Thread: Your Views On The Current TNA Product

Default Your Views On The Current TNA Product

So what does everyone think about the current state of TNA? Do you like where you see it heading? Do you think its headed down the wrong path? What further changes/improvements would you like to see? Do you think that they have the ability to sustain and grow to stick around for a long period of time?

I personally like the fact that they are expanding and taking more shows on the road and phasing out the Impact Zone because that was keeping it with that small company feel. I do not like the current focus on so many of the older guys and wish they would highlight the young talent. And more focus on wrestling matches would be great. I thought they would be the alternative to WWE with a lot less soap opera-like story-lines and drama but unfortunately that isn't the case with this Aces and Eights and Bully/Brooke/Hulk Hogan stuff I want to see more action!

Banned

Default Re: Your Views On The Current TNA Product

I love the current TNA product. I feel TNA does soap opera storylines and drama far better than the WWE does. Everything they do feels more creative and more meaningful. The promos in TNA don't seem as poorly structured and thought-out as most in the WWE, possibly as a result of guys having more freedom verbally. I feel that TNA gives people greater freedom in the ring as well. I'm not wild about how long the Aces and Eights have gone on, but other than that, it's my favourite wrestling product going.

I have very little to complain about when it comes to TNA (and even WWE currently). I really don't understand people who shred a product to bits but continue to watch week in and week out. If I disliked a show as much as some people seem too, I would just completely stop watching. Back onto topic, firstly I'm so glad that they are going to start doing shows around the country. The Impact crowd in Orlando really held them down. Like I've said previously, it seemed like they were placed there to cheer the people TNA wanted them too and boo who they wanted too. They never seemed like they had a mind of their own. So, them going on the road will make the product even better, IMO.

Also, the Aries/Roode combination and Daniels/Kaz combination both never fail to entertain me. Love everything all four men do. Pure gold. Other individuals like Joe, Angle, Joey Ryan, Matt Morgan, James Storm, Kenny King, Magnus among other all entertain me with whatever they do. Look for Rockstar Spud to create some waves in TNA too, the guy can go. The Women's division is solid also, IMO. Better than the WWE Diva's division.

Only things I would change really is the Aces & Eights storyline needs to come to some sort of a conclusion soon, I've enjoyed it much more than many people it seems, but I think everyone can agree it needs to end soon. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Hardy being World Champion, would much rather someone like Daniels, Roode or Aries. I like Hardy, but he just hasn't entertained me at all since becoming champion. All in all, like any wrestling company currently, I'm enjoying the product.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

I like it, but I would love it if they beefed up the women's & tag team division.

I would like them to use a hybrid of the UK look and the impact zone look. UK look looks gives a more epic feel overall but the lack of a tron and pyro gives an unneeded indy look to it. Plus I hate the entrance ramp that leads to the ring.

Overall I think it is decent not nearly their best but definitely not their worse around a 5 out of 10. Some reasons behind such a low score would be the lack of focus and no area that stands out like in the past. The title divisions are all in disarray. World champion really not in any feuds. Tv champion doesn't defend title any more or in a feud. X-division champion not in a feud just random challengers. Tag team divisions doesn't contain any teams that feel like really tag teams. Bad Influence is trying but still seems like Team Daniels. Knockout division is poorly booked but it actually may be the least screwed up division right now. And knockout tag champions? Has anyone even seen them or the titles lately.

Aces and Eights has got to be one of the least threatening super factions in the history of wrestling.

In the past TNA use to have points they excel at doing different periods: Best tag team wrestling, best women wrestling, X-division, and ect. Currently I don't really know anything that I can say TNA does better then the rest.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

Here's what I like about TNA at the moment:

1) The large main event scene: I like that there are genuinely 12 guys that make up the main event scene. (AJ, Aries, Roode, Storm, Daniels, Bully Ray, Sting, Kennedy, RVD, Hardy, Joe, Angle). It means the main event scene can stay fresh easily and feels realistic seeing as so many guys want the World Title. The World Title feels genuinely important as all 12 of those guys (maybe not Sting anymore) are regularly after the belt. That's refreshing to me and I really enjoy it.

2) Longevity: Storylines are slow-burning and take a while to work out. Sometimes they drag a bit, but I enjoy the fact that things aren't forced to wrap themselves up quickly so we can move on to the next pay-per-view quickly. Look at Joseph Parks - what a fantastic angle that has been going on for so long.

3) Creativity: TNA is willing to go beyond the mould more than WWE it seems these days. Sometimes that ends up in things that are only good in a 'it's so bad it's good way' (like the Claire Lynch stuff) but if you don't take it too seriously it's great fun. I love Tara/Jesse and I love Bully/Brooke. I love Daniels' ridiculous quirks and I love the freedom guys like Aries and Roode are given on the mic.

Here's what I don't like.

1) Inconsistent in-ring product: I think this is a matter of different tastes for different people but I find the WWE to be much more consistent with their in-ring product. Their matches are structured more to my liking and I can thing of maybe 10 times more great matches from the WWE in 2012 than TNA.

2) KO and Tag Divisions: For a long time these were the best things about TNA, now they are the worst. The KO's have become as bad as if not worse than the Diva's at their lowest point and the tag division is borderline non-existent. Even when they had MCMG/BM - there was little else going on in the tag division. It's very sad that the WWE are giving us better Womens/Tag stuff atm, considering it's not that great there either.

3) Commentary: Still terrible although the new guy is better than Taz/Tenay combined. I'd rather they have a Kevin Kelly/Ivory combination than what we have right now - that's how much I dislike it.

Overall 2012 was their best year since 2005/6 in my view. IMPACT was the best weekly show of the year in my eyes and they have really settled into a nice groove. Things were pretty horrific when Hogan/Bischoff first came in, but they've worked hard and found what sticks and I am really enjoying the product.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Here's what I like about TNA at the moment:

1) The large main event scene: I like that there are genuinely 12 guys that make up the main event scene. (AJ, Aries, Roode, Storm, Daniels, Bully Ray, Sting, Kennedy, RVD, Hardy, Joe, Angle). It means the main event scene can stay fresh easily and feels realistic seeing as so many guys want the World Title. The World Title feels genuinely important as all 12 of those guys (maybe not Sting anymore) are regularly after the belt. That's refreshing to me and I really enjoy it.

2) Longevity: Storylines are slow-burning and take a while to work out. Sometimes they drag a bit, but I enjoy the fact that things aren't forced to wrap themselves up quickly so we can move on to the next pay-per-view quickly. Look at Joseph Parks - what a fantastic angle that has been going on for so long.

3) Creativity: TNA is willing to go beyond the mould more than WWE it seems these days. Sometimes that ends up in things that are only good in a 'it's so bad it's good way' (like the Claire Lynch stuff) but if you don't take it too seriously it's great fun. I love Tara/Jesse and I love Bully/Brooke. I love Daniels' ridiculous quirks and I love the freedom guys like Aries and Roode are given on the mic.

Here's what I don't like.

1) Inconsistent in-ring product: I think this is a matter of different tastes for different people but I find the WWE to be much more consistent with their in-ring product. Their matches are structured more to my liking and I can thing of maybe 10 times more great matches from the WWE in 2012 than TNA.

2) KO and Tag Divisions: For a long time these were the best things about TNA, now they are the worst. The KO's have become as bad as if not worse than the Diva's at their lowest point and the tag division is borderline non-existent. Even when they had MCMG/BM - there was little else going on in the tag division. It's very sad that the WWE are giving us better Womens/Tag stuff atm, considering it's not that great there either.

3) Commentary: Still terrible although the new guy is better than Taz/Tenay combined. I'd rather they have a Kevin Kelly/Ivory combination than what we have right now - that's how much I dislike it.

Overall 2012 was their best year since 2005/6 in my view. IMPACT was the best weekly show of the year in my eyes and they have really settled into a nice groove. Things were pretty horrific when Hogan/Bischoff first came in, but they've worked hard and found what sticks and I am really enjoying the product.
    You summed it up!

The same things remains constant with TNA: Great talent, good in in-ring product, awful storylines.

They had gotten their shit together in 2012 but the moment kiddie King Jeff Harvey won the belt at BFG, it's been going down the drain ever since. And because of A/8 before that.

Thread Information