Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding summer angle

Default *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding summer angle

- Word is that one of the bigger feuds this coming summer and fall will be Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, which could suggest that Brock is turning babyface eventually.

Source: F4Wonline.com
    Though I'm not a huge fan of Brock, I must admit I wouldn't mind seeing this feud, especially if it helps get Punk more over. I just hope Brack doesn't end up with the WWE title. Otherwise we might see less of than we do with Rock as champ. lol. Though to be honest, I'd rather have Punk as the face in that feud. Yes, Punk is the better heel and better as a heel, but Brock never made a good face IMO and is much better off as a heel. Though either way, I think it would be a good feud and think they would have some great matches. What yall think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Default Re: Punk vs Brock?

Brock shouldn't be a face.

Punk is at his best as a heel. I can deal with a brief face run for this match though.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Default Re: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding summer angle

Guys, can we please please please just put spoiler in the title.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

That's...interesting. I don't know, seems kind of surreal. Brock a 'good guy'? In the current era? Not quite sure if I can see that happening.

Of course, it would be fun to see Brock 'destroy' him. It would be an excellent excuse to change Punk's (IMO) stale character a bit. I've grown tiresome of the Frustrated Super-Geek he's portrayed on and off since 2011.
    Last edited by UltimateSavior; 02-07-2013 at 03:34 PM.

I really wish I didn't read this thread. *facepalm* Now that I know it's planned and it's going to happen, that ruins the surprise.

A touch of Destiny AgentRodimal's Avatar

Has long as somewhere along the lines in this feud Paul Heyman Goes To Sleep, I'm fine with it.

Gah! Sorry Todd. Potential spoilers slipped my mind. XD

Anyways, I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion of Brock as the face in this. Let's hope Vince changes his mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Banned

How does them feuding suggest at all that Brock is going face? It would suggest Punk is turning face, especially since his reactions are largely cheers anyway. lol Dirt sheet idiots.

Brock doesn't work as a face at all. A face Brock versus a heel Punk? What will it be, a squash match? The money is in people going toe to toe with a monster like Brock, especially with his legitimate UFC background. Practically everyone he goes up against is an underdog by default, which is a role better suited for a heel than a face.

I agree that Punk should turn face for this feud. And those mentioning Brock's MMA background, his style is grappling and power brawling. Punk uses Muay Thai, along with grappling, and he can brawl as well. The only disadvantage is his size in comparison to Brock Lesnar.

But it would be a fun feud if Punk is the face and Brock is the heel. Besides, Brock seems more comfortable as a heel than he does as a face.

Banned

What's the big mystery? Both Heyman guys...

WWE is hyping Dangerous Alliance all through their website and YouTube channel.

How far fetched is another stable likt eh Corporation, Evolution, etc where Heyman unifies Shield/Maddox/Lesnar/Punk in whatever facet and then CM Punk gets tired and his new cause if to rebel against him. He can talk trash about being brainwashed or how Paul E screwed ECW and didn't pay them and they never got the credit they deserve. Brock can sick him down like a rabid dog for trying to be a stepchild... and - game on.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Punk going face is clearly the better option if they're going to do this feud. I have no idea why Meltzer is just assuming that it would be Brock.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Brock should be the face in the feud. The fans will have no problem cheering him he got a face reaction when he returned to F5 Vince.

Punk is a natural heel.

And Punk did a great job establishing himself as a heel.

Punk and Paul working together against a face Brock is the way to go in my opinion.

Thanks Bender this awesome AV and banner!

Quote Originally Posted by buscow View Post
    Brock should be the face in the feud. The fans will have no problem cheering him he got a face reaction when he returned to F5 Vince.

Punk is a natural heel.

And Punk did a great job establishing himself as a heel.

Punk and Paul working together against a face Brock is the way to go in my opinion.
    I don't think taking Heyman away from Brock is a good idea. Heyman on the mic really compliments Brocks intense ring style.

Punk has done a great job, but he's definitely better suited as the face in this feud. He's proven that he can rebuild himself up as a heel when needed so I think a face turn is a necessary sacrifice.

Thanks Heteroflexible

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Punk going face is clearly the better option if they're going to do this feud. I have no idea why Meltzer is just assuming that it would be Brock.
    Agreed, if anyone should turn face from this angle, it should be Punk.

surrender

I'd just have brock be brock, do wht he does now, if the fans cheer him then so be it. To be fair is gets a better face reaction than most of the locker room anyway.

Thanks To Hayze

Brock won't work as a face, especially considering how he can only appear at 3-4 PPVs a year. His schedule is more suited for a heel -- come and go as he pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Brock won't work as a face, especially considering how he can only appear at 3-4 PPVs a year. His schedule is more suited for a heel -- come and go as he pleases.
    I really don't see how this means Brock can't work as a face.

Taker and Rock are on light schedules and they play faces...

surrender

They are both great heels, but only one of them is a good face. And that's Punk.

RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    They are both great heels, but only one of them is a good face. And that's Punk.
    Yeah, that is true, but maybe this is all coming down to Punk not wanting to be face. So, if the WWE want to do it, they would have to turn Lesnar.

I could see Punk using some kind of pull to try and stay a heel.

surrender

Banned

I want to know what is appealing about either of these guys fighting the other. Punk is far outclassed from any UFC competitor and Brock never needs to step into any combat again to be remembered for his fury. Short of him having another bout of deathbed stomach trouble Punk is on the same level as Hurricane Helms. The difference is that 10 years ago Hurricane and Scorpion King had TV that was light years beyond what troll E Dangerous Jr can pull off. Its not funny he comes out and says The Rock did all the stuff Punk used to stay champion. There's nothing marketable or drawing in crowds from telling people what flaws everyone has. What the hell kind of business model would that be. Yeah, um the 49ers are playing the Ravens lets go to Jim: "Well, you know we work hard in San Francisco and when you look at Baltimore they don't practice, they love to do commercials. They aren't serious football players!!!" How does that mean anything? The Miz disappeared for Marine 3 and you don't see Claudio digging that on the mic to try and go into business for himself. Go back and look at Steve Austin, Vince McMahon, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, The Rock, even Triple H... none of these guys have records of trying to go into some shoot driven crap that tears down the on-screen character they are with. Its dumb. And I hope if Punk keeps talking stupid Brock gives him a nice retirement plan so he sees what real feels like.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Exactly.

And that's only half of it. The other half is:

Who needs Heyman more? Punk or marble mouth?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

No surprise here. People have even speculated Brock/Punk at Mania too. It is an obvious feud imo since they both are with Heyman.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Meh, maybe I might like this feud, If it sounded more interesting. I cannot see Brock as a babyface.

Tied to the tree of woe WickedOne's Avatar

Honestly, part of me is very interested a feud between these two, and the rest of me just really isn't. Well, yet atleast. I wouldn't mind seeing a stable managed by Heyman were there is constant tension between Punk and Lesnar as to who the leader of the faction is. Let the fans decide who they want to be the face, and then go from there.

I'm in support of a Heyman's guys stable, have it go down south when tensions between Lesnar & Punk arise. As for Punk vs Lesnar, let the fans decide who's face/heel/tween whatever. It doesn't really need to be so black & white with those guys.

Thread Information