Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show up!

Banned

Default No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show up!

Henry and Orton hooking up! What I love about Orton is that he lays down for good talent. That's how a top star should be.

Default Re: No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show

I checked in on Smackdown. Henry match. I'll check back in later when something good is happening.

Default Re: No Smackdown! Party?! The World's Strongest Man is in the ring, so you best show

Raw recap next! Yay!

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    I checked in on Smackdown. Henry match. I'll check back in later when something good is happening.
    Ah, come on, Merle. The man is the most convincing beast in the company. But I know you don't like him, so agree to disagree.

Regarding the Henry/Orton match, I think it was a fantastic ending and Henry came off looking strong despite not getting a pin. That's how you book a smoz without stripping a monster of him momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Raw recap next! Yay!
    I could so very much do without the Raw recaps, except on very exceptional circumstances.

HERNY!

DON'T HURT STRIKER....

(well, go ahead, Henry - hurt him, because you do it so well)

That's not enough to stop you, Henry. I think they'll have to call in First Blood Part II John Rambo if they want to stop you.

Layla needs to lose the blonde hair. Badly.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ah, come on, Merle. The man is the most convincing beast in the company. But I know you don't like him, so agree to disagree.
    Fair enough. I've never been a fan of his but alot of that has to do with the "Worlds Strongest Man" schtick (which is not his fault, the E pushed it and the announcers overdo it). It just bothers me because he was hyped to the moon by the U.S. Olympic committee in the 1996 olympics and he Dan and Dave'd it up! Despite failing to medal, he still came into the E billed as The World's Strongest man. That just always bothered me.

I agree that Layla looks better as a brunette.

Fandango! I'm not expecting this gimmick to last long.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Layla needs to lose the blonde hair. Badly.
    Agreed. Doesn't suit her. She is gorgeous as is, and I can't help but be charmed by her. She seems naturally sweet and down to earth, and what a delightful smile she has.

Oddly, I was not a fan of Layla during the Diva Search. Now I absolutely adore that woman.

JBL has never seen that counter before? Didn't Tamina use that recently? Didn't Finlay use it all the time? I still love JBL on commentary though.

Banned

Fair enough. I've never been a fan of his but alot of that has to do with the "Worlds Strongest Man" schtick (which is not his fault, the E pushed it and the announcers overdo it). It just bothers me because he was hyped to the moon by the U.S. Olympic committee in the 1996 olympics and he Dan and Dave'd it up! Despite failing to medal, he still came into the E billed as The World's Strongest man. That just always bothered me.

I agree that Layla looks better as a brunette.

Fandango! I'm not expecting this gimmick to last long.
    Certainly. But the WWE, as you eluded to, has a tendency to embellish. However, prior to the Olympics bust, Henry was legitimately one of the strongest men in the world. Didn't he win some major powerlifting events? I know he got inducted into the first class of Swarchenegger's Hall of Fame. I remember watching a Nightline segment dedicated to Henry back when he was hyped for the Olympics.

What on earth are you talking about? He has a legitimate claim to the name - he was being called the WSM before he even came to WWE. Just look at all the records he still holds (the two highest raw powerlifting scores of all time etc.) And the reason he didn't medal at the Atlanta Olympics was because he got injured.

Banned

Oddly, I was not a fan of Layla during the Diva Search. Now I absolutely adore that woman.

JBL has never seen that counter before? Didn't Tamina use that recently? Didn't Finlay use it all the time? I still love JBL on commentary though.
    He was simply brilliant during Del Rio's championship victory over show. That's a perfect example of how a commentator can elevate a great moment into a legendary one.

Oh, Henry is a beast and obviously a very powerful man but the whole story of how he was a bust in the olympics left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a long story but it boils down to the fact that he wouldn't train with the olympic trainers, did his own thing and came into the olympics weaker than he was in trials. I know, I should let it go. But for some reason I know the horse is dead but I keep beat..... let me rephrase that.... I continue to club it.

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? He has a legitimate claim to the name - he was being called the WSM before he even came to WWE. Just look at all the records he still holds (the two highest raw powerlifting scores of all time etc.) And the reason he didn't medal at the Atlanta Olympics was because he got injured.
    He screwed himself in 1996. Maybe he got hurt in 1992, but 1996 was on him. And a lot of his powerlifting championships were in their infancy and not pulling in the top talent in the world when he won them, like Schwareneggers.

Banned

Man, I love seeing Rock on SMACKdoowwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!

And I love when he gives a tough, to the point promo.

Oh, Henry is a beast and obviously a very powerful man but the whole story of how he was a bust in the olympics left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a long story but it boils down to the fact that he wouldn't train with the olympic trainers, did his own thing and came into the olympics weaker than he was in trials. I know, I should let it go. But for some reason I know the horse is dead but I keep beat..... let me rephrase that.... I continue to club it.
    Though I'm obviously a Henry fan, I truly think you should because I strongly feel that his beastly run toward and with the WHC is one of the best stories wrestling has produced in several years.

In my opinion that was a great promo by Rock.

Banned

In my opinion that was a great promo by Rock.
    I enjoy much of Rock stuff, but I will definitely agree that his more serious stuff is always welcome. He certainly plays that role/attitude well, as his performance in Fast Five demonstrated.

Banned

I love Josh Matthew saying, "This is awesome," when describing Clay, Tensai and the Funkadactyls dancing. When he said that, I thought "What?!" But I am definitely digging this Clay/Tensai pairing. Natural Disasters 2.0?

I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious films but I agree about Rock's serious stuff being better than his goofy stuff. Not that the goofy stuff isn't/can't be good. But Angry Rock is my favorite.

I love Cameron and Naomi but to me, they are no Tracy and Nadine.

I think that pairing him with Clay is the best thing the E could have done with Tensai at this point. Bonus, it adds depth to the tag division.

Banned

I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious films but I agree about Rock's serious stuff being better than his goofy stuff. Not that the goofy stuff isn't/can't be good. But Angry Rock is my favorite.

I love Cameron and Naomi but to me, they are no Tracy and Nadine.
    My man, Naomi's posterior is something to be revered, admired, and were I not a God-fearing man I would say worshiped. It is a work of divine artistry.

Banned

Ah come on! What injustice did Brodus and Tensai commit?!

Mercury, I do not disagree. Maybe its just horny nostalgia but the Funkettes were awesome... as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ah come on! What injustice did Brodus and Tensai commit?!

Did you see that dancing?

That dancing is awesome. Brodus' T-Rex claw move has become my wedding dancefloor staple! Better move than anything Fan-Dang-O has!

I just noticed the Av Krimzon. Who's dancing are you criticizing!

Banned

Mercury, I do not disagree. Maybe its just horny nostalgia but the Funkettes were awesome... as well.
    A delicious duo - without question.

Banned

Well... Miz is getting a bit better with the Figure Four. But he still needs a bit more finesse in the application.

Thread Information