Thread: WWE2K

Banned

Default WWE2K

NEW YORK — 2K and WWE today announced that they have entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement granting 2K the exclusive worldwide rights to publish the critically acclaimed WWE video game franchise across all major platforms and distribution channels. The series, which will continue to be developed by Yukes in Japan, will combine the studio’s signature gameplay with 2K’s commitment to authenticity in WWE ’14, the latest iteration of the popular, long-running series. With the addition of the WWE franchise, 2K will continue a highly successful, 15-year tradition established by past WWE titles. Financial terms were not disclosed.

“The WWE series is a great addition to our stable of triple-A titles, and we’re very happy with this exclusive agreement with our new partners,” said David Ismailer, Chief Operating Officer for 2K. “We look forward to capturing the excitement of WWE and marrying it with the same commitment to authenticity and entertainment that we give to our NBA 2K and MLB 2K franchises.”

2K has a strong history in growing premier sports simulation titles, evidenced by the incredible commercial success of the NBA 2K series, with more than 15 million units of NBA 2K11, NBA 2K12 and NBA 2K13 sold to-date worldwide. This year, in the first week of its release, NBA 2K13 sold 49 percent more copies in the same time frame than the franchise’s previous record-holder, NBA 2K11.

“2K’s reputation for outstanding quality and dedication to authenticity are a perfect fit for WWE,” said Casey Collins, Executive Vice President, Consumer Products for WWE. “This new partnership will ensure that WWE continues to be one of the leading video game brands in the world and we look forward to continuing the franchise with the benefit of their expertise across a variety of platforms.”

“The development work on the WWE franchise is impressive, and we’re excited to combine our background in developing the NBA 2K series with theirs in this new partnership,” said Greg Thomas, Executive Vice President of 2K Sports. “Fans can expect the most authentic WWE experience on game consoles this fall.”

Developed by Yukes, WWE ’14 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available for consoles in fall 2013.

For more information on 2K, visit www.2K.com.
    What do you think?

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-13/2k-...eries-26090727

Default Re: WWE2K

I'm optimistic that they will deliver great games to add to the WWE franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagokenny416 View Post
    I'm optimistic that they will deliver great games to add to the WWE franchise.
    Yukes is still making the games, so that's out the window.

Awesome!

I'm not a big gamer, so I don't know about 2K's reputation versus that of THQ, but I cannot see how they could possibly we worse than a failing (or failed) company. Bring it on! Maybe they can correct the downward slide in terms of graphics that THQ had in the past however-many years.

I may actually pick up WWE '14.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Forgive me as I don't know too much about video games or their development.

So since it is still being developed by Yukes, does this mean the game will continue where it left off or are we likely to see a complete change in the game? I would like to see them start over fresh with everything in the game.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Banned

Yukes is still making the game? What a joke....Well, I WAS excited, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oWn View Post
    Yukes is still making the game? What a joke....Well, I WAS excited, not anymore.
    I can almost guarantee you 2K sports will not let them be lazy with their games. If 2K holds the WWE license anywhere near the standard that they have with the NBA license, we are in for a hell of a ride.

“We look forward to capturing the excitement of WWE and marrying it with the same commitment to authenticity and entertainment that we give to our NBA 2K and MLB 2K franchises.”

Remember when people stayed On-Topic? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Coding for video games takes a year or two of development. I bet it would be a 2K Sports style game until 15 at the least unless they just take Yukes. Personally 13 was fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    Coding for video games takes a year or two of development. I bet it would be a 2K Sports style game until 15 at the least unless they just take Yukes. Personally 13 was fine as is.
    "Fine" is debatable. The AI is questionable, to say the least, and there are other technical issues to be found throughout the game. From a gameplay standpoint, I have very, very few issues. My main problems are with the tech aspect of the game(s).

Hmm, I wonder why they didnt mention their NHL series...

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    Hmm, I wonder why they didnt mention their NHL series...
    Because they're shit... orrrrr tumblr_ma6l30EsZA1r3ozv4o1_500.jpg
    Run Little Rabbit, Go Hide In The Blades Of That Grass.
    The Coheed Coalition
    Inferno Bartron/ Tw1ster/ MShrooms
    PM any of us to join.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

2K better put Yukes' lazy asses in place. The games are in need of major overhaul....not that that needed to be said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSavior View Post
    2K better put Yukes' lazy asses in place. The games are in need of major overhaul....not that that needed to be said.
    Im so dissappointed that 2K hired yukes, I cant say it enough. I was so happy to finally be rid of that piece of shit company, ugh.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I can only hope that Yuke was only left on due to the short time span between now and the games release date, since yukes already started production on it.

Hopefully they dump them altogether for 2k15 and up.

Maybe they will be able to make a few tweeks to this year's game too because Yukes sucks and it broke my heart to learn they'd be staying on this year, after thinking my decade long prayer of a new developer was finally answered.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

I hope 2K demand more from Yukes than THQ did or we're going to be getting the same game with the same faults for years to come.

Thread Information