Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: alberto del rio already better than eddie guerrero

Banned

Default alberto del rio already better than eddie guerrero

Other than being as funny as eddie was I think alberto is already just as good as eddie was if not close. He has been champion already more than eddie was and it looks like he is trusted. He had an amazing heel run and face run. I don't think eddie would have been much without the lie cheat and steal gimmick. Before eddie wasn't much other than being 2nd to Beniot. Vince has looked hard for another mexican reolacement for eddie and I think he found him in del rio. Chavo and Rey tried but failed

Default Re: alberto del rio already better than eddie guerrero

I love Del Rio but NO!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

I love ADR but no.

Edit: damn you milopo.
    Credit: Bender

Being champion longer or more has nothing to do with it, but since you mentioned it take a look at the rosters.

Eddie was AWESOME in the ring and he was pretty good on the mic as well.

I like Del Rio he's definitely good in the ring but a little suspect sometimes on the mic. I'm not sure hes on Eddie's level.

Quote Originally Posted by spladle125 View Post
    Other than being as funny as eddie was I think alberto is already just as good as eddie was if not close. He has been champion already more than eddie was and it looks like he is trusted. He had an amazing heel run and face run. I don't think eddie would have been much without the lie cheat and steal gimmick. Before eddie wasn't much other than being 2nd to Beniot. Vince has looked hard for another mexican reolacement for eddie and I think he found him in del rio. Chavo and Rey tried but failed

you lost me right from the start.
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

Banned

I think Del Rio is a marvel in the ring and I think he's underrated on the mic, but he hasn't reached Eddie's level yet as far as being a total package and having as many excellent matches. However, I think if he keeps up his work rate I think he will be remembered as a premiere talent.

The OP actually might be on to something. Del Rio has every bit the credentials that Eddie did, but because he's not apart of the Smark Vanilla Midget Holy Trinity, any and all valid points will be ignored.

Sorry dude, it's just the way the IWC operates.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stan View Post
    The OP actually might be on to something. Del Rio has every bit the credentials that Eddie did, but because he's not apart of the Smark Vanilla Midget Holy Trinity, any and all valid points will be ignored.

What people have already said that Del Rio is great, now does he reach the awesomeness that was Eddie no not yet.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

No-ones saying ADR is bad but Eddie was one of the best of all time, ADR isn't there yet and may never get there, that's not a bad thing though.

People can quite simply appreciate Eddie Guerrero, smark or not has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...51#post4072951

Del Rio has every bit the credentials that Eddie did
    Except he doesn't.

He is not remotely in the same universe as Eddie on the mic, and while it's a lot closer in the ring, I'd still take Eddie on his best day over ADR on his.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Knows he isn't welcome

Great, thank you, spladle, thank you for making me enter here again just to see what this....thing was all about.

I LOVE Alberto Del Rio, I truly believe he is great in all aspects and a joy to watch, even if I facepalmed when I saw WWE be as narrow minded with his face turn as a lot of people in here were about it, "Yes, we absolutely NEEDED to take away the money!", fucking idiots...

But Eddie Guerrero was in another level, he made you love him even when he didn't try, he could be the most detestable person in the WWE roster (which is quite a feat, because everybody supposedly has to be a terrible human being in wrestling), and most importantly of all, he was entertaining as fuck, so sorry, but I don't see it at all, and it is my subjective opinion that your subejective opinion is completely wrong.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Alberto's great...but Eddie is literally on a whole different world in terms of ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Except he doesn't.

He is not remotely in the same universe as Eddie on the mic, and while it's a lot closer in the ring, I'd still take Eddie on his best day over ADR on his.
    Eddie's mic work is completely overrated. With the exception of that epic promo with Rey's mask, most of Eddie's promos were flat to meh.

Now as far as in ring charisma, Del Rio still has a ways to go. Even then, most of that could be attributed to the Lie, Cheat, and Steal gimmick. But in terms of the work rate, international background, family legacy, and skill set, Alberto is already there.

Not trying to sound like an ass but eddie gurrero will be overrated because of his death... Death always seems to brainwash people into thinking someone was better and had more of an impact than they actually did..

Knows he isn't welcome

I can just as easily say that death seems to brainwash people into dismissing any compliments as overrating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    Not trying to sound like an ass but eddie gurrero will be overrated because of his death... Death always seems to brainwash people into thinking someone was better and had more of an impact than they actually did..
    We have gone down this road but I can count at least 6 posters including myself that have called him the greatest or at least up there from before his death.

Eddie is far more popular than Del Rio will ever become. The only Mexican wrestler who came close to reaching Eddie's level was Rey Mysterio.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Dude, you are the IWC. You have 1200 posts on an internet wrestling forum. Every time you rant about smarks and the IWC, I can't take your posts seriously. Just because you disagree with people all the time doesn't mean you're not a part of it.

As for the original point, I think Eddie was better than Del Rio. Eddie as a worker was downright spectacular at times (his WWE body of work is pretty good, but it pales in comparison to some of his earlier work), whereas I don't think Del Rio is at that level. He's a very good worker, don't get me wrong, an excellent storyteller, but I don't think he's as good as Eddie in that respect. Eddie had a natural charisma that was just through the roof, and many times he turned pure shit (like the Chyna angle) into gold. I haven't seen that yet with Alberto, because there's been many times where he's bored me to tears, and I'm a fan of his.

There's a lot of similarities in terms of pedigree and body of work, but I don't think Eddie is a natural comparison for Alberto. I think a more interesting comparison for Alberto is a guy like Orton, actually.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

eddie was super popular? He was barley even in the main event scene at least from what I watched... I can remember that one great run he had against jbl, brock, kurt etc on smackdown near wrestlemania 20 time.. But almost all of his career he was a midcarder..

He never won a rumble had one title defense at a wrestlemania (XX) that wasn't even the main event championship match....the way people talk about him now days make it seem like he had more of an impact on wrestling than hulk hogan.. which is just not the case I'm afraid.

If you personally find eddie to be one of the best of all time that''s fine it's an opinion, but I can't help but role my eyes every time I see people try to act like he revolutionized the entire company or something..

eddie was super popular? He was barley even in the main event scene at least from what I watched... I can remember that one great run he had against jbl, brock, kurt etc on smackdown near wrestlemania 20 time.. But almost all of his career he was a midcarder..

He never won a rumble had one title defense at a wrestlemania (XX) that wasn't even the main event championship match....the way people talk about him now days make it seem like he had more of an impact on wrestling than hulk hogan.. which is just not the case I'm afraid.

If you personally find eddie to be one of the best of all time that''s fine it's an opinion, but I can't help but role my eyes every time I see people try to act like he revolutionized the entire company or something..
    Thats the problem, who cares about the WWE, yeah he was great there but his best work IMO was with Art Barr in AAA and his stuff in Japan.

Knows he isn't welcome

No one made any of those claims in this thread, but you still brought it up here because....?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    No one made any of those claims in this thread, but you still brought it up here because....?
    thedude said eddie was super popular and I brought up things i have noticed over the internet.. Not everything i mentioned has to be pertained to this particular thread..

Charisma. That's pretty much the main thing here. Eddie had it in spades and while ADR definitely does too, I think it's a matter of degree.

Knows he isn't welcome

thedude said eddie was super popular and I brought up things i have noticed over the internet.
    He said Eddie was far more popular than Del Rio, which is true, he also said that the only other Mexican WWE wrestler to come close is Rey Mysterio, which in my opinion is not that clear, Rey might actually be more popular, I don't really know nor care.

Nowhere in that post were the words super and popular next to each other.

Not everything i mentioned has to be pertained to this particular thread..
    That's cool, let me reword my previous post: Why did you felt the need to make such a point in this thread when the things you base such opinion on are not happening or being discussed on it? Don't get me wrong, you are totally free to do it, Im just asking you why you did it.

Thread Information