Thread: Mark Henry's Final Run :(

Default Mark Henry's Final Run :(

Mark Henry and his “Hall of Pain” returned on Monday night’s Raw and left a in his wake a devastating path of destruction. For Henry, the almost-yearlong return likely signals his final run as an active wrestler for the WWE.

At last year’s WrestleMania, when the WWE universe last saw Henry, he was coming off his best stint since joining the WWE 17 years ago. He won his first world heavyweight title cleanly over Randy Orton, after taking out top names along the way. As Henry is a longtime veteran of the roster, it was nice to see a different person in the title picture for a change.
    It’s a shame that an injury sidelined him when he was riding so high, and it’s a shame this upcoming WrestleMania seems like it might be his last. Only Triple H and the Undertaker have been with the WWE longer, but since Henry’s just not at their level, don’t expect him to challenge either.
    What could happen is one final bullrush through the WWE roster that ends with Henry losing at WrestleMania in his sendoff match. The next few weeks should have Henry plow through the likes of Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Kane and Daniel Bryan, and then a larger built wrester – like the Big Show or Ryback – should be the one to end Henry’s career.

Since The Big Show has been a major heel in the last year it’s tough to see him filling that role, though he is the best candidate. For Ryback, it gives him a WrestleMania opponent and a much needed win. It works for both, as one star leaves and the other reaches a new level. The image of Ryback holding the monstrous sized Henry on his shoulders for Shell Shocked could be mentioned for years.
    While Henry may have more than a few months left in him, it can’t be that long. He’s had numerous injuries and this last one had him out for close to a year. Even if he wanted to stay longer, all the years of competition on someone that size is usually too much for the body to take.
    Whatever happens, Henry has greatly improved from when he debuted as a 24-year old. He showed heart when most doubted him He deserves one good, final run before he bows out.
    This sucks. I was hoping Henry had at least a few more years left in him. I really enjoyed his big push he finally got with a run with the WHC and how he played the monster heel role better than anyone since Kane's earlier days. He made it really believable and showed the world he wasn't a guy you wanted to make angry. I was hoping for one last WHC run, but I guess it won't happen. Though if he feuded with ADR, took the belt for a months, then lose it to Ryback at WM, that would be cool. Then maybe Ziggles could cash in and we have a Ryback/Ziggler feud. But I digress.

I hope he at least stays with WWE as like a trainer or something so we get to see him from time to time. They said he would no longer be an active wrestler, so maybe he could still put on a few more matches to help younger talent from time to time. What are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Default Re: Mark Henry's Final Run :(

I think it would be a good plan for him to face Ryback at WM. Will be a good power house match even thou Ryback aint that strong.

Thanks To Hayze

Banned

If the WWE weren't so stupid and had booked Henry as the beast that he is from the very beginning, he would be at the elite level the article referenced. His absolutely phenomenal monster run of last year was proof that Henry has what it takes to be the best, because that Henry was the best in the WWE, and his reign of dominance was the best thing of that year, even better than the rise of Punk.

If the WWE is going to send him off - and if they have any class and intelligence - they will book him like the ferocious force of a destruction he should have always been booked as. And that doesn't mean jobbing to Sheamus (bleh!).

Where is this article from?

From WNZ. http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...-be-his-final/

@Nitro - Yes, I agree. I was thinking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

What I like about Mark Henry is for a big man, he can work. He's always been solid on the mic. He can also be funny.

I don't know if it's his last run. But he might move to a more limited schedule. And he looked great when he returned to television. If he does decide to work a limited schedule, he'd still be a very good veteran hand that can help other guys get over.

As respected as a site like wrestlenewz is, I think I'll defer my mourning for Henry's career until a more reputable source appears.

"I've seen a million people die, it's up to us to stop the war."

When did Mark Henry become so respected by the hardcore fans? I'm not trying to be cynical, just curious. I've always appreciated his work and thought he was a reliable hand. I looked at him differently when WWE booked him like a star with those two wins over Randy Orton. That was the best example of booking someone into the main event scene. It came out of nowhere and changed the value of Henry -- for the better.

I must say, Mark Henry has been on since joining up with Theodore Long in 2003. The only bad time was his post ECW run on RAW (teaming with MVP and then Bourne) but besides that, he has become one of favorite guys to watch. I love to watch him kick somebody's ass and induct him into the hall of pain. Sucks to hear but I knew it was coming in time.

I loved his latest heel run and forgot how much I missed him until he returned on Monday and just started destroying people , one of the best characters in the WWE in recent memory in my opinion.

Ryback is probably the best option for him to face at Wrestlemania , he could use a convincing win over Henry going forward to further establish his character. If not him then I wouldnt mind Del Rio and him having a program.

If the WWE weren't so stupid and had booked Henry as the beast that he is from the very beginning, he would be at the elite level the article referenced.
    I don't think he was ready from the beginning , and its irrelevant ... I'm just happy I got to enjoy him and his booking at the end of his career.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Will be sad to see him go but I am glad that he finally gets some of the recognition that he deserves. WWE wasted him for so many years and it was only when he went to ECW that he really showed everyone just how good he is. He excels as a heel and as a monster, he looks like a beast so there is no point trying to make him a happy go lucky babyface. He was fantastic as ECW champion and him leading that brand gave it some of it's best ratings. After that he fizzled out a bit again because WWE forgot the simple formula of what works for him but his Hall of Pain run on Smackdown was brilliantly done. He got himself into the best shape he had been in for many years and he was excellent as World Heavyweight champion. It is nice seeing him going out in the mainevent where he belongs rather than as a midcard jobber. Hopefully he has a good final year in WWE.

Thread Information