Results 2,851 to 2,868 of 2868

Thread: The NXT Developmental Women Updates Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The NXT Developmental Women Updates Thread

Rosita fans- Thea was ringside for Andrade's match making faces at him. He has like a deadbeat gimmick right now and, although it's not clear if she's actually signed, the speculation is that she will be his handler.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The triple threat was a pretty fun match , with some sloppy moments but overall pretty good. I don't think Asuka is really suited to this type of spotfest type match. In fact I think whats holding some Asuka's WWE matches from being really great is the lack of technical matt wrestling that is her strong suit. Somone like Io will be much better at the typical nXT match because she's much more athletic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Thea Trinidad was signed by WWE.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    Apparently Thea Trinidad was signed by WWE.
    Great move by WWE. Thea has a lot of untapped potential and the Performance Center will fine tune some things. I expect her to be paired with Andrade.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She played a bigger role on tonight's episode and even had some lines!!! Check her out after the Peyton match.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosita had a wonderful moonsault and TNA really did not capitalize on the publicity she garnered after the 9/11 documentary. That would have helped the floundering company then, so I'm glad she is getting this chance. Hope this means we will see her in the Mae Young Classic while transitioning into a full-on character with Cien.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye88 View Post
    Rosita had a wonderful moonsault and TNA really did not capitalize on the publicity she garnered after the 9/11 documentary. That would have helped the floundering company then, so I'm glad she is getting this chance. Hope this means we will see her in the Mae Young Classic while transitioning into a full-on character with Cien.
    Her being in tgat documentary wouldn't have helped them in the slightest :/ They had gotten on mainstream shows like Family Feud and that couldn't even help them.

But I am glad WWE signed her. She's a great actress. Hopefully she can still go in the ring

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NXT had one of its best non-Takeover matches tonight.

The wrestling was fine (despite Asuka's slight tendency to sandbag) and Ruby is always fun to watch but the match really kicked in to gear once she was eliminated. Probably the best outing for Nikki Cross since debuting. She and Asuka successfully brought some life back to that fatigued crowd. This was probably the highest point in their feud and has helped shape up Nikki into a serious contender to dethrone Asuka.

Another note, it was interesting to see some of the other rookies backstage during the brawl. I caught Bianca Blair and Teynara but who was that other black girl with the short hair in the make up chair??

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's this gonna do now, going ahead to Brooklyn III? You got Nikki hot on Asuka's tracks. And you got Ember Moon coming back.

Perhaps they'll put Nikki and Ember in a #1 Contenders Match to see who faces Asuka in the next TakeOver.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    NXT had one of its best non-Takeover matches tonight.

The wrestling was fine (despite Asuka's slight tendency to sandbag) and Ruby is always fun to watch but the match really kicked in to gear once she was eliminated. Probably the best outing for Nikki Cross since debuting. She and Asuka successfully brought some life back to that fatigued crowd. This was probably the highest point in their feud and has helped shape up Nikki into a serious contender to dethrone Asuka.

Another note, it was interesting to see some of the other rookies backstage during the brawl. I caught Bianca Blair and Teynara but who was that other black girl with the short hair in the make up chair??
    2 options ariela monroe or courtney wigs

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WWENXT: Will @NikkiCrossWWE be able to withstand @WWEAsuka? We find out on June 28th. #LastWomanStanding #NXTBelAir #SAnitY
    We're getting ourselves a Last Woman Standing Match! I don't expect too many weapons, if any at all. NXT isn't known for it's use of weaponry in it's matches, understandably they stopped doing no DQ matches a long time ago when realizing it. The most they've ever done is ladders and some table spots. So it'd be interesting to see how they handle their spots. I imagine just a very heavy brawl match with possibly some ring apron spots, outside the ring spots, and a table spot. Maybe use the chair like they did in WCPW Last Woman Standing Match, probably not. But here's looking forward to it!
    Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like it should be a Takeover match. Granted it seems like nothing major ever happens on regular TV, so that's good. But we all know there's no way Asuka's losing not that I check spoilers anymore.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ember just feels flat now. She really should have gone straight after Asuka. There was no need to feed Peyton or Billie to her once again.

And Sonya still isn't really clicking for me.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

-surrender-

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that LWS match between Asuka and Nikki that was taped tonight , looks like it wasn't some main roster shit. They actually let them do some hardcore spots.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDDV5K5XgAArtW7.jpg

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dex-star View Post
    So that LWS match between Asuka and Nikki that was taped tonight , looks like it wasn't some main roster shit. They actually let them do some hardcore spots.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDDV5K5XgAArtW7.jpg
    That's gonna be fun to watch.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye88 View Post
    Ember just feels flat now. She really should have gone straight after Asuka. There was no need to feed Peyton or Billie to her once again.

And Sonya still isn't really clicking for me.
    I second these thoughts. I get wanting to showcase her with someone who she's had solid matches with in the past, but a fresh match would have done the trick. I feel like our Iconic Duo will make the main roster very soon and are just biding their time in NXT until a storyline presents itself on Raw or Smackdown. I haven't been able to get into Ember Moon since she debuted though...awesome wrestler but the character does nothing for me. Maybe because of the booking or something.

As far as Sonya, I'd much rather see Mandy Rose. I like both, but Sonya needs something and I'm not quite sure what. I think maybe being a part of a MMA faction would have served her better than being tossed into matches. Mandy seems to be wrestling a lot at house shows and her earlier showings were impressive for her experience level so you'd think she'd be on tv more regularly.

Random thought but Liv Morgan needs a storyline outside of the Iconic Duo and preferably with a male superstar. Love angles can be tiresome, but in order of her to make some moves she needs to be paired with a popular up and coming wrestler or someone with a big fan base. She's at a standstill and I think she has potential but she's just falling flat.

surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki Cross and Asuka just had my favorite women's match this year. Awesome match.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that this would be my runner up for best women's NXT TV match.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Thread Information