Thread: It would be kind of cool to see Cena go to TNA.

Default It would be kind of cool to see Cena go to TNA.

Lets say when Cena's contract ends(Whenever that is) with WWE, he decides he wants a lighter work scheudle and doesn't want to be on the road as much. If he signed with TNA, would that finally push TNA to the next level and be able to compete with WWE? I know for me, that would be the only way I would really watch TNA.

TNA build Cena up only to turn him heel( I know that would be too much WCW/Hogan like.) and have it done his own way. Maybe build up to a Cena vs Sting at BFG and have the
    storyline being that Sting announces his retirment because he can trust the company in Cena's hands. While having Cena do his same old character from WWE leading up to BFG. Then during the match Cena turns heel by cheating. Another way is, he could beat Sting after a hell of a match. Then after words act like he wants to shake Sting's hand and gives him the F-U. Then have Cena have this "I'm bigger than TNA" attitude.

I think that would be pretty cool.
    Spoiler

Default Re: It would be kind of cool to see Cena go to TNA.

Cena turning heel would not have anywhere near the impact Hogan would, let alone doing it in TNA. TNA in general doesn't need to compete with WWE, and Cena by himself wouldn't get them there anyway.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

No, just no... as someone who dislikes John Cena I would hate to see him come to TNA.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

The only thing I'd be interested in seeing is if Chavo would change his tune and kiss his ass if Cena came to TNA.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Cena turning heel would not have anywhere near the impact Hogan would, let alone doing it in TNA. TNA in general doesn't need to compete with WWE, and Cena by himself wouldn't get them there anyway.
    It would still bring over WWE viewers more then RVD, Christian, Flair, Hogan could. Plus WWE losing it's biggest star in this current era would be a huge blow for WWE. Not saying it would be as big as
    Hogans but it would still be pretty big. And I'm just saying what if he did not saying he would or is.
    Spoiler

There is no one star that can make that type of a turn around for TNA. Especially if Jeff Hardy couldn't make a big change. He was one of the most if not the most popular star when he left the WWE. And he hasn't made that big of an impact.

Plus no one buy another Sting retirement. It would make it like the fifth time he would have hinted toward it.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

I'd rather see Randy Orton in TNA. He'd be a better fit... and I think he could make a 'I'm bigger and better than this fuckin' company' heel gimmick work.

plus in the sheer fact that Cena being a believable heel in TNA, would be something WWE could never do.
    i agree, it would be a big draw, just given the fact that people try to act like "nobody since Hogan has been a big of a icon as John Cena"
    -Neo TNA forum Championship-
    Tag Team Champ (1 time) w/Kovu Rex, X division Champ (3 time)

-TNA forum Championship-
    Tag Team Champ (3 time) w/ X-Zero, X division Champ (3 time), Internet Champ (1 time)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Zombie
    plus in the sheer fact that Cena being a believable heel in TNA, would be something WWE could never do.
    i agree, it would be a big draw, just given the fact that people try to act like "nobody since Hogan has been a big of a icon as John Cena"
    Except the Rock... and maybe Steve Austin...

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Except Stone Cold Steve Austin... and maybe The Rock...
    Fixed.

I don't think Cena going to TNA would be that big of a deal. I'm sure he has a 60 or 90 day no compete clause in his contract and if he were to jump than we would all know about it well in advance. But if this were like the Monday Night Wars where guys jumped from one show to the other without warning, than I think it could have a much larger impact.

Banned

Cena going too TNA when he leaves wwe is not really a huge deal. If he was a megastar like Hogan was back in the day then maybe he could get TNA too the next level. But right now cena is not really a household name and he is not a pop icon like hogan was. And he wont reach the level off Austin or Hogan. He will probably just wrestle non stop till his body breaks down. Then we will have a new top guy.

no..no no...

we will not even entertain this. TNA is doing bad enough as it is...they dont need Cena hogging the little wrestling airtime they give us.

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Some of you guys gotta remember that the WWE would do everything in its power to devalue the hell out of John Cena's name. I'm not sure even he could overcome those odds.

(I'm trying really hard not to just come out and say Cena sucks...)

John Cena is WWE for life, and he is smart enough to realize that.

Banner Credit: Spike

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I'd rather see Randy Orton in TNA. He'd be a better fit... and I think he could make a 'I'm bigger and better than this fuckin' company' heel gimmick work.
    Orton would definitely fit the company better, honestly. However, Cena would definitely be the bigger draw for the company (obviously).

I don't see Cena ever going to TNA though.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

By the time Cena makes it to TNA he's in his mid 50's , can't work and is drawing money off of his name...there's no way he will leave WWE in his prime...

Thread Information