Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't help but think the result of Smackdown's Chamber match is a bad decision

Banned

Default I can't help but think the result of Smackdown's Chamber match is a bad decision

I just finished watching the Smackdown chamber match, and I am astonished. First off, allow me to say that it was a phenomenal match with excellent performances all-around, especially by the beastly Mark Henry - what a brutal performance he delivered!

With that out of the way, let me to get to the problem at hand. It is absolutely unbelievably shortsighted to hotshot Swagger/Coulter into the World Heavyweight Championship match at Mania while they are still in the infancy of generating heat and climbing to the main event picture. Do not misunderstand me: The Swagger/Coulter duo are going places, but they are not there yet. Their pairing is little more than two weeks old, and while they have generated some heat, they have not generated near enough yet to warrant them being thrust into a WHC match at Mania. This is completely premature.

The other astonishingly nonsensical matter is the failure to put Mark Henry in the WHC match at Mania. The man is an absolute monster who has been on a savage tear since his return. He has been awe-inspiring in his domination. It would have been smart to have Henry conquer the Chamber, go onto Mania, and give Del Rio his greatest test yet. Del Rio overcame the Big Show, but a greater challenge would surely have come in the beastly form of Mark Henry. A grueling match against Henry would have cemented Del Rio as fighting champion, a people's champion who overcomes the odds through sheer determination.

I understand the purpose of a match between Del Rio and Swagger - it is a match of conflicting ideologies, and I championed the idea of such a match in other threads. But it is too early for Del Rio versus Swagger. Swagger and Coulter have yet to generate enough heat to get maximum payoff for such a match. Swagger should have been Del Rio's post-Mania program.

Maybe all will work out, but with the current WHC booking, I can't help but see two opportunities wasted.

Default Re: I can't help but think the result of Smackdown's Chamber match is a bad decision

I can't help but think the result of Smackdown's Chamber match is a bad decision

You missed the outcry of anger during the party last night. It was not pretty, to say the least.

But yeah, you're 100 percent correct. This is an incredibly dumb move.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Default Re: I can't help but think the result of Smackdown's Chamber match is a bad decision

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

You missed the outcry of anger during the party last night. It was not pretty, to say the least.

But yeah, you're 100 percent correct. This is an incredibly dumb move.
    I was MIA for the Chamber party, so I honestly wondered what the reaction to Henry's elimination and Swagger's victory was. While watching the match I was so very much impressed with the audience's ovation for Henry. I imagine the forum was equally as impressed with Henry's performance and disappointed with his elimination.

I have serious concerns for Swagger/Coulter. Why must the WWE be so hasty and quick to jump the gun?

Henry would have been just as bad. You're putting Del Rio 3 Ppv's in a row against a monster so he can play underdog?

At least with Swagger winning, we'll get a good WRESTLING match.
    Bow before Da Look. Resistance is Futile.

Banned

In the end, Swagger in his current form was the best choice.

Del Rio is hot right now, and Swagger in his current racist, Tea Party nationalist gimmick has actually made him interesting for the first time in like forever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Henry would have been just as bad. You're putting Del Rio 3 Ppv's in a row against a monster so he can play underdog?

At least with Swagger winning, we'll get a good WRESTLING match.
    WRESTLING? This is Mania! Let's have spectacle! Let's have a match with a great story! And yes, Del Rio playing underdog three matches in a row is a good thing because it solidifies him as the fighting champion that the WWE so badly wants us to believe he is.

And I checked out the Chamber Party thread and I particularly enjoyed this little gem from Summer of Punk:

Fuck off and die. What a piece of shit company. Drop fucking dead. I don't even want to go to Mania anymore. Fucking cum rag piece of shit booking team.

Like I said in the party thread, I don't mind Del Rio vs. Swagger at Wrestlemania, I just don't think that it needs to be for the title. They already have a feud made with the fact that Del Rio is standing up for the poor now, and that Swagger decided to be an all american racist. The title is going to be shoved into the background for this feud, and that's a shame.

Meanwhile, They could have added Ziggler vs. Jericho for the belt, seeing as they hinted a re-feud, and this is the Mania of rematches. Both still want to prove they can win big matches and are the best. I just pray that Ziggler cashes in at Mania, so I can be there live to see it.

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

Banned

If they were going to bring Swagger back, hot-shotting him was the correct move. Otherwise, people would just ignore him. Because he's Jack Swagger.

And for what it's worth, hot-shotting him in 2010 gave me plenty of entertainment value. I expect this to be the same. But more Fox News-y.

Oh no! We are actually going to get a fresh and decent build up to the World Title match at WrestleMania how terrible!

Seriously, for once in your lives...sit back and enjoy the ride rather than complaining about guys being pushed too fast and guys being more deserving. That's their problem and let them deal with it, you don't have to worry for them. I've been coming on these boards for close to 10 years and it still bothers me how much wrestling fans just love to complain.

I can honestly say that it's been very rare that I've ever complained about such things in all my time coming to wrestling forums. For the most part I like to just enjoy what I'm watching as best as I can without analyzing every single little thing.
    Last edited by L.T.D; 02-18-2013 at 11:20 AM.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

So, if I'm completely against a storyline going into Wrestlemania, I should just flip my brain switch's polarity and just shut up and color and enjoy something that is, as Coco said, is completely Fox News-y.

Yep. That's what I'll do. Now, I'm just gonna hop in my time machine, go back to 2003 and laugh my ass of at HHH's "People Like You" promo and when he told Booker to dance for him and bring him a towel. Fucking hilarious.
    Spoiler

I have no problem with Del Rio vs. Swagger for the title.....WWE seems insistant on pushing Del Rio as the next latino superstar now that Mysterio is aging and a feud with Del Rio and Swagger will have the same undertones that Angle/Guerrero had when they main evented wrestlemania (minus the drug addiction).

I wanted (and still want to) see Jericho vs. Zigger but I think the two of them can pull off a great feud without the title, while Del Rio and Swagger need the title more to help establish Del Rio as a top face.

Henry would have been a terrible choice to win, he played his role perfect as the monster who dominates but then is beaten by a combination of people, the same role Big Show, Umaga, Kane and others have played. Now Henry can walk into Wrestlemania against Orton, Sheamus, Big Show or Ryback and continue to be a monster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    So, if I'm completely against a storyline going into Wrestlemania, I should just flip my brain switch's polarity and just shut up and color and enjoy something that is, as Coco said, is completely Fox News-y.
    I don't disagree with your hatred of this at all. It's offensive and there's nothing wrong with expressing that. I'm a little sad that I'm so bent on enjoying this that I'm tolerating it...

On the other hand, rich non-drug lord Mexican Alberto Del Rio who loves his employees is almost so progressive that something like this was probably inevitable if WWE wanted to avoid poking a whole in the fabric of the WWE Universe.

So at least they had the good sense to make Fantastic Mr Fox News the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zigmeister View Post
    I don't disagree with your hatred of this at all. It's offensive and there's nothing wrong with expressing that. I'm a little sad that I'm so bent on enjoying this that I'm tolerating it...

On the other hand, rich non-drug lord Mexican Alberto Del Rio who loves his employees is almost so progressive that something like this was probably inevitable if WWE wanted to avoid poking a whole in the fabric of the WWE Universe.

So at least they had the good sense to make Fantastic Mr Fox News the bad guy.
    I will give you, not WWE, credit for making that point, but I'm not going to force myself to enjoy something I find utterly abhorrent.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post

Yep. That's what I'll do. Now, I'm just gonna hop in my time machine, go back to 2003 and laugh my ass of at HHH's "People Like You" promo and when he told Booker to dance for him and bring him a towel. Fucking hilarious.
    I'm criticizing the reason WHY people can't enjoy it. People are against it because they feel there are people more deserving than Jack Swagger to be challenging for the World Title at WrestleMania, not because of the storyline itself. If everyone would just take a step back from being a smark for a moment they would realise that this is going to be a fresh and entertaining storyline going into WrestleMania which I would prefer over the Ziggler/Jericho feud for the title.

It happens often, people were upset about Triple H/Undertaker happening again at WrestleMania last year and as soon as they announced it was going to be Hell in A Cell every snapped out of being a smark and became a mark for a moment which allowed them to look forward to the match.

I've never considered myself much of a smark, I consider myself a mark who just likes to talk about wrestling. It's much more fun this way.

I'm against it because Swagger simply bores me. There's nothing he's done to make me give a damn about him.

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    I'm criticizing the reason WHY people can't enjoy it. People are against it because they feel there are people more deserving than Jack Swagger to be challenging for the World Title at WrestleMania, not because of the storyline itself. If everyone would just take a step back from being a smark for a moment they would realise that this is going to be a fresh and entertaining storyline going into WrestleMania which I would prefer over the Ziggler/Jericho feud for the title.
    You're talking out of your ass. I can assure you that if you knew the first thing about Mr Djm, a man who carries the pain of WrestleMania 19 with him every day, you'd know that he is genuinely put off by the storyline itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I'm against it because Swagger simply bores me. There's nothing he's done to make me give a damn about him.
    How about, I don't know....being optimistic and thinking that he could possibly entertain you in the next few weeks with a completely different character and in a feud with Alberto Del Rio? The first promo of the feud hasn't even happened yet.

It's going to be a great feud, a newly made face Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger with a new character which has actually been entertaining so far with Zeb Coulter. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it because I don't have an itch to over analyze everything or be so short sighted that I can't see this is going to be a fun feud.

I'll take Zeb Coulter and Jack Swagger having a problem with a Mexican being the World Heavyweight Champion over Jericho and Ziggler going to WrestleMania simply just to find out who is the best and for Jericho to avenge Ziggler getting him fired from WWE any day.

Have fun sitting here complaining guys, I'm going to be off enjoying what is going to be an entertaining build up with two fresh characters.

Banned

How about, I don't know....being optimistic and thinking that he could possibly entertain you in the next few weeks with a completely different character and in a feud with Alberto Del Rio? The first promo of the feud hasn't even happened yet.

It's going to be a great feud, a newly made face Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger with a new character which has actually been entertaining so far with Zeb Coulter. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it because I don't have an itch to over analyze everything or be so short sighted that I can't see this is going to be a fun feud.

Have fun sitting here complaining guys, I'm going to be off enjoying what is going to be an entertaining build up with two fresh characters.

I'll take Zeb Coulter and Jack Swagger having a problem with a Mexican being the World Heavyweight Champion over Jericho and Ziggler going to WrestleMania simply just to find out who is the best and for Jericho to avenge Ziggler getting him fired from WWE any day.

We don't have to share the same taste. Okay?

And again, I'd like to point out the promo that confirms this is a 'America is broken, I'm here to fix it' angle, not a racist angle.

I get it though, people need to complain.

We don't have to share the same taste. Okay?
    Why can I not tell if you're with me or against me, it's been kind of confusing up until now.

If I thought people's problem was just with the storyline then I wouldn't have a problem with it, however I feel it's simply because it's over the fact that people believe there are people more deserving of that position than Swagger. You can't tell me it's because you have a problem with the storyline either because it hasn't even started yet, the first promo hasn't even been cut.

What next, are you going to tell me that Jericho/Ziggler should be for the title and they are more deserving of the World Title match. Chris Jericho who isn't even going to be on every Raw leading up to WrestleMania and will be most likely leaving again after WrestleMania? Dolph Ziggler who has the Money In The Bank briefcase and is going to be World Champion by the end of the year anyway? Dolph Ziggler who also has a good chance of being able to cash in and win the title at WrestleMania anyway?

Banned

Why can I not tell if you're with me or against me, it's been kind of confusing up until now.
    Let me make it simple:

-I'm going to enjoy the story

-With that said, it's offensive and people have a right to be offended

-People are entitled to enjoy what they want

-I think your points are silly

Does that clear it up?

If I thought peoples problem was just with the storyline then I wouldn't have a problem with it, however I feel it's simply because it's over the fact that people believe there are people more deserving of that position than Swagger.
    Those people aren't going to be pleased regardless. Why do you care?

You can't tell me it's because you have a problem with the storyline either because it hasn't even started yet, the first promo hasn't even been cut.
    Actually, I can tell you that. Because Swagger's character has already offended some people.

What next, are you going to tell me that Jericho/Ziggler show be for the title and they are more deserving of the World Title match. Chris Jericho who isn't even going to be on every Raw leading up to WrestleMania and will be most likely leaving again after WrestleMania? Dolph Ziggler who has the Money In The Bank briefcase and is going to be World Champion by the end of the year anyway? Dolph Ziggler who also has a good chance of being able to cash in and win the title at WrestleMania anyway?
    Honestly, I don't give a fuck what they do at this point.

Don't try to put me in whatever little box you think I fit in. You're going to be wrong. Every time.

Another reaso Genry was a bad choice.

He'd get cheered. He's an IWC fave, as is almost everyobe else in the match, and Ziggler.

If you want to make Del Rio as a face at Wrestlemania, it's gonna have to be against a guy NOBODY will cheer for. Enter MURICAN Jack Swagger.

Let me make it simple:

-I'm going to enjoy the story

-With that said, it's offensive and people have a right to be offended

-People are entitled to enjoy what they want

-I think your points are silly

Does that clear it up?

Those people aren't going to be pleased regardless. Why do you care?

Actually, I can tell you that. Because Swagger's character has already offended some people.
    Is your account for two separate people and you post half and another person posts the other half?

Why is it offensive and why are people offended? That's even worse than what I've been talking about, people being offended too easily.

People are entitled to enjoy what they want but I'm also entitled to query why they won't enjoy it. It works both ways.

Would you mind telling me which of my points are silly and why you think they are?

You're the guy with the split personality, I guess that puts you in a box but you're in two seperate boxes within one box.

Banned

Is your account for two separate people and you post half and another person posts the other half?
    My brain operates at a level where I can reconcile seemingly dissonant thoughts. You should try it. It's all the rage.

Why is it offensive and why are people offended? That's even worse than what I've been talking about, people being offended too easily.
    Yeah, casual racism and implied racism are no big deal. People just need a thicker skin.

People are entitled to enjoy what they want but I'm also entitled to query why they won't enjoy it. It works both ways.
    You seem like you're trying to convert people. It's off-putting.

Would you mind telling me which of my points are silly and why you think they are?
    I think the points made by your fingers meeting your keyboard are silly. Because they are. Because they come off as someone trying to convert others to thinking his way. Which is silly. Stop being so silly, you silly goose.

My brain operates at a level where I can reconcile seemingly dissonant thoughts. You should try it. It's all the rage.
    My brain operates at a level where I watch something and enjoy it without having to find problems with it, like most people do who aren't smarky wrestling fans.

I've even just found someone who has actually admitted they will enjoy the storyline but is still able to find things wrong with it, what's worse is that this person thinks its a good thing.

Yeah, casual racism and implied racism are no big deal. People just need a thicker skin.
    Glad you agree, people do need a thicker skin because if they find this offensive then they aren't going to cope too well in life. They certainly better hadn't switch over the channel when it comes on either as they are likely to find something much worse and much more offensive on TV at around the same time Raw airs. It's far, far from the worst thing on TV and far from the most offensive thing they've ever done on wrestling.

The fact that it's 2013 and someone would find this offensive really makes me laugh.

You seem like you're trying to convert people. It's off-putting.
    So any time someone expresses a dislike for something someone has said on here that means they are trying to convert them to their way of thinking?

I think the points made by your fingers meeting your keyboard are silly. Because they are. Because they come off as someone trying to convert others to thinking his way. Which is silly. Stop being so silly, you silly goose.
    Yeah so, let me try again. What point did I make that was silly and why did you think it was silly? You didn't do a very good job of side stepping that, writing something random at the end to try and make people laugh isn't going to make me forget the fact that you haven't actually answered my question.

Thread Information