Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cm punk a hurting

Question cm punk a hurting

credit pwinsider

There is definitely a concern with WWE that CM Punk is beat up and more hurt than he's letting on. WWE officials will likely keep him protected as much as possible between now and WrestleMania 29.

Default Re: cm punk a hurting

Not really sure how it can be worse than he is "letting on" when he said to Ariel Helwani before the Rumble that he was beat up real bad and was basically hanging on because it was Mania season and he had no choice.

He should take a few pain pills and he'd be fine.

Shawn Michaels was more beat up and made it all the way to WM 14. As for his match he should wrestle Taker and lose to him. That will be a logical way to write him off television for about a month.

Well, I imagine that's what happens when you hold the WWE Title for that long and have grueling matches such as he had over the course of it. Not to mention he hasn't really had a legitimate break from WWE since he started, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Well, I imagine that's what happens when you hold the WWE Title for that long and have grueling matches such as he had over the course of it. Not to mention he hasn't really had a legitimate break from WWE since he started, I believe.
    He had a wrestling break when he was commentating. But he deserves to take some time off. They should write him off for 4-6 weeks after his WM match -- possibly with a huge spot.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    He had a wrestling break when he was commentating. But he deserves to take some time off. They should write him off for 4-6 weeks after his WM match -- possibly with a huge spot.
    Yeah, what was that, 2 months on commentary while recovering from his glute/hamstring injury?

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Banned

I think for the time being he should not wrestle on house shows. And He should only have a couple off light matches on raw. Because he's gonna need a lot off rest if he's going too face The Deadman.

Banned

Dirtsheets say this about everyone though.

Taker's been on the verge of death for a decade if you believe what you read on those webshites.

I'd rest CM Punk as much as possible if this is true. I really want to see Punk have the best match he possibly can at 'mania and not be hampered by any form of injury. After Wrestlemania i'd give him some time off - he's earned it.

It'll be tough to give CM Punk time off from WWE's perspective. Likely after WrestleMania is over we wont see Undertaker, HHH, a lot less Rock and Brock. Cena deserves some time off as well, he's beat up with injuries. Maybe its time for Ryback.

Banner Credit: Spike

Banned

Taking time off would be great for Punk as a character on-screen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    It'll be tough to give CM Punk time off from WWE's perspective. Likely after WrestleMania is over we wont see Undertaker, HHH, a lot less Rock and Brock. Cena deserves some time off as well, he's beat up with injuries. Maybe its time for Ryback.
    There's no reason why Brock couldn't stick around for a bit after Wrestlemania. Guess it depends on his contract and stuff though. But yeah I agree with the Ryback comment. He, Ziggler and a few of the other guys that are pushing will probably get to be the focal points of the show for awhile. That is assuming that Punk (and maybe Cena but that would be unlikely) does take time off and the others do disappear for awhile.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

John Cena: Cry me a river, Straight Edge.

I know after how Cena has been rushed back twice in different years with this company he has set the bar high for others.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    Maybe its time for Ryback.
    Intresting comment Jack? I think it's about time guys like Ryback shield and Ziggler got there spotlight. Though as others have said its extremely unlikely that Cena will take time off. So I guesse we will be seeing Cena vs Johnny Ace 2 at Over The Limit

If he beats Taker at Mania (as he should, from a business perspective), he could afford to take six months off wrestling riding on the heat of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable Impaled View Post
    If he beats Taker at Mania (as he should, from a business perspective), he could afford to take six months off wrestling riding on the heat of that.
    Ok, well firstly; he wouldn't beat 'taker. It just won't happen, especially not for Punk. But IF for some strange reason he did win why would they have him take 6 months off after that? They'd need him to ride the momentum, not have him disappear for 6 months.

Oh, he wouldn't disappear. He'd spend six months talking incessantly about it, and how his talk of being the best in the world was utterly vindicated.

I know they won't put him over Taker. But we spent years talking about that hypothetical guy who had somehow proven he was worthy of it while still being able to properly utilize the rub, and now we have that guy.

Two issues immediately come to mind with that idea: they'll be pissing money down the drain not doing 'Taker/Cena at some point, and Punk is retiring in the next few years anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sable Impaled View Post
    Oh, he wouldn't disappear. He'd spend six months talking incessantly about it, and how his talk of being the best in the world was utterly vindicated.

I know they won't put him over Taker. But we spent years talking about that hypothetical guy who had somehow proven he was worthy of it while still being able to properly utilize the rub, and now we have that guy.
    Know one should beat taker at mania. At this time while the streak is bigger than life. It would not make any sense for someone too end it.
    And if someone was destined too beat the deadman. It should be the new face off the company. AKA another John Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by spear View Post
    Know one should beat taker at mania. At this time while the streak is bigger than life. It would not make any sense for someone too end it.
    And if someone was destined too beat the deadman. It should be the new face off the company. AKA another John Cena.
    For one, it's pro wrestling. There is no championship, title, or streak that doesn't exist solely to be toppled. That's how it is. It does nothing for business or storytelling for the Undertaker to retire undefeated.

Secondly, Punk IS the other John Cena. If Cena got hit by a bus tomorrow, he's the only guy currently employed who could carry the entire company on his back the same way.

Or you know, the current John Cena. Aka. John Cena

Thanks Heteroflexible

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David*Dream* View Post
    Or you know, the current John Cena. Aka. John Cena
    Too your post sable. Yeah Punk could have the company on his back for a couple off months. But I believe while doing that he would be getting the new top guy over in the process.
    And David. Cena has done it all. He does not need the streak.

Cena has done it all.
    Except end the streak.

Thread Information