Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

  1. #1
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    32,205

    Default Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    2. Tensai defeated Alex Riley. Tensai won twice. Vickie Guerrero came out and said the match would be a dance-off. Riley told Tensai to go first and then attacked him from behind. Tensai then told riley to face him...face to face. Tensai worked a looser style and was more comedic and played to the crowd and everyone enjoyed it. He beat riley with a running senton. Riley got on the mic, calling himself a "rare breed," and told the ref (Charles Robinson) that 'in the wwe rulebook, page 54, paragraph 6, line 5, it clearly states that if a competitor has a rock in their shoe the match has to be restarted.' Tensai proceeded to clothesline Riley and hit another running senton to the cheers of the crowd.

    I am down for this.....I think he'd pull that smarty pants type of heel. Cena might have a say on how far this goes though....

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  2. #2
    It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,544

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Good God, Blindy. Where do your tastes in wrestling come from? Riley is honestly the worst wrestler I've ever seen minus Khali. He botches everything. He's horrible.

    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

  3. #3
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    32,205

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer of Punk View Post
    Good God, Blindy. Where do your tastes in wrestling come from? Riley is honestly the worst wrestler I've ever seen minus Khali. He botches everything. He's horrible.
    His dad played for the NY Jets, so he won me over there

    He was awful during his face run though but he might have gotten better.....it happens.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  4. #4
    WWE don't hate Ambrose Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,340

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Riley was only good when paired with Miz, the second they took them apart, Riley was truly exposed. This new gimmick might result in a month long push then he'll be back where he's been for ages now, his rightful spot on the card.

    Though he does have sweet entrance music.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

    The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

  5. #5

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Wrestling skills can be learned with time and matches Riley got a good charisma but he needs to be the bad guy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzmSQ49oWk
    The Master Builder - Jakob22, Presents - My Sins -

  6. #6
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,494

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    I heard he actually became solid since they stopped showing him on the Main Shows. I haven't watched Superstars or NXT in ages, though, so I can't say for myself. But I heard he's actually decent now. Plus, the guy has charisma and can work the stick. So long as he doesn't drop anybody on their head, he should be fine and deserves a push.

    A heel repackaging sounds good to me. And quoting the rulebook? That's awesome.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  7. #7
    Baseball is Life. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,410

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Wait so everyone hates this guy too? Dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  8. #8
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,494

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Wait so everyone hates this guy too? Dammit.
    Not me! I've always liked Riley. I thought he had potential as an on-screen character, even if he had ways to go in the ring. And, frankly, I didn't mind so much that he sucked in the ring. Plus, his theme song is boss.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  9. #9
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    32,205

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I heard he actually became solid since they stopped showing him on the Main Shows. I haven't watched Superstars or NXT in ages, though, so I can't say for myself. But I heard he's actually decent now. Plus, the guy has charisma and can work the stick. So long as he doesn't drop anybody on their head, he should be fine and deserves a push.

    A heel repackaging sounds good to me. And quoting the rulebook? That's awesome.
    The ladies love him too...can't underestimate the pull from the ladies.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  10. #10
    Baseball is Life. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,410

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Not me! I've always liked Riley. I thought he had potential as an on-screen character, even if he had ways to go in the ring. And, frankly, I didn't mind so much that he sucked in the ring. Plus, his theme song is boss.
    I always thought there was some potential there.

    And then he didn't exist anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  11. #11
    WWE don't hate Ambrose Oncall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,340

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    There were a few weeks that he got huge reactions and everyone was touting him as the next big star, at least that's how I remember it. Then Miz mercifully got away from Riley and after a nothing feud with Ziggler IIRC, he was gone.

    I've just never seen anything in him, nothing except his theme.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncall's brain
    There is no conspiracy, WWE isn't burying Ambrose
    Episode 5 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest BigRed

    The countdown has begun, see where your favourite season landed

  12. #12
    Is A Movie Star Damnit. Blindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York
    Age
    25
    Posts
    32,205

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I always thought there was some potential there.

    And then he didn't exist anymore.


    u cant c me.

    - Justin Valuable

    Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

  13. #13
    The Devil's Eyes BigRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Haddonfield
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,963

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Not me! I've always liked Riley. I thought he had potential as an on-screen character, even if he had ways to go in the ring. And, frankly, I didn't mind so much that he sucked in the ring. Plus, his theme song is boss.
    Echoed.

    He has a good look. He wouldn't be my first guy to get a major push or anything, but I wouldn't mind it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member wtfisthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    He's still with the WWE?

  15. #15
    Senior Member MKPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    917

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Riley is a VERY good heel. I think he is better at being heel than face. Had he did not have the stinker with Dolph and get hurt, he might have had a decent run as a face. I knew this from a dark match with Jimmy Wang Yang a year before his NXT run.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,164

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by InsomniaMusic View Post
    Wrestling skills can be learned with time and matches Riley got a good charisma but he needs to be the bad guy
    Tell that to the Miz

    Thanks To Hayze

  17. #17
    @JCollinson91 Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sunderland
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,966

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Blindy, we are not drafting Riley.
    - Credit: Bender -

    PWMania - He Returns

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    can't underestimate the pull from the ladies.
    That kind of talk leads to wrestler divorces, homewrecker.

    Riley? Umm... I'll pass. Thanks for offering though.

  19. #19
    King Of The 90's JeriKane1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    JeriTown (KaneCity)
    Posts
    316

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    I loved when Riley split from Miz back in 2011. I thought he had the potential to be as big a star as Cena. But we all see how that went. Either way, I'd like to see Riley on TV more, so if he has to turn heel for it, that's cool.


    http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u532/JeriKane1998/Signatures/8b10bc60-0ea6-4836-ad84-819497402667_zps5d23e921.jpg

    Made by me! And I made it too big.

  20. #20
    Big Pimpin' Big Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,118

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Prior to his injury, he was still receiving surprisingly good reactions from the crowd.

    May not be a natural in the ring but worth persisting with.

  21. #21
    I AM THE TABLE!!! Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    13,464

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    For whatever reason, Alex Riley was getting a reaction post-Miz.

    And they killed him. Sure, he wasn't very good in the ring, but John Cena wasn't very good, either. He's gotten better and done alright for himself, I'd say.

    Gets a reaction, check. The ladies dig him, check. Room to improve and willing to do so (being in developmental for as long as he was, you clearly WANT to improve), check.

    He HAS the potential. It's just up to WWE to stop trying to spite him and themselves.
    Spoiler

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    For whatever reason, Alex Riley was getting a reaction post-Miz.

    And they killed him. Sure, he wasn't very good in the ring, but John Cena wasn't very good, either. He's gotten better and done alright for himself, I'd say.

    Gets a reaction, check. The ladies dig him, check. Room to improve and willing to do so (being in developmental for as long as he was, you clearly WANT to improve), check.

    He HAS the potential. It's just up to WWE to stop trying to spite him and themselves.
    The counterpoint that Benson gave me to this way back when was that he started generating weak reactions against Ziggler.

  23. #23
    I AM THE TABLE!!! Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    192.168.1.100
    Posts
    13,464

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Ziggler is a black hole of heat. The black hole swirling around is generated from all of his flipping and flopping around.
    Spoiler

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Ziggler is a black hole of heat. The black hole swirling around is generated from all of his flipping and flopping around.
    How dare you say that about the future of this industry! Shock! Awe! Outrage!

  25. #25
    COYG Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,171

    Default Re: Say It To My Face? A-Ri Possible Repackage?

    I don't see anything positive in him at all. His 'charisma' is him just trying really hard to engage the crowd, which is admirable, but it isn't natural. As far as skills goes, he sucks. He absolutely sucks. The comparison to Cena is not valid. Cena had a nice match against Kurt Angle on his first day.

    Riley is pants.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •