Thread: WrestleMania's World Heavyweight Championship match?

Default WrestleMania's World Heavyweight Championship match?

Any predictions for who the World Champ is going to be at Mania, and what the match will be? When Big Show was champion, I definitely thought it was going to end up being Ryback vs Big Show, but now if that happens, it would probably be without a title on the line.

Some possible options I could see happening...
    - Dolph wins the title at Elimination Chamber, in the Chamber (lol yeah right) or by cashing in the briefcase, and Del Rio gets his rematch at WM.
    - The above happens at EC, but they do Jericho vs. Dolph (c) at WM.

The second option sounds more appealing, but then who knows where that would leave Del Rio on the card...

surrender

Default Re: WrestleMania's World Heavyweight Championship match?

Dolph vs Del Rio, or Dolph vs Del Rio vs Big Show/Jericho in everyones favourite match type.
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

Del Rio vs Dolph isn't too bad of an option. Ricardo and Big E interacting would be likely amusing.

surrender

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

I want Rock/Cena/Punk so I don't want a 3 way in the other title match too. I say go with Del Rio vs Ziggles.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Del Rio vs Sheamus vs Orton for the belt. Jericho vs Ziggler separately.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I don't think they'll do Jericho vs Ziggler. Methinks that will end at Elimination Chamber, and Jericho goes for one of the midcard belts and does the job for Cesaro or Barrett at Wrestlemania.
    Replacing John Cena with Roman Reigns is like replacing Hulk Hogan with Lex Luger.

I personally want Sheamus, Orton and somebody(Ryback maybe if he doesn't fight Show) vs the Shield though. They have built towards it quite a lot

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    I don't think they'll do Jericho vs Ziggler. Methinks that will end at Elimination Chamber, and Jericho goes for one of the midcard belts and does the job for Cesaro or Barrett at Wrestlemania.
    As I said in the other thread, Jericho vs. Cesaro wouldn't work because the storyline is that no American can beat Cesaro for the championship. You can't have a Canadian attempt to be the American hero.

I wouldn't be opposed to Jericho vs. Barrett as a teacher vs. student type deal, but I also don't think Barrett is important enough right now to be getting a singles Mania match. Save it for down the line, me thinks.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Hes just as important as Cody was when he got his big singles match and he has so much potential he deserves the chance to get the push and a Mania match win over Jericho would do wonders

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Hes just as important as Cody was when he got his big singles match
    And there weren't as many people on the card then.

Like it or not, with so many big stars back, somebody has to take the hit. Barrett has not been overly important in the last few months and thus should not be a priority.

Bender

*obligatory 5 hours rant*

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    As I said in the other thread, Jericho vs. Cesaro wouldn't work because the storyline is that no American can beat Cesaro for the championship. You can't have a Canadian attempt to be the American hero.

I wouldn't be opposed to Jericho vs. Barrett as a teacher vs. student type deal, but I also don't think Barrett is important enough right now to be getting a singles Mania match. Save it for down the line, me thinks.
    I'll give you Barrett, but Jericho won't be there to play American Hero. It's Jericho wanting this arrogant, smarmy "I'm here to culture you filthy americans SWISS STYLE" jackass to, as he would say, "Please, shut the hell up!". Plus, they can add that despite Jericho being the 4th man in WWE History to Grand Slam, he has never won the United States Championship.

Yes, Jericho won't win, but I believe an obvious result shouldn't be a reason to stop the company putting on a good match.

I don't know if it'll be for the WHC, but I'm convinced Jericho came back to put Ziggler over at Mania. Whether or not it's for the belt remains to be seen.

The RTruth
    RT wants you to check out The Ultimate Fic'er, happening now in Fan Fiction.

I love Jericho, however not sure if he was needed at this years Wrestlemania. Summerslam maybe would have been a better time to return.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

The World Heavyweight Championship match at Mania is very open to options. Who knows where they'll go.

BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

I don't really care what the WHC match is at WM as long as AJ isn't prancing around at ringside. That doesn't necessarily take Dolph out of the equation, as I would be fine with Dolph being in the match as long as AJ/Big E. are banned from ringside.

Ehh, I'm gonna say....

Del Rio vs Jericho vs Ziggler.

Del Rio is champ, Ziggler cashes in, and Jericho finds a sneaky way into the match. This is what I personally would like to see. This match could be classic. Three great wrestlers. I think it's possible that it'll actually happen.

People are saying that Jericho maybe here to put over Ryback at WM, Not to sure if i'd like that but thats what I read on some site.

As for the world title Either Orton or Sheamus will win the title at elimination chamber then they will go one on one for the title at WM. Although because ADR face turn has done better than people thought they may just run with him into mania.

See they could do a triple threat for the World title with Sheamus Vs Orton Vs ADR, all depends if punk will be in the main event or facing taker. Its all up in the air atm.

Thanks To Hayze

Have Jericho vs. Ziggler one-on-one at Elimination Chamber.

At WrestleMania, have Jericho and Kaitlyn vs. Dolph and AJ in a Winners Takes All Match for the MITB and Divas Title.

The World Title match would be ADR vs. Orton vs. Sheamus but only if Cena vs. Rock and Taker vs. Punk happen. It it's a triple threat and Taker takes the year off then just do Orton vs. Sheamus for the title. ADR can be put in a match elsewhere.

i want Del Rio Vs. Ziggler, but I think Sheamus will win it at Elimination Chamber so we have him vs. Orton for the title instead at Mania.
    It's showtime, folks!

Thread Information