Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **POTENTIAL SPOILERS** Regarding SummerSlam

Default **POTENTIAL SPOILERS** Regarding SummerSlam

According to F4Wonline.com (via WrestlingInc.com), “There is talk of using both Brock Lesnar and The Rock at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view. WWE really wants the Hollywood community to be part of SummerSlam's festivities and both stars would help make it seem like a bigger event.”
    Summerslam seems more ideal than WM 29 would. The Hollywood attention would be accomplished with this potential main event. It's also a great way to build the match considering it's a rematch 11 years in the making. I thought their match in 2002 had one of the best atmospheres ever for a wrestling match. The last 5 minutes of the match might rank as one of the best ever if we were going to rate matches based on the "go home" ending.

Default Re: Do you want to see Rock/Brock II?

Jesus Christ.

Just put spoiler in the title, how hard is it to understand?

Default Re: **POTENTIAL SPOILERS** Regarding SummerSlam

Is that really a big "spoiler" though? SummerSlam is so far away. It doesn't say anything about a match or what they'll be doing, it's just a rumor that Rock and Brock might appear. I understand it's a rule but I just don't think it's a big deal in this specific case.

surrender

It's a spoiler. This was clearly implicated when I made the announcement. Anything pertaining to the future of the product is a spoiler. You don't like the rule, fine. You and everybody else still have to abide by it.

I'm not a big fan of dirt sheet rumours having to be put in spoiler tags either tbh...but it's a rule so we should be doing it by now.

As far as Rock vs Brock at Summerslam, I would be on board. They had a great match in the past at Summerslam and it would give the PPV a big show feel. Rock drops the title to Cena at Mania, while Brock loses to Triple H. Both go away for a few months and come back to start a feud with each other. I think it would be entertaining.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Rock vs. Brock II was also rumored last year to be happening at WM this year and I actually think the 11 years in the making fit New Jersey better.

It works for SummerSlam in LA too though. Will it be a title match because it is obviously going to overshadow the champion's match. Unless.....
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Awesome a Brock Vs Rock fued/match will be massive.
    Two off the biggest names in buisness going head too head.
    And yes it would bring in a whole lot off interest.

Are you guys reading the same spoiler that I read? Where does it say anything about Brock vs. Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by thalbleib View Post
    Are you guys reading the same spoiler that I read? Where does it say anything about Brock vs. Rock?
    It's implied.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Word is that the WWE is already planning for this year's SummerSlam event. The show is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles again and WWE is looking to possible book a Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock match for the show.
    There's your vs. That was posted about a week ago. I thought somebody would have made a thread about this by now.

Anyway, I love it obviously. Two part timers in a feud makes much more sense than a part timer and a full timer. They can schedule they dates together. Plus who doesn't want them to feud again? The first match was awesome. However the buildup won't be so great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss HHH View Post
    I'm not a big fan of dirt sheet rumours having to be put in spoiler tags either tbh...but it's a rule so we should be doing it by now.

As far as Rock vs Brock at Summerslam, I would be on board. They had a great match in the past at Summerslam and it would give the PPV a big show feel. Rock drops the title to Cena at Mania, while Brock loses to Triple H. Both go away for a few months and come back to start a feud with each other. I think it would be entertaining.
    I sorta agree but from now on I will put spoilers on any news I receive.

I'm not a huge Rock fan, however I've always felt that Brock owed a victory to Rock. It would have been bad booking to have Rock get a rematch on Brock months after SS 2002 and win. That wouldn't have served anything other than ego. But Rock doesn't have an ego when it comes to wins and defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    It's implied.
    In the report in the original post, no it's not.

surrender

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Wrestlemania would've been a much bigger and better setting for this match and Rock as champion again would have made this an all time blockbuster.

I'm still holding out hope tha Cena will foresake his title match and go after the streak leaving Rock and Brock to fight on the title...but we all know it won't happen.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Banned

Default Re: Do you want to see Rock/Brock II?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Just put spoiler in the title, how hard is it to understand?
    How can dirt sheet reports be considered spoilers?

Banned

What do you think spoilers are?

Let's stick to the topic. I know it's not the most popular rule but we as a mod team feel that the very, very small task of putting 'spoiler' in a thread title is worth it for the enjoyment of WWE fans that watch the product organically and without spoilers. Not everyone has to like the rule, but as I said previously, everyone must abide by it.

Apologies to Justin if I flew a little off the handle, there were a fair few spoiler fuck-ups within a very short time, and you just felt my frustration a little. We do remain frustrated though, about the possibility of having to hand out sanctions (which we really don't want to do). We were hoping there would be no need for it and that as a community we would abide by this, quite frankly, very simple rule.

This past weekend, WWE officials discussed doing Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Kane and The Undertaker at August’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. If Taker doesn’t want to do the match, then it will likely be The Shield vs. Randy Orton and Sheamus.

Other matches being discussed for SummerSlam include John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Title, Big E Langston vs. either Big Show or Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Ambrose, if Rey is able to perform then.

Orton vs. Ryback and Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger also have been discussed for this summer.

(Source: F4Wonline.com)

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-new...#ixzz2W0ctzkZ3

I'd be more pumped for BoD vs. The Shield than Orton/Sheamus vs. The Shield. No one wants to see that.

Big E vs. Mark henry would be better but only if Mark can be the babyface. Big E needs another year of development before he turns face and breaks away from ZigLeE. Mark's better than Show because he and Big e have the weightlifting thing in common.

This'd be my card as of today:

Spoiler

Banned

I prey too god The Undertaker returns too take on the Shield. Because I have no interest what so ever in two off the most boring faces on the roster facing the shield.
    I don't even know why there suggesting that sheamus and randy should face The Shield. Damn when they are on there own they are boring. But when they team up there incredibly more boring. They are so stale it's un real.

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

This past weekend, WWE officials discussed doing Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Kane and The Undertaker at August’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. If Taker doesn’t want to do the match, then it will likely be The Shield vs. Randy Orton and Sheamus.
    Yeah, because that second match totally holds near the same appeal as the first one...

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Yeah, because that second match totally holds near the same appeal as the first one...
    The latter option also implies that

Spoiler
    - Credit: Bender -

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Spoiler

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Spoiler
    . If the fans were like the crowd at the post wrestlemania raw then am sure they would have turned him already.

They haven't turned him because they've got a babyface shortage and next to Cena, he's the most over guy (Bryan's getting there but he's not there yet).

A Summerslam card that went something like;

Cena vs. Bryan for the WWE Title
    BOD vs 2 members of the Shield
    Rock vs. Brock

Would be quite interesting to me. Although what would Rock and Brock do at Wrestlemania 30 then?

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar

Wait...

when did ZigLeE become a thing?

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
    Wait...

when did ZigLeE become a thing?
    It hasn't...yet. I just came up with it since I didn't feel like writing out all three of their names.

Thread Information