Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Hogan Vs Austin to late?

Default Is Hogan Vs Austin to late?

I know we will NEVER EVER see this match but do you think it would be to late for a Street Fight type match? Almost like "The Hollywood Back lot Brawl". I think if they both come out around RR next year and cut Promos on each other for 2 months this Match/Fight could gain some interest at WM 30. I just dont want to watch them embarrass themselves in a actual match. Having them brawl in the parking lot and stumble into ring (1 of the bloodied) and Then Austin hitting a Stunner and pooring a beer over Hogan unconscious body with the Rattlesnake theme playing would really work. Am i totally crazy for thinking this?

Default Re: Is Hogan Vs Austin to late?

Yes, it's too late, and yes, we'll never ever see it.

Yea I think it's about 10 years too late. Both are so banged up from the business between Austins neck and Hogans everything I don't think either one of them could do a whole lot physically.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

All i am asking for is a brawl and a stunner

We're not getting even that.

Some things just aren't ever going to happen.

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

What in the actual fuck is this?

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Banned

I swear at times PW is like a time warp.

Let it go, people. Let it go.

Hogan vs. Austin in 2014?

The latest I think this match could have happened with actually giving the match its proper historical perspective was WM 25 and even then I don't know. WM XX would have really been the last time to do that match properly from all sides of the coin at MSG as an end to the first 2 decades of Mania that saw Hogan and Austin dominant the company.

We are almost at levels right now where some want Cena to pass the torch. A whole generation has passed for this.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

Absolutely yes. It is faaarrrr too late.

Banned

How about a brawl during their next AARP meeting...

In all seriousness, it's far too late for this. It would be two old guys fighting because of how popular they were over 15 years ago (or in Hogan's case, almost 30 years ago.) You might as well seriously ask Tyson and Ali to have a boxing match after all. And having it be a back lot brawl would be the absolutely wrong way to book this encounter.

And I've never been more grateful.

Austin could still have a decent match with the right opponent. He's mentioned in recent interviews that his body is in much better shape these days and that he could have another match if necessary.

Hogan, however, is not the right opponent. The man should quite frankly never step into a ring competitively again, and if he must then it should be some kind of tag match where he comes in, delivers a few punches/kicks and then tags back out. He's way too old and beat up to be taken seriously in the ring any more.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

The latest this should've happened was around the time Hogan called out the rattle snake live on Monday Night Raw (I wanna say back in 06?) We're about 7 yrs too late past the final opportunity these guys could've had.

Our last chance to see it was Wrestlemania XIX, after that it was pretty clear that neither man could wrestle a truly competitive match again.

Banned

Alright, lets look at this situation. Hulk Hogan, working with TNA, left WWE sometime ago. And Austin, the almost 50 year old, had knee surgery, has bad knees and a bad neck. Has missed two big RAW events that recently took place. Putting this all together, I don't think so.

Banned

Hell no? this will never happen. And yes your crazy for thinking it will.
    Hogan is way too banged up.
    And Austin would not wrestle unless it's a 5 star match.
    Let's just hope we see Austin vs Punk at wrestlemania 30. That's the match we want too see.

I dunno. According to Big Show, nothing is ever too late. Hogan could still show up to Mania this year and battle the Ultimate Warrior. Not likely and bordering on impossible, but never say never in the WWE when Vince is in charge. lol. Remember it wasn't too long ago it was impossible for Bret Hart to ever sign with WWE again and people would get e-raped just for asking. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Is it too late? That depends on what you are looking for. If you are hoping for the best match the two could have gotten from each other then yes it is too late. But if you are more into the build up and will be happy with a payoff of chokes, chair shots and blood then it's never too late. WWE can promote anything and get it's marks to accept anything. Old school fans who understand what they will ultimately get out of it and just want to go along for the nostalgia ride will also enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by bret hart mark View Post
    All i am asking for is a brawl and a stunner
    I doubt we'd get that. Probably not a big boot and legdrop either.

HOWEVER we might get this...

Austin goes for the pin but HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN kicks out. Austin punches away but there is no effect. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN starts to HULK UP and points his finger at Austin as the crowd yells "YOUUUUUUUUU!"

Austin is shocked. Not knowing what else to do he flips HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN the bird and the crowd yells, "F*** YOUUUUU!"

After that who cares what happens? That tiny bit of crowd interaction would steal the show and make the match worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by bret hart mark View Post
    I know we will NEVER EVER see this match...
    Glad that's cleared up.

Who's up for pancakes?
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    I doubt we'd get that. Probably not a big boot and legdrop either.

HOWEVER we might get this...

Austin goes for the pin but HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN kicks out. Austin punches away but there is no effect. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN starts to HULK UP and points his finger at Austin as the crowd yells "YOUUUUUUUUU!"

Austin is shocked. Not knowing what else to do he flips HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN the bird and the crowd yells, "F*** YOUUUUU!"

After that who cares what happens? That tiny bit of crowd interaction would steal the show and make the match worth watching!
    No, we're not getting that. We're not getting anything, because this match is never happening. It's time to accept that and move on.

It's seriously kinda scary how wrestling fans absolutely refuse to accept reality.

But wrestling fans can always accept....

Pancakes!
    The IWC will never be happy unless Daniel Bryan wins both world titles, makes Batista tap out and makes HHH look like a total bitch in the process.
    Consider me a satisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    No, we're not getting that. We're not getting anything, because this match is never happening. It's time to accept that and move on.

It's seriously kinda scary how wrestling fans absolutely refuse to accept reality.
    "Accept reality"? And you said that in the same sentence with "Pro Wrestling". Surely you have crapped your pants after realizing the stupidity of such a remark.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    "Accept reality"? And you said that in the same sentence with "Pro Wrestling". Surely you have crapped your pants after realizing the stupidity of such a remark.
    Not sure what point you're trying to make here. Just because wrestling is fake doesn't mean that some aspects of it aren't fucking obvious.

The PW World Champion Mr. Victorino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Glad that's cleared up.

Who's up for pancakes?
    ME !!! Especially since IHOP is going to have that free pancake day soon...or did I miss it again ? DAMN IT !!!

Haters call Bryan Danielson a goat face huh ? In that case we fans say G.O.A.T. = Greatest Of All Time !!!!!

Thread Information