Thread: Historic Accomplishment by WWE

Default Historic Accomplishment by WWE

We see the race card constantly being played and racist allegations be thrown around in society. Racism still exists but not at the level the media would have you believe. The wrestling business in earlier years was dominated by white men. Blacks and other minorities were few and far between in the wrestling business. Last night the WWE did something that should be celebrated: for the first time since the brand split in 2002 the two World Champions in the WWE are two men that are NOT white.

This is something that should be celebrated by all. It shows how far we've come as a country and as an industry. Yes, even we are all apart of the wrestling industry!

Default Re: Historic Accomplishment by WWE

Not only that, but to my knowledge, there have only been a few "non-white" champions in wwe history as it is. There's no doubt in my mind that Vince may be a little racist, I mean just look at the stereotypes he portrays in his tag teams of past/present (cryme tyme, hunico/comacho, and doesn't seem to do many mixed-race tag teams). But the only minority world champs i can think of are:

Rock
    Eddie
    Rey
    Del Rio
    Henry
    Booker
    Yokozuna
    Iron Shiek

Am I forgetting any?

Depends if you consider the ECW belt a world championship, then you have to add Lashley

There's Khali as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

Pedro Morales?

Also, the current US CHampion is Swiss, the current IC CHampion is English, and Kane is from Spain, so Bryan and Kaitlyn are the only Murican champions in WWE right now. (Okay, Rock is american born, although he does consider Hawaii his real home if I remember correctly)
    baboosh

Last Call

Kane is not FROM Spain. He's American. He was born in an American military base in Spain. He was BORN in Spain, but he is very much American.

And Hawaii is a state in the United States, so Rock is American also.
    Vote godAM and WrestlingMVP for TT KOTF

Bradshaw basicly said last night that he is agains't interacial relationships and cole had to akwardly move on due to jbl not catching himself in time

Hawaii is part of the United States, so even with that, Rock is still American. And being Swiss or British doesn't count. They are still white. So if you include them, you'd also have to include Jericho, Bret Hart, Edge, and every other Canadian that held the titles.
    Last edited by Edynol; 01-28-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of diversity in the championship ranks right now, it's not all about skin color.
    baboosh

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenrealhitman View Post
    Bradshaw basicly said last night that he is agains't interacial relationships and cole had to akwardly move on due to jbl not catching himself in time
    He said inter-species relationships, not inter-racial, it was a joke about Natalya dating Great Khali because Khali clearly isn't human.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    He said inter-species relationships, not inter-racial, it was a joke about Natalya dating Great Khali because Khali clearly isn't human.
    The way WWE treats Natalya, are you sure they weren't inferring that she isn't human

2012 TBG Poster of the Year!

Yeah. JBL said nothing wrong. Inter-species is not inter-racial. Anyone who tries to pawn that off as anything remotely racist is either seriously mental-deficient or just trying to start shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Or misheard it and made a genuine mistake.
    baboosh

Isn't it time that we just move on from this stuff? Constantly pointing out "first time" events for minorities seems kind of pointless. Do we have to have a f#cking parade because the first black man with a mustache bought frozen peas from the Kroger store on main street in Davenport Iowa? FIRST TIME! I like to think that its better that I didn't even notice that neither of the two champions are white.

Also, the other half of the tag Champions is half goat. WWE is really moving with the times.
    baboosh

Sheamus used up all the white when he was champ.
    Bring back the fourth wall

The company having champions with differing ethnicity has been traditional, but not on this level at the same time I agree.

I mean we did have guys like Tito Santana, Pedro Morales, Yokozuna, Bruno, and so on being champions either with the WWF or IC title. It's a good way to get a diverse audience to line the pockets of the company.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Last night the WWE did something that should be celebrated: for the first time since the brand split in 2002 the two World Champions in the WWE are two men that are NOT white.
    *cough* Mark Henry and Alberto Del Rio were world champions simultaneously in 2011, weren't they? *cough*

And yes, JBL was against inter-species relationships. Because he's been calling Khali some sort of animal for years. Because he's a monster and all that.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Thread Information