Thread: **Potential Spoilers** A change for Ryback coming?

Default **Potential Spoilers** A change for Ryback coming?

Could a heel turn be coming for the Ryback?

Credit to WNZ http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...urn-is-coming/

I think this would be a good idea, if WWE are indeed considering this. Like the article states, all our current monster heels are either getting old or just can't cut the cake. I think teaming Ryback up with someone like Heyman or Dutch Mantel would be awesome. Like I have already said, we know he does well as a face, so now it is time to try him as a heel, to see which works better. Perhaps he can be interchangeable like Punk,
    Edge, Jericho, etc.

Also, when he first appeared as Ryback on Raw, I thought he was a heel, a 2nd attempt at another Tensai, but wasn't sure. Then over the next few Raws it was made clear he was a face. I am thinking that WWE wasn't sure either, but since he got a positive reaction from the fans, they decided to go with him being a face. But in my opinion, he does look more like a natural heel than a face. Hope I'm not alone on that. lol.

So what do yall think of a Ryback heel turn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Default Re: **Potential Spoilers** A change for Ryback coming?

Yeah you could kind of see this coming, I always saw Cena vs. Ryback as a big face one on one match that could headline SummerSlam. However Ryback as the heel chasing Cena for the title is something that appeals to me, I just hope that they don't do it following WrestleMania as I can't see Cena losing the title for a while.

Save it for SummerSlam and have Ryback win, another failed title challenge would be horrible for him...he has to win in his next attempt in my opinion. Sheamus vs. heel Ryback for WrestleMania.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    Yeah you could kind of see this coming, I always saw Cena vs. Ryback as a big face one on one match that could headline SummerSlam. However Ryback as the heel chasing Cena for the title is something that appeals to me, I just hope that they don't do it following WrestleMania as I can't see Cena losing the title for a while.

Save it for SummerSlam and have Ryback win, another failed title challenge would be horrible for him...he has to win in his next attempt in my opinion. Sheamus vs. heel Ryback for WrestleMania.
    Yeah I was thinking a Sheamus vs Ryback for Mania as well, considering their previous interactions. Makes more sense. Maybe have them lose one more time to the shield, with Sheamus getting pinned. Then Ryback could snap and attack Sheamus, blaming him for the loss and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

He was face from his debut, then quick (and yet quietly dropped) feud with Jinder Mahal proved that. I don't know what motivated them to bring him over to Raw, but it worked early on. The "Goldberg" chants were hot at the start but soon cooled off when "Feed Me More" caught on. WWE Made a mistake badly by not puling the trigger on a WWE Title run with Ryback, yeah I said it. The IWC were bitchy, but Ryback was hot and WWE should have done what was right for Ryback to make him into a megastar.

Then, they turned him into The Shield's bitch. Made him become a "slip-up" on the big stage, losing to The Shield in 3 tag matches (being involved in the pinfall loss in one). Yet, the WWE wonder why the fans aren't cheering for him anymore. His momentum is not "dead" but its at an all time low, something a heel turn won't fix. IF anything a heel turn could just make the WWE Universe care less about him and not react.

I'd say just make The Shield be Ryback's bitch at Mania, they've been dominant for far too long. Ryback needs his big moment, he hasn't had one yet. Losing at 5 straight PPVs does something to a guys credibility. The big moment will be Ryback "Meat Hooking" The Shield and feasting upon them at Mania.
    - Credit: Bender -

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    Yeah I was thinking a Sheamus vs Ryback for Mania as well, considering their previous interactions. Makes more sense. Maybe have them lose one more time to the shield, with Sheamus getting pinned. Then Ryback could snap and attack Sheamus, blaming him for the loss and everything.
    It's ideas like this which make me wish they could occasionally use blood. Imagine Ryback just snapping after another loss to The Shield and beating Sheamus to a bloody pulp for 5 minutes as the crowd is in shock.

This just literally screams turn him heel so Cena can retain his title against him

Smart because he is the only guy I can think of Cena is going to feud with that will not be a re-hash of stuff weve already seen.

Big Show
    Kane potentially
    Ryback
    Punk
    Jericho
    Orton.

The only downside is if Ryback turns heel they'll miss the boat on an Orton feud when he turns heel and a Big Show feud.

I go over this scenario in every way possible and every single result is failure, but I would love to be proved wrong for Ryback personally. He is a hungry, genuine, ambitious guy who I really like.

But yeah, I see it failing.

I also thought he was a heel when he first debuted and it took a couple weeks for me to realize he was actually supposed to be a face. If they turn him heel, I hope it fails so that they know how much they fucked him up. All they needed to do was book him better and he would have been huge as a face but they just kept killing him by making him lose and now he's lost pretty much all steam.

Ryback has been the hottest up and coming face we have seen since the ruthless aggression era gave us lesnar, cena and batista.

what a fucking waste that not only has he lost so many PPV's back to back but now speculation to turn him heel?

thats some short sighted fucking bullshit right there.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

He was face from his debut, then quick (and yet quietly dropped) feud with Jinder Mahal proved that. I don't know what motivated them to bring him over to Raw, but it worked early on. The "Goldberg" chants were hot at the start but soon cooled off when "Feed Me More" caught on. WWE Made a mistake badly by not puling the trigger on a WWE Title run with Ryback, yeah I said it. The IWC were bitchy, but Ryback was hot and WWE should have done what was right for Ryback to make him into a megastar.
    Nope, he didn't deserve it. I'd rather have Miz as the WWE Champion again. At least he can talk and wrestle.
    It's showtime, folks!

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

It doesn't matter whether he "deserved" it or not. He was over as fuck and they fucked up by not capitalizing on it.

The Royal Rumble buyrate had better be astronomical to make that worth it.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

If there is one thing I will criticize WWE for in the last year or so, it's the way they handled Ryback. Even after he lost at Hell in A Cell it still could have been done right. I understand that he was quickly forced into that position because of Cena's injury, but they could have easily just kept him away from the title following that in some way.

He hasn't even won a PPV match since Money In The Bank last year when he was squashing the roster.

I knew they screwed up Ryback once the rematch happened at Survivor Series. Ryback should be in the world title match going for the gold. He got the Lex Choker push and now rumors of him turning heel? I see this not ending well either if he's going against Cena. If the match happens right after Mania it will be even more unlikely he is winning the title from him. Wins and losses don't matter philosophy is hurting Ryback. I always said he should have just lost to CM Punk at HIAC and then take him out of the title scene and build him back for the world title victory at WM. Traditional strong booking for a new star rising, but unless the company has more faith in The Shield they are using Ryback to get them over.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Ryback's rough style in the ring lends itself to being a heel.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

I could see him as a heel. However, he should still be a monster face running through guys at this point. The problem is they cut the legs out from under him when they put in the WWE title match way too soon. He should be running his course through the mid/upper-mid card as we speak, and be primed to win his first world title in the summer. I always thought they should have had him win the US or IC title around Oct/Nov, and then either challenge Big Show for the WHC, or also win the other (US/IC) at Mania.
    Now with that said, they did put him in the match at HIAC. So where do we go from there? They either need to give him a huge monster face performance, something like a handicap HIAC match with the Shield where he goes on a rampage and smashes all 3 members through the cell one way or another, or they turn him heel.

It doesn't matter whether he "deserved" it or not. He was over as fuck and they fucked up by not capitalizing on it.
    I don't give a shit. It would've been a waste of a title win as the mongoloid is what he is: another flash in the pan.
    It's showtime, folks!

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

NO!!! Ryback needs to stay face so my hopes of Cena turning heel at Mania can stay alive. Without Ryback as a face theres nobody fresh to feud with a heel Cena over the title.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

I've said it before. The only way Ryback as a heel is going to be acceptable is if he goes World War Hulk on WWE. He needs to be absolutely unbreakable, no matter who you are, whether your bigger or smaller than him, he will crush you. It gets to the point where the roster literally has to make a deal with the devil, to get Undertaker to fight him, and even then, it's completely even, neither man able to finish the other off.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I've said it before. The only way Ryback as a heel is going to be acceptable is if he goes World War Hulk on WWE. He needs to be absolutely unbreakable, no matter who you are, whether your bigger or smaller than him, he will crush you. It gets to the point where the roster literally has to make a deal with the devil, to get Undertaker to fight him, and even then, it's completely even, neither man able to finish the other off.
    Man that's awesome. That's how they should have used Brock instead of feeding him to Triple H.
    7/11/14 - The King goes home.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I like that. I'd like him to stay face for a little longer though. Actually I think he should stay face for the foreseeable future. They lack some top fulltime faces so if they can get Ryback some momentum back then it would be worth it IMO.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

I originally suggested they have him beat Punk at HIAC, keep him undefeated right up until the fans turn on him, then turn him heel and turn him heel, and book him stronger.

Thread Information