Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Hall of Fame credibility- Has it changed or what needs to happen for it to have i

Default WWE Hall of Fame credibility- Has it changed or what needs to happen for it to have i

Simple question. Does the HOF mean anything and is it more credible now or does it still need to do a few things to be taken as a real HOF to some?
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Default Re: WWE Hall of Fame credibility- Has it changed or what needs to happen for it to ha

Put up a physical building and then it's as perfect as it can be.

They have no control over the Savage and Owen stuff, so you can't count that against them.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Default Re: WWE Hall of Fame credibility- Has it changed or what needs to happen for it to ha

Agreed on the building. It's the last step aside from Warrior and Savage being inducted.
    It's showtime, folks!

I seen some feel that there should be a committee should have a criteria and not just the boss on who gets into the HOF to prevent the future having only one person being the appointed chooser of who gets in or not.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    I seen some feel that there should be a committee should have a criteria and not just the boss on who gets into the HOF to prevent the future having only one person being the appointed chooser of who gets in or not.
    I don't agree with that. I think the way they do it now is fine.

I disagree in general with the idea that WWE's Hall of Fame process should be similar to that of a legitimate sport.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Been reading for years that until Bruno goes in...

Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Been reading for years that until Bruno goes in...
    True and it is a coup that it has happened when he is alive. Makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I don't agree with that. I think the way they do it now is fine.

I disagree in general with the idea that WWE's Hall of Fame process should be similar to that of a legitimate sport.
    Yeah I see the positives and negatives of the way the process works now. I also see there being problems with a committee too.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I'd rather we had a legit Wrestling HOF for everyone..not just WWE people.

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I'd rather we had a legit Wrestling HOF for everyone..not just WWE people.
    Mil Mascaras, Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinckel and Antonio Inoki say Hi.
    Plus there is a wrestling HOF that meets every year and they are better than the E's because they already inducted STAN HANSEN!!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Didn't Vince say he was planning on putting up a physical building, they just had no idea WHERE to put it up?

Also, as well as Savage & Warrior, Andy Kaufman, Brian Pillman and Rick Rude not being in yet is as big a travesty.
    baboosh

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

I say just put up a physical building and they would be set.

There are tons of people the should be inducted, but they either will be in time, or it is out of WWE's hands & you can't blame them.

surrender

A physical building and the induction of Thesz are the two big ones left IMO. That's unless Warrior has stopped being a nutcase. Savage and Owen's family have all the control in their situation so WWE can't do anything about it.

I say it's pretty damn legit now since Bruno is in...while he's ALIVE to accept. Warrior & Savage will cement it's legitimacy. A real building will be the final icing.

I don't see a real HOF building ever being built. I just don't see it being profitable and would probably be really boring. Whats going to be there Andre's ring gear, Hogans boots, old ring ropes???

I just don't see it.

STL Cards: 73-63 :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I don't see a real HOF building ever being built. I just don't see it being profitable and would probably be really boring. Whats going to be there Andre's ring gear, Hogans boots, old ring ropes???

I just don't see it.
    It would be like every other Hall of Fame building with historical artifacts & plaques highlighting the hall of famers.

Other hall of fame buildings are profitable and I think a WWE HOF Building would be.

It could also have exhibits highlights the whole history of the WWE or even wrestling.

surrender

I'm as big of a MLB fan as anyone and I found Cooperstown very underwhelming. I think that would be the case here, especially for kids.

If anything I think there would need to be wrestling present, possibly have a developmental territory attached. Along with a WWE Shoppe, which they used to have I think in NYC.

I'm just curious how Owen and Savage's family have the right to prevent someone being honored. How does that work legally?

Why do people keep mentioning Owen? Have they been trying to get him in? (I dont follow too much of the Hart stuff)

Banned

I don't see the point of a physical build, or rather, don't see the huge necessity for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    I'm as big of a MLB fan as anyone and I found Cooperstown very underwhelming. I think that would be the case here, especially for kids.

If anything I think there would need to be wrestling present, possibly have a developmental territory attached. Along with a WWE Shoppe, which they used to have I think in NYC.
    Well what exactly is it you were expecting? Hall of fames are just museums. There's not too much more you can, or should do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    I don't see the point of a physical build, or rather, don't see the huge necessity for it.
    What kind of a Hall of Fame, has no hall?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Well what exactly is it you were expecting? Hall of fames are just museums. There's not too much more you can, or should do with it.
    I demand to see Old HOF baseball players play at cooperstown for my enjoyment.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    I'm sure that's not an issue, they can still go at ages 106 and dead....can't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I'm sure that's not an issue, they can still go at ages 106 and dead....can't they?
    For my entertainment they better play!!!

I think it would be neat. Maybe have replicas(Or originals if they have any) of all the past championship belts. Bring back the ice cream bars and have a concession stand, and like was said earlier, a shop to buy merchandise. And everyone once and a while, perhapse once a week or twice a months or something, they could have a current or past superstar there to give tours and sign autographs. I'd definitely go there if that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    Do you really want to deal with zombie Ty Cobb?

Thread Information