Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE Invite Glenn Beck to Monday Night RAW

Default WWE Invite Glenn Beck to Monday Night RAW

TAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
    WWE has extended an invitation to talk show host and political commentator, Glenn Beck to appear live this Monday on Raw, in response to a segment that aired on TheBlaze TV yesterday. In the segment, Beck references WWE as “stupid wrestling people,” when criticizing a recent WWE storyline involving WWE characters Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio®, Jack Swagger® and Zeb Colter®. WWE is giving Beck the opportunity to address our 14 million weekly viewers and our global fan base, as he believes we are offending our “conservative” fans with this storyline.

Similar to other television shows and feature films, WWE is in the entertainment business, creating fictional characters that serve as protagonists or antagonists. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines. WWE is creating a rivalry centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view. This storyline was developed to build the Mexican American character Del Rio into a hero given WWE’s large Latino base, which represents 20 percent of our audience.

Link to Glenn Beck WWE Segment:
    http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/02/20/..._201024_201032
    http://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/wwe...175600815.html

Hahaha!!! This is so awesome. Doubt he'd do it though, but you never know. Now if they had invited Bill O'Reilly, he's such a media whore that he would do it, unfortunately he's not really a conservative.

Default Re: WWE Invite Glenn Beck to Monday Night RAW

I like the idea of challenging to face the millions of wrestling fans out there, but the second paragraph shoots itself in the foot imo. Defeats the purpose as it pretty much gives the reason for the storyline.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Bill O'Reilly pisses me off, but somehow I can't help but forgive him. And I'm super-liberal.

Glenn Beck is a twat. I hope he does it.

Spoiler

As long as we get a run-in from Cenk Uygur & David Sirota, I'm all in.

YOU WILL COMPLY.

The only reason I would want to see Beck on a television screen is if he gets roundly humiliated.

Since I do not see that happening, keep that man as far away from WWE as far as possible, or I will stay as far away from WWE as possible.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Wow. This is pretty cool of WWE to stand up against him like this. I hope he does show up.

This is the kid in me coming out right now, but I'd love to see Del Rio put him in some MMA move. Just for fun.

I know that will not happen at all. XD

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u532/JeriKane1998/Signatures/8b10bc60-0ea6-4836-ad84-819497402667_zps5d23e921.jpg

Made by me! And I made it too big.

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

It's a work. Watch Glen show up and side with Jack and Zeb.

Plus, I'd give all the money to see Beck and Ricardo duke it out.

Glen Beck? Yuck! Vince, you have Cena, Rock, Taker, Lesnar....can't you just focus on the wrestling stars?

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

If it's a work, Glenn Beck will become the scapegoat.

Spoiler

Banned

If they ever had Rush Limbaugh vs. Micheal Moore on PPV, I bet you'd see a buyrate record.

WWE needs Karl Rove to analyze their PPV buyrates, merchandise sales, and weekly ratings.

Spoiler

I like the idea of challenging to face the millions of wrestling fans out there, but the second paragraph shoots itself in the foot imo. Defeats the purpose as it pretty much gives the reason for the storyline.

I guess this answers the question if Swagger will get punished now or later.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Why would they even want this assclown associated with their product when ALL he's done is trash them? He even went after the Great American Bash PPV simply because it was called the Great American Bash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Why would they even want this assclown associated with their product when ALL he's done is trash them? He even went after the Great American Bash PPV simply because it was called the Great American Bash.
    Because they want to make the guy suffer. He trashes the product, they trash him. They want to humiliate him. I love it!
    Last edited by CelticsLegend; 02-22-2013 at 07:06 PM.

I seriously hope they flip the script on him.

Spoiler

Notice me, Maddox Senpai Falcone's Avatar

If Glen does show up, let him start rolling, then...

Justin Valuable hates Glenn Beck now right?

I am for this....I'd love to see Beck get blindsided and booed. The dude will get loud boos, even in Dallas. I'd like to see ADR just humiliate him...only problem is Glenn Beck is too uncontrollable and could very well go in there and be coked up or whatever.

Love him or hate him, the dude is fucking hysterical and hilarious if you don't take his conspiracy theories seriously.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

I hate it when the WWE over-indulge themselves with America-Only celebrities. If it's really the WWE Universe then stop acting so insular and alienating their worldwide fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I hate it when the WWE over-indulge themselves with America-Only celebrities. If it's really the WWE Universe then stop acting so insular and alienating their worldwide fans.
    They're an American company that operates mainly in America. They're naturally going to deal with American culture far more than foreign ones.

Don't tread on them!

Thing is would some Aussie or Irish only celebrity really get over well in Dallas?

If WWE did a RAW in Manchester and brought some UK celebrity that's popular only in Britain, I'd completely understand it....

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Banned

They might not boo Beck in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Thing is would some Aussie or Irish only celebrity really get over well in Dallas?

If WWE did a RAW in Manchester and brought some UK celebrity that's popular only in Britain, I'd completely understand it....
    No of course they wouldn't, so just don't use them. Someone like Donald Trump, Hugh Jackman, The Muppets or K-Fed is universally known and so they're ok, but if they aren't a worldwide celebrity then it just bores me. If they really want to continue to expand globally then it's important to consider his I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon
    They're an American company that operates mainly in America. They're naturally going to deal with American culture far more than foreign ones.

Don't tread on them!
    I get that and I understand why they do it. It may get them a short term ratings boost in the states. My point is that there is so much talk about the WWE considering the international markets to be more and more important, not just the UK, but places like India and China. IF that is really the case then they also must realise that 'celebrities' like this mean nothing to the rest of the world and just alienates them from the product.

No of course they wouldn't, so just don't use them. Someone like Donald Trump, Hugh Jackman, The Muppets or K-Fed is universally known and so they're ok, but if they aren't a worldwide celebrity then it just bores me. If they really want to continue to expand globally then it's important to consider his I think.
    Glenn Beck is somewhat of a big deal I'd figure since he's Anti-Obama and is one of the more radical hosts/shock jocks, and Obama is a big global figure right now. Would you say Michael Moore is too USA to be put on a WWE show?

It could be worse....WWE could try and bring in Michael Weiner, who was banned from entering the UK not too long ago.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Glenn Beck is somewhat of a big deal I'd figure since he's Anti-Obama and is one of the more radical hosts/shock jocks, and Obama is a big global figure right now. Would you say Michael Moore is too USA to be put on a WWE show?
    Michael Moore is a lot more famous yes, so people would at least be more familiar, although he is past his prime considerably I'd say. Beck is known by people who follow US politics closely or read TIME magazine in other countries. That's not a huge amount of the wrestling viewership I'd assume. I just think it would be better for the WWE globally to be less US-centric. They are obviously an American company and do not want to lose that identity. That's cool and I understand that, but at the same time, if they are serious about moving further into global markets things like this should go in my opinion. They only help in the US and probably Canada to some extent.

Michael Moore is a lot more famous yes, so people would at least be more familiar, although he is past his prime considerably I'd say. Beck is known by people who follow US politics closely or read TIME magazine in other countries. That's not a huge amount of the wrestling viewership I'd assume. I just think it would be better for the WWE globally to be less US-centric. They are obviously an American company and do not want to lose that identity. That's cool and I understand that, but at the same time, if they are serious about moving further into global markets things like this should go in my opinion. They only help in the US and probably Canada to some extent.
    Hugh Jackman is from AUS, Colin Farrell who's film got featured is from IRE. They do feature popular international celebrities who are somewhat popular in America.

Bob Barker who many feel was one of the best GM's RAW had when they had the celebrity GM thing going on and he runs an American game show.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Thread Information