the straight. This is coming from a huge CM Punk fan.

Thread Information