Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Orton

Default Randy Orton

General topic about Randy Orton and where he's going and how he got to where he is at the moment.

To me, I still see a lot in Orton and believe that he will eventually reclaim his place as a top guy in the company. Where he is now does not reflect what everyone saw in him back in 2004-2005 in my opinion and I think he needs a heel turn as has been rumoured to rejuvenate his career.

I have seen that a lot of people here don't like him but I believe he remains popular as a face because he is the opposite to Cena as a face. He is a badass who doesn't kiss up to the fans or the other faces, he walks alone and I and casual wrestling fans like that. Unfortunately though his current character got stale long ago and he would benefit from another long run as a heel as that is where he really shines.

I don't know if WWE is too afraid to invest a lot in him again due to his drug test failure last year or what but I still feel there is a lot more they can do with him. I keep thinking the losses he suffers are all leading to a heel turn but that remains to be seen.

Turn him the cocky heel that many of us loved back at the start of his career and ditch the current theme music and I feel Randy Orton can be rejuvenated. Not the Legend Killer though as he has pretty much become a legend himself.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Banned

Default Re: Randy Orton

I liked the cocky egotistical heel legend killer Orton myself like when he was in evolution. I just don't think he has that desire to be a top guy anymore. The guy is about his family now and is very well off. The only reason he is a wrestler is because he had a dishonorable discharge from the service. I want the guy back that shit in people's purses, distroyed hotel rooms and yelled at others

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    I liked the cocky egotistical heel legend killer, Orton myself like when he was in evolution. I just don't think he has that desire to be a top guy anymore. The guy is about his family now and is very well off. The only reason he is a wrestler is because he had a dishonorable discharge from the service. I want the guy back that shit in people's purses, distroyed hotel rooms and yelled at others
    We all do, we all do. We all enjoy a good shit in the purse. But I'm not sure those working with him would share our wish unfortunately

Banned

Also the Evolution song fit him like a glove

meh i like orton.

just a shame he decided to take 2 things from undertaker.

1-inked his arms to high hell with sleeves

2-walking HAS SLOWLY HAS POSSIBLE to the ring during his entrance.

and i dont really care about #1
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Banned

I think his days as a long term valuable main event performer are almost certainly behind him. Unless he turns heel or something, I don't think he really has much left to offer, personally. If he disappeared off TV for good tomorrow, I would barely notice.

He's pretty good in the ring and a heel turn could make him interesting again. Feuds with Cena (when he's champ again), with Del Rio (had a really good old-school wrestling match with him at HIAC), Sheamus, maybe Ryback, etc. As a baby face, I wanted to see him continue to feud with The Shield, but he seems to have moved on from that. He could have another feud or match with Ziggler, as they always had good/great matches.

I wish they'd give him back the punt kick, but they won't because of concussion issues.

I was fan of Orton for a long while but to see him now after his second violation I think he just doesn't want to be that main guy anymore, I'm starting to see alot of that on the roster, the guys and gals don't have that drive anymore . As long as they get a pay cheque every month it doesn't matter where they are at in the company.
    People Power + Mizz TV = Ratings

and the ones that DO care get mishandled (ryback)
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

I always thought he would benefit from some time away. I'm not really the kind to hope or wish injury on anyone, but if he were to have to take maybe a year off for whatever reason then it would really benefit him career wise. I would certainly miss him after a while and would really look forward to him returning.

For the moment he really needs a fresh start as a heel with fresh entrance music, I hated 'Voices' at first...then liked it for a few months around WrestleMania 25 then have pretty much hated it again ever since.

I still like him now and marked out at the little spurt of dominance he had in the Rumble before being eliminated by Sheamus, he has the best powerslam in the business.

Banned

Why not pair him back up with Flair? Flair is doing comentary when Orton is getting ready too loose another match and during the match flair says how soft Orton got. As Orton is about to loose flair hits the other guy with knucks and Orton picks up the win. Flair gets on the mic a d tells Orton he got soft since he became the youngest champ in history and always thought he would be like flair by now. Flair then says he is here to get rko back on track and they hug and form an alliance

I agree with yah on that one. there is a few who want to be main event like Ryback, but they wont make it cause men like and no offence to the other men , but guys like Taker, Cena, Jericho,Rock, those men are taking everything away from the guys who want to be big. Maybe if Vince head is screwed on right next year WM wont include Rock, wont include Jericho, get the guys who want to be up on the card and start them off after WM. Build these people up and see where it goes instead of having these legends competing once a year . These other guys have worked there asses off , give the spotlight to those guys and quit burying them at every major ppv.
    People Power + Mizz TV = Ratings

Love the smell of napalm Slushy's Avatar

He's overdue for a world title match at Wrestlemania considering the last time he got to be in one was at WM 25.
    It's showtime, folks!

His matches look they are in auto pilot, match starts, he does the come out of the corner clothesline early, bit more back and forth in which time he mounts his opponent in the corner punches, gets backed away by the ref, comes back in kick to mid section, heel dominantes, clothesline clothesline duck power slam handman DDT ect

He made a good face, I enjoyed the run, he got good pops had some good matches but he has more value as a heel at this point.

If they need to switch him back its easily done, its not like Big Show who goes smiley smiley face turns monster heel, stays monster for a few months, starts loosing more and more turns smiley face then turns monster heel ect

Orton just needs to be himself but against heels again and he will be cheered. I am not even sure the machinasions of his face turn but it happened

Banned

We all know Taker loves his family... Why not have Takers wife being stalked again and Orton revels he is a stalker them Boom! Instant heel turn... If anyone ended the streak out of the 20 it should have been Orton! Remember how personal he made the feud with HHH at WM 25 with stephanie McMahon? Orton knows how to make a feud personal.
    Last edited by spladle125; 02-25-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Orton has done the following:

Cocky Heel (2003-2006)
    Psychotic Heel (2007-2009)
    Viper Face (2010 - present)

WWE has never had anyone lately play the role of tweener. A wrestler that takes on faces and heels. It would be unique to see Orton go from facing the likes of Sheamus to CM Punk then to John Cena and to Antonio Cesaro. WWE needs a character that doesn't fall in line on one side nor does he trust anyone in the locker room.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I just want Heel Randy back
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

The impetus for Heel Randy is there; he's a man who equates respect with fear and right now none of the locker room fears him.

For f--'s sake, he was part of a hug-it-out with Daniel Bryan and Kane.

They.
    HUGGED.
    Him.

This is not something you do to a man you're scared of. You do not blithely hug a man who can and will kick you in the head whenever the voices tell him to. (Additional: The voices should tell him to wear pants once in a while.)

I've never particularly cared for Orton myself. He comes across as very bland to me, and people only really seem to care about him when he's winning. If you need to be booked strong to garner a reaction from the fans, you're probably not really that over after all. Daniel Bryan, Zack Ryder, John Cena could lose for three months straight and still manage to get pops when they come out.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Orton just needs to turn heel or at least into a tweener and start Punting people in their skulls again, add a Stalling Jumping Piledriver to his moveset and get new theme music..Obviously I know he won't Punt anyone again due to the PG bullshit, plus the concussion fears and he'll never do a Stalling Jumping Piledriver, even though that move would definitely fit with his character..But the least they could do is turn Orton heel and give him new theme music

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

It occurred to me earlier just how young he was. Guy's only 32

Spoiler

I'm wondering if we will see the heel turn at WrestleMania if it's happening at all. Signs point towards another 6 man tag match and I could possibly see Orton turning on his partners.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    I'm wondering if we will see the heel turn at WrestleMania if it's happening at all. Signs point towards another 6 man tag match and I could possibly see Orton turning on his partners.
    I feel like the Shield needs to get their comeuppance at Mania, though. Especially since Ryback is in desperate need of a win.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I will always be a fan of Randy as a face or heel.

For all his faults the guy is a star.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Orton needs to either turn heel, or go down to IC Title level. WWE is apparently punishing him for his backstage issues, but it doesn't seem like he's being punished. He's in this weird limbo where WWE has decided that they're not going to give him a World Title anymore, but they're still going to have him run around RKO'ing everything in sight, and it doesn't feel like anyone is really benefitting from him being depushed. The only people who are beating Orton are people that WWE were going to push anyway. The only difference between current Orton, and 2010-2011 Orton is simply that he isn't constantly in the hunt for a major title. His presence keeps other faces from moving up, and despite his fall into irrelevance, WWE feels the need to keep him strong, and has him beating the heel midcard champs over and over without even caring about their belts, and it gets irritating.

TempestH summed it up well. Randy is in this limbo where he is still kind of a main event, and will RKO everyone, but they aren't going to give him the strap or any sort of big money feud. Personally, I couldn't see why he can't drop down to the IC level for awhile (with a new character) and build himself back up into the main event scene. Unfortunately Barrett is the IC champ at the moment and those two have had a decent run in the past, the stuff they do now just bores me.

Banned

Knew this would be a typical "turn him heel and everything will be fantastic" thread.

He's an awful, boring heel. I guess if you like guys cutting slow, robotic, monotonous promos like Cody Rhodes and a ton of restholds and headlocks in your matches then you'd like heel Orton, but hes done his best work since turning face and dropping down the pecking order a bit.

I'd like to see him move back up a few spots but content if he doesn't. You don't have to be a main guy to have amazing matches, and he's still the top in-ring worker in the business IMO.

Thread Information