Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Ryback needs is better entrance music

Default All Ryback needs is better entrance music

With talks of Punk taking time off after Mania with his injury...and of course Rock going to Europe to film his movie(s)....somebody is gonna have to step up. That somebody is Ryback.

I like the way the WWE has built him up. Theyve done a great job. However, the one thing missing thats always been a huge trait of a WWE superstar is quality entrance music to get the fans pumped. Jim Johnston needs to be working day and night on this project. He's responsible for creating some superstars that never had an ounce of talent in their body. Ryback isnt the most technical or the best worker...but he's great for the style he uses and character portrays.

Imagine Warrior or Goldberg using generic crappy music. Hopefully WWE realizes this and fixes this big flaw.

Default Re: All Ryback needs is better entrance music

It's not "generic crappy music." It's not a great theme, but it's distinctive and lets you know that Ryback is there so they can feed him more.

Besides, it's not like Rock, Stone Cold, or Brock Lesnar's entrance themes are particularly astounding from a musical standpoint.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

There is nothing wrong with his music.

There are a million things wrong with his booking, and that's clearly the real problem.

They fucked him up so badly and if they don't give him a huge moment at Mania, I don't have high hopes for him going forward.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I really like his music. I think it's great.

"Did you hear the one about the man, who can't be destroyed?"

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    There are a million things wrong with his booking, and that's clearly the real problem.

They fucked him up so badly and if they don't give him a huge moment at Mania, I don't have high hopes for him going forward.
    Agreed. He needs a huge match against a monster heel to be able to regain his lost momentum. And the only person I can think of who can provide such a moment at this point is Mark Henry, given how strongly he's been booked the last couple weeks since he returned. That is basically Ryback's only option at this point for a dominating WrestleMania moment.

Sucks they took the title off of Big Show and didn't give Ryback the Rumble win.

PW WrestleMania XI

If they really wanted him to make it big, they could have put him against Lesnar. But of course, Triple H's Revenge is more important.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Whats wrong with the booking? Because he's not undefeated anymore?

I agree he should have a big moment at Mania....but WWE needed to build up the Shield as well.

Anyone who says that Ryback would not benefit from better entrance music is either naive or a new fan that doesnt get it.

Regardless, Ryback is still a monster and one of the top stars in the company. He'll get his "Wrestlemania moment"...but Im just worried they wont fix the number one thing that needs fixing. One of the most important aspects of a sports entertainer.

Hell no! When I hear that music hit, I totally Mark out! I know somebody is about to get their arse kicked by Ryback and that's very exciting.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u532/JeriKane1998/Signatures/8b10bc60-0ea6-4836-ad84-819497402667_zps5d23e921.jpg

Made by me! And I made it too big.

I dig his theme song, and it suits him very well. Plus, it gets the crowd pumped up and hyped because they know someone is about to become Ryback's next meal.

Banner Credit: Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    If they really wanted him to make it big, they could have put him against Lesnar. But of course, Triple H's Revenge is more important.
    Oh, I agree. It should have been Lesnar-Ryback for the World Championship, like I said back before Royal Rumble. That would have made his career in an instant. But whatevs.

And Model ... no, just no. Rock's theme isn't all that great. Austin's theme isn't all that great. Lesnar's theme isn't all that great. Foley's theme isn't all that great. The hook is the most important part of an entrance theme, and Ryback has that in spades with "Feed Me." The rest of the theme is good enough and catchy enough to do its job.

Note: when I say "not all that great," I mean that they aren't good stand-alone songs. They're no Metalingus or Say It To My Face. They're "generic rock instrumental pieces." But they all do their jobs well and nobody would change them.

PW WrestleMania XI

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

"Meat on the Table" is the SHIT. Jam out to that at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Model View Post
    Whats wrong with the booking? Because he's not undefeated anymore?

I agree he should have a big moment at Mania....but WWE needed to build up the Shield as well.

Anyone who says that Ryback would not benefit from better entrance music is either naive or a new fan that doesnt get it.

Regardless, Ryback is still a monster and one of the top stars in the company. He'll get his "Wrestlemania moment"...but Im just worried they wont fix the number one thing that needs fixing. One of the most important aspects of a sports entertainer.
    Or they just disagree with you.

All you have to do is play the opening moments of Rybacks music and everyone knows who it is and starts marking out, that's all you need from entrance music. The fact it sounds decent is just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

I liked his theme a little better before they tweaked it.

Banner Credit: Spike

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I don't think its that great but its not that bad either.

I would prefer something similar to Goldberg's epic theme music.

Goldberg's music was just such a serious motion picture sounding theme that it just put you into a different mind set watching his entrance, like oh shit its really not a game, this guy means business.

And I dissagree with DC about Rock's Lesnar's and Austin's music...those were great distinctive themes that completely fit the characters they were attached to.

I'd prefer those themes to pretty much every theme in the WWE today, mostly because they were made for the characters by Jim Johnston instead of just some random band like most are today.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by The Model View Post
    I've been watching this shit for about eleven years now, I'm pretty damn sure I "get it," and I don't think he needs new entrance music. So try again.

Bender

I actually like Rybacks entrance music alot. It fits him very well and gets me pumped when i hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    And I dissagree with DC about Rock's Lesnar's and Austin's music...those were great distinctive themes that completely fit the characters they were attached to.

I'd prefer those themes to pretty much every theme in the WWE today, mostly because they were made for the characters by Jim Johnston instead of just some random band like most are today.
    I didn't say they were bad themes. They're by no means great music (they're rock instrumentals on a loop), but they are insanely effective entrance themes that get the audience excited. That was my point.

PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

He needs better singlets. The designs on his singlets are a bit dated. I does wear a red one that doesn't look so bad though. I'm not crazy about his music, but I think it works for him.

I don't mind his entrance music. it's original and let's you know exactly who it is, also suits his character very well. I guess it can probably be a little anti-climatic because it doesn't give you that sudden "WOAH!" kinda feeling like HHH/Rock/Cena and the other top stars have. They'll probably change it one day but I don't see a problem with it now.

the only tweaking i would do to Rybacks entrance is bring the lights down and maybe put a spotlight on him to make it feel more epic and the part were he slams his hands together in ring instead of the pyro going off from the stage have it go off from the ring posts or in or around or above the ring.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    It's not "generic crappy music." It's not a great theme, but it's distinctive and lets you know that Ryback is there so they can feed him more.

Besides, it's not like Rock, Stone Cold, or Brock Lesnar's entrance themes are particularly astounding from a musical standpoint.
    Rock and Austin had some of the best music going and suited their characters perfectly, the moment the Glass Shattered on Austin's theme the entire energy level of the show went up 100 times.

I actually like Ryback's theme, it's one of the few things I like about the Ryback character.
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Lethal View Post
    Rock and Austin had some of the best music going and suited their characters perfectly, the moment the Glass Shattered on Austin's theme the entire energy level of the show went up 100 times.
    For the, let's see, third time in this thread ... I'm not saying they're bad themes. I'm saying they're nothing particularly great from the standpoint of music. Each is just as much a "generic rock piece" as Meat On The Table, and yet each is highly effective as a wrestler's entrance theme. (And what you describe is the "hook"--the "glass shatters" or the "If ya smell!" or the "You think you know me?" or the "car crash" or the "Feed me!"--and not the song itself.)

So, for the last time: there is a difference between a great song (Metalingus) and a great wrestling theme (Electrifying). A wrestling theme does not have to be a great song to be a great entrance theme, and a great song doesn't always make a great entrance theme.

Get it? Got it? Good.

PW WrestleMania XI

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

You know....is The Ryback supposed to be some cyborg or just some monster-guy?

The hell is his gimmick?

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

It was supposed to be an unstoppable badass with an endless bloodlust for destruction. Now....some big bald guy who loses.

Thread Information