Thread: The NXT Developmental Women Updates Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The NXT Developmental Women Updates Thread

CURRENT ROSTER as of JUNE 2013

The FCW thread was getting a little irrelevant and all the posts going into it could add to the NXT thread so we have ourselves a new update thread for WWE's farm territory divas! Post all news, tapings spoilers, photos, videos, etc regarding the NXT girls in here. I'll try to update this first post as soon as any changes are made to the roster.

First piece of news is the appearance of a new ring announcer called Kendra.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by surrender; 06-20-2013 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The New NXT Developmental Divas Updates Thread

Kendra's pretty. Looks a little like a blonde Maxine. And she also looks somewhat like a girl I went to high school and university with. I wonder if she's got any ring experience or if she's completely new to wrestling? No CageMatch profile so she may be new to wrestling.

Great work on the thread. I've been thinking for a while that we needed a new one since there is no FCW anymore.

joshyy

Thread looks nice, however I can't get over how old Charlotte looks, seriously will someone please find out for me . Audrey, Paige, Sasha & Summer are who i'm hoping to take over the next generation of WWE

Emma reminds me of Velvet Sky/ Kaitlyn

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's only 26.

She's one of those people who don't photograph well. But she's not that bad looking.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    She's only 26.

She's one of those people who don't photograph well. But she's not that bad looking.
    Agreed, I've seen pics of her where she looks good. If you follow her on instagram, you'll find better pics of her.

This new Kendra girl came from nowhere, similar to when Kaitlyn was signed. I wonder if she has an announcing background or if she attended one of the tryouts a while back. Any word on the recent tryouts from this past weekend? I didn't hear about any female talent trying out but I know the ones from last year were packed with female talent that weren't signed (Taylor something, Kasey Ray, Britney Savage, Brad Armstrong's daughter and a few other women). Still waiting on the arrival of Rachelle St. Clair, we waited on Emma for a while too so I'm still pretty sure she's under contract or that the offer still stands at least.

Edit: Found the answer to my question about female talents at the tryouts and apparently there were none...over 30 guys according to JR but no women were invited. I guess since the last tryouts were so heavy with women, they didn't feel the need to bring any in for a look. There are still some out there that I was sure WWE would offer a contract to...the chick from the lingerie football league was one.
    Last edited by Jmoe87; 02-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kendra looks more like a permanent ring announcer than a possible wrestler for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoe87 View Post
    Still waiting on the arrival of Rachelle St. Clair, we waited on Emma for a while too so I'm still pretty sure she's under contract or that the offer still stands at least.
    Joey Mercury actually mentioned Rachelle in a tweet recently in response to a fan question. There was some type of auto-correct mistake in the tweet though, so it was hard to understand what he was saying, but it's possible he was trying to say her debut is postponed.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I was thinking the same thing LS. I'm sure she's just on ring announcing duties.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    Kendra looks more like a permanent ring announcer than a possible wrestler for some reason.

Joey Mercury actually mentioned Rachelle in a tweet recently in response to a fan question. There was some type of auto-correct mistake in the tweet though, so it was hard to understand what he was saying, but it's possible he was trying to say her debut is postponed.
    Just checked that out...both Andre Tyson (the guy referenced by the fan) and Rachelle have great looks. Hopefully we see them report sooner rather than later. I wish she had a twitter or something.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Demott recently tweeted that Sara Del Rey was doing marvellous work with the NXT divas.

Fuck, I'm excited!

Thanks Heteroflexible

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4:05 - Summer Rae interview
    9:54 - Paige and Sasha Banks backstage with Dusty Rhodes

Pretty good promo work from Summer and Paige! Looking forward to next week

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that was a really strong promo by Summer. She's a good talker, and also spoke really well on the leaked practice promos that came out a few days ago. It's nice that we're getting our first feud and first storyline on NXT now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    I thought that was a really strong promo by Summer. She's a good talker, and also spoke really well on the leaked practice promos that came out a few days ago. It's nice that we're getting our first feud and first storyline on NXT now.
    I agree...all that work in FCW as GM and ring announcing worked for her. She'll make an interesting heel with mic work alone (I like her catch phrase about summer school lol) and with Paige as her first feud I'm sure the matches will be cool as well. Glad we're getting something in NXT for the divas storyline wise.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3:00 for Paige/Summer ring segment, 6:23 for Paige backstage with the trainer, 15:00 for Paige backstage getting her shoulder taped, 17:45 for Paige vs. Summer, and Sasha & Dani backstage straight afterwards

I really liked all of this. We talked about it before how nice it was to see the divas getting a lot of focus - Paige rejecting those generic guys out of her ring was one of my favourite things in a while. The match itself was good too for what it was, Summer looked pretty impressive with her targeting of Paige's shoulder. She looks crisp and confident in the ring which is a good sign early in her ring career. The crowd reaction to her winning relatively quickly was great too - the fact that Paige is so over will help her get established as a heel, because they'll always be pissed whenever someone beats her.

Also we'll find out who Sasha's admirer is next week. I'm guessing since Dani gave her the letter this show, there's a decent chance it will be Anya as her introduction. I'd rather it just be a guy though, since WWE can't do gay/lesbian storylines maturely.

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This storyline is going really well. Entertaining and intriguing stuff from both girls and it's being booked nicely. Just sucks that the good storylines don't happen on the main roster.

I do wonder about Summer's future though. She's turning 30 this year, which is really close to the time when WWE actually starts to get rid of divas. She definitely seems promising charisma-wise though, and her ring skills have been decent.

As for the Sasha/Dani segment, a few weeks I saw someone on another website suggest the admirer might be Anya (as HR pointed out), which could either be amusing or potentially bad. Guess we'll find out next week who it is. Sasha's speaking/acting in these segments definitely needs work because she comes across as generic, but she does have a nice voice and I could see her improving. Looking forward to Sasha vs Audrey next week.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    This storyline is going really well. Entertaining and intriguing stuff from both girls and it's being booked nicely. Just sucks that the good storylines don't happen on the main roster.

I do wonder about Summer's future though. She's turning 30 this year, which is really close to the time WWE actually starts to get rid of divas. She definitely seems promising charisma-wise though. and her ring skills have been decent.

As for the Sasha/Dani segment, a few weeks I saw someone on another website suggest the admirer might be Anya (as HR pointed out), which could either be amusing or potentially bad. Guess we'll find out next week who it is. Sasha's speaking/acting in these segments definitely needs work because she comes across as generic, but she does have a nice voice and I could see her improving. Looking forward to Sasha vs Audrey next week.

On the other hand she could be another Layla who was already 29/30 when she won the diva search. I do think she has potential , in that house show tag match you posted while back she was actually already taking lucha moves which was impressive

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dex-star View Post
    On the other hand she could be another Layla who was already 29/30 when she won the diva search. I do think she has potential , in that house show tag match you posted while back she was actually already taking lucha moves which was impressive
    True about Layla. And judging by the quick instances we've seen Summer in action, she seems to appear more natural in the ring than Layla was at this point, so that's a good sign.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Summer, like Layla, certainly doesn't look 30 so that's definitely in her favour.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summer looks younger and I think with how "well" Kelly worked out as WWE's premiere Diva, who was probably too young I think Summer will have a good 6 or 7 years in WWE.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice showing from Paige and Summer...I liked that Summer picked up the win. Makes the feud more interesting and keeps things going...Summer showed a lot of potential heel wise after the match. You can see she's confident and it looks like she'll own the top heel role in NXT. Her age was something I thought about when she was originally signed but like LS pointed out, she doesn't look it and with her already being able to put on decent matches I'm sure WWE will push her regardless of her age. She'll probably come in as a manager...hopefully someone who WWE wants to succeed and not just a throwaway talent.

Dani looked good in the backstage segment and Sasha gives me AJ every time I see her lol. She just comes across as a likable person.

surrender

joshyy

Summer Rae def looked better on television rather than photos i've seen, looked a lot younger than orginially thought which is good! She does seem confident which is a plus aswell, like others said, its just a shame they can't seem to bother with good, consistant storylines on the main roster.

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dani's profile picture has been removed from the NXT Divas roster, but the page itself still available if you have the link. We've seen similar situations like this where it means they've been released, but we'll have to wait and see.

For some reason I could see her coming to the main roster when Fandango re-debuts (he's been dancing with a girl in the vignettes - it's not Dani, but I could see them possibly bringing her up to dance with him). Coincidentally, after I thought of this possibility, I went to her Twitter and saw her most recent Twitter activity was retweeting Fandango.

If my theory - which is just a complete guess - is true, I doubt they'd remove her from the NXT roster page (especially before even debuting), but maybe she's getting a new name and new pics for a new gimmick.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^She did keep tweeting about taking new photos so maybe that's why her profile was pulled down. I'm always weary about profile removals though...9 times out of 10 it means they've been released. I definitely could see her as Fandango's partner though...she fits the bill looks wise. If that is the case, hopefully she can dance and won't just be floating around in ballroom gowns lol. As I was watching the promo for him last night I thought about them using an NXT diva as a valet for him but I couldn't think of one that would work who isn't needed in the division. Dani really is the only one who doesn't seem to be wrestling currently.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davina has announced that her NXT ring name will be Bayley.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute, but it needs a surname!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Diva alert

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/02/20/wwe-signs-new-diva/
    WWE has signed a new Diva by the name of Kendra Smith, who has already reported to developmental facility NXT for training.

Smith confirmed the signing on her official website by posting a few videos of her in the early stages of wrestling training under the headline, “WWE Diva Developmental Program”.

In addition, she posted a photo on Instagram of her recording studio shots for NXT’s show that tapes from Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida.

Not much is known about Smith in terms of how far along she is in her training, although she does list pro wrestling in her skill set alongside kickboxing, Muay Thai, and MMA/Grappling. She also looks to be an avid stunt woman who specializes in “aerial harness, air ram, green screen, and weapons.”

Honestly the best non-indy wrestler type of signing you can get. Seems like she should turn out to be pretty good.

Thread Information