Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next tag champions?

Default Who should be the next tag champions?

Before I think nearly everyone woulda said Team Rhodes Scholars, for me I want Team Car stereo...but now that TRS is no longer a tag team who would you want?
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Who should be the next tag champions?

The PTPs obviously, but it would have helped if they hadn't been jobbed to kingdom come so far this year...

The biggest issue I have with PTP is that Titus O'Neil is so much better Darren Young. Young is absolutely terrible IMO and should be nowhere near any gold. Titus is a breakout star waiting to happen, and he doesn't have age on his side. They need to do it now.

I have no idea who should be tag champions. I don't agree with breaking up Rhodes Scholars a couple of months before WrestleMania. They're not going to do anything meaningful until after WrestleMania so what's the point? It leaves the tag division looking bare and accomplishes nothing of note in any singles angles. Poor decision.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I'll give you a hint.

Are they doing a MITB at mania this year? I know they were talking about it for mania 28 which I think Wade was gonna win but he got injured so the idea was scrapped and replaced by Team Teddy vs Team Johnny if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    The biggest issue I have with PTP is that Titus O'Neil is so much better Darren Young. Young is absolutely terrible IMO and should be nowhere near any gold. Titus is a breakout star waiting to happen, and he doesn't have age on his side. They need to do it now.

I have no idea who should be tag champions. I don't agree with breaking up Rhodes Scholars a couple of months before WrestleMania. They're not going to do anything meaningful until after WrestleMania so what's the point? It leaves the tag division looking bare and accomplishes nothing of note in any singles angles. Poor decision.
    Titus is obviously the more charismatic of the too but I don't think Darren's as bad as people make out. He's done some funny stuff in his own right too, but those have unfortunately been on some of the less viewed shows, while he has had some shockers in high profile situations like the commentary on Raw when Titus stole the show. Darren's definitely better in the ring though, he's a good clean, crisp worker.

The concept of Titus getting a singles push makes me sad, not because he doesn't deserve it, but just the fact that he can still be heaps of fun in the tag division!

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriofan View Post
    Are they doing a MITB at mania this year? I know they were talking about it for mania 28 which I think Wade was gonna win but he got injured so the idea was scrapped and replaced by Team Teddy vs Team Johnny if I remember correctly
    ....it's a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    Titus is obviously the more charismatic of the too but I don't think Darren's as bad as people make out. He's done some funny stuff in his own right too, but those have unfortunately been on some of the less viewed shows, while he has had some shockers in high profile situations like the commentary on Raw when Titus stole the show. Darren's definitely better in the ring though, he's a good clean, crisp worker.
    I think he's a charisma vacuum, and a very, very mediocre worker. He's a good athlete and it's a good basis to improve upon, so I wouldn't fire him or anything like that, but right now, he is holding Titus back.

The concept of Titus getting a singles push makes me sad, not because he doesn't deserve it, but just the fact that he can still be heaps of fun in the tag division!
    If he had a tag partner on his level and age on his side then I'd agree. But carrying Darren Young on his back at 35 years of age is a waste of a guy that could become a big deal.

A agree that TRS shouldn't have been broken up this side of Mania. There's definitely loads of upside to them being singles competitors but now they are just going to be filler up until more emphasis can be given to them after Mania.

If they were still teaming, it's pretty likely they'd have been featured on the Mania card and have direction leading up to it.

As far as the next champions, ill agree with the majority and say PTP. They're a good solid tag team who are usually able to add a bit of fun into their matches. Titus definitely has the most potential out of the two, not sure i could personally see him as a true breakout star though.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Rhodes Scholars were on a limited shelf life as a tag team if they didn't win the tag titles. They got pushed into the tag title shot off the bat and lost about 4 matches to Hell No. During one of them Cody got injured and Damien turned into a great singles wrestler. I mean Rhodes is a good hand, I don't see him doing much more than IC title and maybe a gold watch World Title reign like Christian in July but Damien could be one of the next big stars for WWE on the heel side if he isn't screwed up. Maybe I am asking too much there.

I am thinking Cara and Mysterio will be the team to win the tag titles. I REALLY want it to be the PrimeTimes but they need drastic rebuilding as they being used for cannon fodder to the Funkasaurus and the Hip Hop Hippo. The PrimeTimes are a funny and cocky heel team that I would have built into a tag team to beat Kofi and Truth back in the summer with or without AW.

Yeah, at the moment it seems like Cara and Mysterio are the next big time tag team and I'd love to see them have a run with the tag titles...after their match at mania 29 of course

Give it to the Shield under the Freebird Rule.

If shield won it...I wouldn't be surprised...and then Nick Fury does a run in

I think Tensai and Clay would be good as Tag Champs. True, they won't be entertaining as Hell No, but I think they would do pretty well. At least as transition champions anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

It would be better if Tensi and Clay were a serious monster team like The Natural Disasters.

But as long as they're just the dancing idiots, I doub they'll win anything.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

I agree. Man, the Natural Disasters. Ahh the memories.
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

I don't want Tensai and Clay as champions simply because I don't like Clays stupid gimmick and same goes to Tensai. I'd much rather see PTP or Mysterio and Sin Cara win the belts.

They should pair The Miz back up with Alex Riley. Riley deserves a push, and if they aren't going to put Miz in the main event, then he would be perfect for the tag division.

I honestly think the Shield under the freebird rule is the best option. They're over as a heel stable. It would matter. They can be chased by just about any babyface team and have the crowd behind them. And in the long run it would help all three guys, as it gives them the credentials in kayfabe to back up the badass-ery that they embody.

And do it at Mania. Do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I personally think you guys are overlooking one big team that has been doing great as of late and truly deserve the tag title straps , I'm talking about Jimmy and Jay Uso. Now those guys can bring more to the tag team scene than the PTP.
    Don't get me wrong PTP are great but if you want a hard hitting SOB team to get those titles off Hell No then the Uso's could shake up that division and take those titles away.

Dr. of Green Thumbanomics theshape31's Avatar

We've got Rey/Sin Cara, Clay/Tensai, and The Shield. I smell a 4-way dance at Wrestlemania. And since The Shield will have a third man outside the match for interference, I'd say we have a favorite there. Could be a fun match, and it'll be a good way of getting more wrestlers on the card.

I say Tensi and Clay just for more comedy.

Thank you HAYZE!

Tensai and Clay will probably win it for the 'comedy' and I use that term loosely. It'd be a shame, and a step backwards, because Bryan and Kane really were bringing the tag team division back to a respectable level. Giving it to Clay and Tensai would just be a disappointment I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by theshape31 View Post
    We've got Rey/Sin Cara, Clay/Tensai, and The Shield. I smell a 4-way dance at Wrestlemania. And since The Shield will have a third man outside the match for interference, I'd say we have a favorite there. Could be a fun match, and it'll be a good way of getting more wrestlers on the card.
    Pfft. The Monsters of Funk have the Funkadactyls. No contest there. :P

But seriously, if the Natural Disasters can do it, so can they. When it comes down to it, both Tensai and Brodus can be pretty brutal. And if they are pushed as a true monster tag team, I think they could do a lot of good for the tag division.

Dr. of Green Thumbanomics theshape31's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    When it comes down to it, both Tensai and Brodus can be pretty coordinated. I think they could do a lot of good dancing for the tag division.
    There, fixed.

Thread Information