Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Developmental Women Updates Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The New NXT Developmental Divas Updates Thread

That's the ring announcer that surrender posted in the OP, but it's good to hear that she's got a fighting background.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well geeze.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just knowing that tidbit of information about makes her one of my new favorites before she even started. I mean hell she has pro wrestling training. She's like the new Trinity in that sense of her being many things other than a prowrestler. I hope she does very well for herself.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool signing...hopefully her experience helps her stand out in NXT. Since she's ring announcing we probably won't see her in the ring often right away...I wish they would just hire someone to do ring announcing instead of throwing the new divas into the position lol. It's just so random, one week they're ring announcing and the next they're the focal point of the division.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it when a woman can do that.

Why is it that WWE's developmental Divas are better as a whole than the main roster ladies?

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well let's not go anointing her the next big thing just from a picture of her doing a high kick.

I think the talent shared between the main roster and the developmental system is pretty even honestly. Natalya, AJ and Naomi match up pretty equally with Paige, Sasha and Emma as the top 3s for instance. With that said, they has been a pretty clear shift in the hiring practices since Triple H took over from Johnny Ace. Apart from Dani, all the recent hires have either been girls from the indies, or have some sort of athletic background through martial arts or football.

is trying here!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    I think the talent shared between the main roster and the developmental system is pretty even honestly. Natalya, AJ and Naomi match up pretty equally with Paige, Sasha and Emma as the top 3s for instance. With that said, they has been a pretty clear shift in the hiring practices since Triple H took over from Johnny Ace. Apart from Dani, all the recent hires have either been girls from the indies, or have some sort of athletic background through martial arts or football.
    I was thinking along these lines earlier, wondering why they give decent time to Sasha, Audrey, and especially Paige - once they get on the main roster, they'll probably be regulated to quick matches and they won't get to display their range as much as they do in developmental.

I'm not complaining. It's just that the dichotomy of booking between the training roster and the main roster is odd to say the least. Even in the days of FCW apparently, the women were showcased more than they are on the weekly shows.
    banner made by surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanboy View Post
    I was thinking along these lines earlier, wondering why they give decent time to Sasha, Audrey, and especially Paige - once they get on the main roster, they'll probably be regulated to quick matches and they won't get to display their range as much as they do in developmental.

I'm not complaining. It's just that the dichotomy of booking between the training roster and the main roster is odd to say the least. Even in the days of FCW apparently, the women were showcased more than they are on the weekly shows.
    That's a really good point and you would think that someone would have that light bulb go off and see how much more effective the women are in NXT and how over they can get when given time to work matches and actual storylines. Granted, NXT/FCW arenas are small and intimate but even on a grander stage we see that feuds that are built strongly or wrestlers fans feel they know get good reactions. AJ is a prime example of that, she came from the bottom pretty much and they were able to make a star out of her. I really hope NXT is being used as a test run to see what the divas are capable of. The main roster has solid workers and while they seem to be trusting them more, hopefully once more girls from NXT debut they'll have more time to work their magic and creative will have storylines ready for them.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanboy View Post

Because of this, thus far the highlight of AJ and Naomi's in-ring careers have been in FCW. These days women get a much better chance to showcase their talents in developmental, and it's annoying/nonsensical that it doesn't always transfer over to TV. In AJ's case, she's become a top star as a character, but it's about time they start doing something with the divas wrestling on the main roster.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys can see videos of her wrestling on this link. They're training videos but she looks like she can come along nicely considering she only had 6 days of training in this video.

http://kendrasmith.com/action/

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already running the ropes better than Rosa!

Thanks Heteroflexible

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ With only 6 days of training

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie91 View Post
    You don't need any training to run the ropes better than Rosa though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie91 View Post
    Shocking, right?

Thanks Heteroflexible

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    You don't need any training to run the ropes better than Rosa though.
    True. Some people just take direction well and are naturally athletic. Rosa is not unfortunately. :/

And I have to say that I know there are women out there with wrestling training who don't necessarily wrestle on the Indies. I think WWE should scout those girls too because there could be some real gems there.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week's NXT is up, featuring Renee Young, Sasha Banks, Summer Rae, the return of Audrey Marie with a new hair color and Sasha's admirer revealed!

Spoiler

Well at least now, she has a proper feud. The match was kinda boring but Audrey looked solid + strong despite Sasha dropping to the mat before Audrey's butt did in that wheelbarrow.

I loved Summer Rae's promo. Kisses!

joshyy

Liked the promo, natural talker from what it sounds like. Match was boring but i'm glad Audrey is a heel it makes her stand out a bit more.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NXT has two active and seperate Divas feuds. WWE barely has one.

I really enjoyed the match. Nice to see Audrey again and definitely interested in the direction this goes in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audrey is better in the ring as a face than she is as a heel. As a heel, she goes right to rest holds and submissions, which in turn made this match feel boring and even more rushed than it already was because she immediately dropped down into a rest hold. It was already a short match so to waste the first minute of a two minute match with submissions wasn't a good move.

Sasha looks crisp in the ring, and I would have liked to see a more exciting match like her other matches in NXT were, but it didn't really get to happen because of the short time this got. Which I don't really understand, they should be getting matches that are longer than two minutes in developmental. But I definitely think these two could have a much better match if they got more time and more so if they were both playing faces.

Audrey is definitely looking hotter than ever though.

Summer's promo work is over the top but it is much more enjoyable than the last over the top talker we had in NXT/FCW, Raquel Diaz.

Edit: The video surrender posted is no longer working

Sasha/Audrey segment, their match, + Summer gets interviewed
    Last edited by LS; 02-21-2013 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no sign of Dani being re-added to the NXT page, while Bayley has received her NXT profile and pics...

http://nxtwrestling.com/Roster/Bayley.html

NXT Diva Bayley has had a love affair with wrestling since she was an 11-year-old girl. At the age of 18, Bayley wasted no time and began training for her eventual pathway to NXT. With a background in sports like track, basketball and martial arts, it seems the athleticism of the ring was a natural fit.

Prior to joining the ranks of NXT, the California-born diva competed for some of the most respected independent wrestling organizations in the United States and Canada. To this day, Bayley admits to still feeling the excitement she felt as a young girl whenever she steps into the ring. It’s a feeling she hopes to share with WWE & NXT fans for years to come.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the update on Dani:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that developmental diva Alisha Ceraso, a former fitness model and fitness contest competitor who had just debuted on NXT using the name Dani, decided to quit as a performer and has taken a job in Stamford working at the corporate offices.
    http://www.gerweck.net/2013/02/21/ww...ntent=My+Yahoo

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Smart...she can get more money this way if she does well and gets a promotion.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    I'm glad she decided to step out before they invested more time in her as a performer. I remember her NXT profile said she had experience in the corporate world, so this makes sense.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked Summer's promo. As LS said she's way better in this role than Raquel was. Her acting was a little bit over the top but that's not a bad thing. I particularly like the clever little lines she is coming up with.

Here are the next set of spoilers from tonight's tapings:

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ask again...who the hell backstage got a clue and realized Naomi should be wrestling on every show at every given chance. And what the hell took so long?! What finally clicked in their heads?!

I wonder if Emma will still be playing a heel, or if she'll be a goofy face now.

Hopefully Naomi works a lot with Alicia in that match. Audrey too since she'd probably be able to take Naomi's moves too.

Thread Information