Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heyman & Punk moving forward...

Default Heyman & Punk moving forward...

Alright negative nancies,

http://www.wwe.com/videos/paul-heyma...e-feb-26092503

I was browsing wwe.com and stumbled across this video.

Give it a watch and give me your thoughts. If you can't be bothered to click the link, basically a dazed Heyman is assisted backstage repeatedly asking 'why would he do that?' and 'why would he hit me' as well as 'thats a lawsuit, I can sue'.

Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this but could that video be planting the seeds for a confrontation between Heyman and Punk tonight on RAW or alternatively could the accidental bump Heyman was on the end of from his buddy be the starting point for the rumoured....

Spoiler

...feud later this year?

Just a thought.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Default Re: Heyman & Punk moving forward...

In the words of C.M. Burns: Excellent.

Seriously, though, this could lead to something great if WWE plays their cards right. But, my breath, I will not hold.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Turn that frown upside down Darth!

I think they did this for a reason. We might not see dissension right away but I'm certain it's coming. Heyman is an evil genius, a horrible man who will strike Punk when he's least expecting it.

I've been burned before, Wise One.

Okay. I think my greatest concern it's a Brock-Punk match is that I'm not sure how they'll make it work, or what the payout will be. Who should be the face in this situation? You can't turn Brock, but will Punk regain enough fan support in time for it to ,after? CAN either man really be the face in this situation? Can Punk believably beat Lesnar? If yes, why should he and where does he go from there? If Brock goes over, what does that victory mean for him and the loss mean for Punk? What does Brock move on to? Does he gain anything from beating Punk? And how badly will a loss to Lesnar hurt Punk, if at all?

Hopefully WWE will answer all those concerns when the match draws nearer, and hopefully they'll do a great job. But like I said: I'm not holding my breath.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

There is nothing in the slightest bit likeable about Brock Lesnar, and he'd be the first to admit it.

Punk would have to be the face. It would require work but he has the scope and range to pull it off.

If Punk turns, I don't want him pandering to the crowd and making cheesy jokes. I want him to be edgy and borderline face like he was in the lead-up to MITB '11. That can help it work.

I think that was a line that he tread when he turned face, and he tread it very well. He stayed cocky and focused.

He can't continue to be an asshole, it's unrealistic, and it doesn't work.

Kayfabe-wise, I always hate these situations where somebody gets hit by one of their own guys, and they get all bent out of shape about it. In this case, all Heyman has to do is look at the footage, and he can clearly see that Punk meant to hit Rock, and Rock moved out of the way. It's totally stupid for Heyman to hold that against Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I think that was a line that he tread when he turned face, and he tread it very well. He stayed cocky and focused.

He can't continue to be an asshole, it's unrealistic, and it doesn't work.
    Oh, I agree. I just don't want him saying stuff like 'clown shoes'. I want him to be similar to that character he portrayed so well in that promo with Vince a week before MITB '11. The anti-hero people can get behind these days.

I'm glad you posted this thread WMS, I'm too intrigued as to where they could take the Punk/Heyman relationship. I just hope something happens tonight on Raw, it has to.
    - Credit: Bender -

Punk vs Brock would be AWESOME! This could also be a nice way to re turn Punk face.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

As long as I get the image of Punk being in a Kimura at some point (bonus points if it's more than once), I'm totally with it.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I'm all for Brock/Punk especially because that means no HHH/Brock.

Also a Punk face turn would greatly increase the chances of a Cena heel turn against Rock at Mania.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I'm all for Brock/Punk especially because that means no HHH/Brock.

Also a Punk face turn would greatly increase the chances of a Cena heel turn against Rock at Mania.
    It's not gonna happen at this Mania.

Turning Punk face right now would be contrived and wouldn't work, plus his heel run deserves a major blowoff.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

The eyes, gentlemen. Remember Punk's eyes. Evil intentions in them eyes.

A face turn for Punk may seem a little contrived but as long as they basically keep his character the same it could work.

Besides, if Taker can't work, I really don't see who else they could pair Punk with this year.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    A face turn for Punk may seem a little contrived but as long as they basically keep his character the same it could work.

Besides, if Taker can't work, I really don't see who else they could pair Punk with this year.
    I still believe Taker is working the show. If he doesn't show up tonight, my stance on that may change, but until then, I still think it's Taker/Punk.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I still believe Taker is working the show. If he doesn't show up tonight, my stance on that may change, but until then, I still think it's Taker/Punk.
    You're right about waiting till tonight to be sure, it just seemed like last night they really dug into the rift that could tear apart Punk and Heyman.

And to do that last night has me thinking Punk will blame Heyman and catch an F5 for his troubles tonight.

I think McMahon is going to try to force Heyman to have Punk face Lesnar because of the conditions put on Punk/Rock last night.

(This is assuming Taker cannot go at WM)
    You understand the point is for faces to be cool, and heels to be jackasses we hate, right? Because I feel like a large portion of the IWC doesn't actually ever understand that.

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

Surely WWE wouldn't dare, 'risk' a Mania card without both The Game and Taker. Can't see it, personally, unless they have to.

Intriguing vid, thanks for posting mate - hadn't seen it. My prediction is they'll turn Punk face as a consequence of this. Heyman is loved by ECW bods and IWC history buffs (like me), but he's as heel as a heel could be. Whomever he is feuding with will be a default face, and whomever he's affiliated with will be a default heel. It's like when a line in a song ends, 'miss you' - you know for a fact that the next line will, with 100% certainty, end with the words, 'kiss you'.
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Turning Punk face right now would be contrived and wouldn't work, plus his heel run deserves a major blowoff.
    Don't turn Punk face. Leave him the way he is and force him reap what he sowed when he got involved with Heyman. That's a blowoff. Taker is just some deus ex machina. I'd prefer the blowoff revolve around Heyman's other client.
    Last edited by Old School Coco; 02-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Surely WWE wouldn't dare, 'risk' a Mania card without both The Game and Taker. Can't see it, personally, unless they have to.
    If you involve HHH, he has to go after Lesnar. If Lesnar is in a match with HHH and 'Taker is out injured, Punk has nowhere to go except to turn the main event into a Triple Threat, which I am fully against, and I can see WWE being fully against to.

It could be a dictation of circumstance that HHH is left out.

Might be a blessing in disguise as I'm sure Lesnar/Punk would be a better match and plus it's a match no one has seen before. Of course, I thought the joke about HHH/Taker 4 at Mania this year would be made in a quest to prove Bret Hart wrong about his comments on their match last year
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

It's actually Doctor Whom Froggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If you involve HHH, he has to go after Lesnar. If Lesnar is in a match with HHH and 'Taker is out injured, Punk has nowhere to go except to turn the main event into a Triple Threat, which I am fully against, and I can see WWE being fully against to.

It could be a dictation of circumstance that HHH is left out.
    You've ruled out that HHH Vs. Kofi Kingston match we've all been waiting for then, Todd?

Yeah, totally agree. It's a tricky one, because I think Brock Vs. Punk / Paul. E would be just awesome television potentially, but it would remove HHH and Taker from the card, which, as I said; I can't see them doing.

Unless we get the old Taker Vs. HHH re-re-re match Start of a New Era gimmick? Hey, if we're getting Cena and Rock again...
    - Heteroflexible -

- PW Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2013 -
    - The Sports Empire Hall of Fame Inductee - Class of 2010 -
    - 3 x TBG Poster of the Year || PW Fan Fiction Idol Champion - 2012 - || TBG Prem Predictions Champion - 2012/13 || TBG Fantasy Premier League Champion - 2013/14 -
    - Be good. -

LOL re: Kofi

I don't know what's more risky, leaving HHH out or messing with Rock/Cena. Both could and probably would damage business somewhat.

Thread Information