Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your new WWE champion...the Rock

Default Your new WWE champion...the Rock

So CM Punk has finally been dethroned after over a year as WWE champion by the Rock, so what are people's thoughts on this? Are they glad that the supposed great one has defeated the best in the world? Are you upset by this? Were you expecting Rock to win or lose? Will Rock still be champ by Mania 29? Discuss it here
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Default Re: Your new WWE champion...the Rock

I'm glad Rock has won the WWE title again. It's good for business and for the majority of fans. Punk had an amazing run as champion but I can see why they've given it to the Rock. The only negative was that Cena won the Rumble which sets up a Rock v Cena re-match which Cena will win. Therefore the result of the main event of Wrestlemania is basically known by everyone, which is disappointing.

I'm not happy about this, nor am I upset.

CM Punk is easily my favoite wrester today, and I actually like him more than the Rock when it comes to all time at this point. But it was was time, as much as it pains me to say so. Punk's reign was incredible to say the least, he has something he can truly be proud of, and now they're officially going a different way, and that's just fine with me. The vehicle isn't someone undeserving which is pretty important to me. Do I think it could have been a little more productive with someone else? Sure. But there's no real reason to complain here. Other than making Mania a little pretty predictable at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I don't think too many people will have strong opinions on this topic.

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Cody Rhodes isnt Stardust SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

While I didn't like the way the match ended, I am happy to see The Rock as WWE Champ again. It will be fun to see as champ from here till WM 29. I hope it is as good as his reign in 2002 as I really enjoyed that short reign of his more than probably any of his other world title reigns.

surrender

When Rock beat Cena at Mania 28 I thought he was gonna be pretty much gone after and never have another match again...but I guess now it kinda makes sense, they had it pretty much planned out from then that Rock was gonna go on to be champ after beating Cena...which has now come to be but after Mania 29 then we'll get Rock/Cena III due to the fact that there is a rematch for all former champs

Banned

I would have preferred it that CM Punk retained his championship, and retained it with a clean finish. It would have been very meaningful for Punks career.

I don't know how I feel about The Rock being champion yet. I'm going to wait and see what they do with his reign, and then judge.

The only negative is that it is all too predictable. Cena will beat The Rock at Wrestlemania and become champion. I never like predictability in wrestling and the two flag ship shows of the year (RR and WM) have been telegraphed for months.
    Bring back the fourth wall

Banned

Punk was boring as fuck and I would of loved anyone to take the strap off him, it being Rock was just a bonus.

Banned

WooHoo!!!!! And Your NNNNNNNNNNNNNew WWE Champion........ The Rock! Unbelievable! My brothers friends were going nuts.

It's was nice to see the rock win last night, and after the restart of the match you just knew it was going to be exciting. Punk had a very nice run as champ. i see some kinda swerve coming with this whole Rock, Cena and the sheild.

I'll watch the Rumble sometime

I'll like it only if the Rock is actually on TV and wrestling on a regular basis. If it's just going to Promos, half from the Titantron, then it was a waste to give him the strap.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

This is a rare moment in prowrestling when something you think will ever happen again does happen.

Never thought he'd be champ again once his film career took off 10 years ago.

It was a surreal and exciting moment.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Am I upset by the Rock winning the title?? Absolutely !!!! Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Rock fan but in my opinion giving him the belt makes no sence...none at all. The only thing that accomplished was making the entire roster look weak. Think about it, no one on the roster could beat Punk for over a year. Not Ryback, not even the golden child Cena, but here comes the Rock. The Rock will be back for a cup of tea and then he'll be gone again.

Now if Ziggler had come down and cashed his briefcase in on Rock and won then I could understand alil more but to me this way makes no sence. I know what everyone is gonna say, it was a way to build to Rock/ Cena 2 at Wrestlemania. To negotiate the WWE wants better ratings and get back to a boom period they need to stop giving us the same old same old, stop shoving Cena down our throats. It's become more like The WCF ( The World Cena Federation ) to me than the WWE. I mean when you can look at a look at a ppv card before it starts and call what is gonna happen they need to go in another direction. Who out there didn't know before the ppv that Cena would win the Rumble and Rock would take the title away from Punk ? I knew it was gonna happen but was holding out hope, I should have known better.

Knows he isn't welcome

Whatever, I had a whole year to prepare mentally for it, and Punk actually helped lessen the impact by becoming Triple H II.

I realize most of us are upset that Rock won with an elbow, but I have to say it came off looking very impactful.

The 400+ days of darkness are over.

Wipe him down with gasoline, till his arms are hard and mean.
    From now on boy this iron boat's your home.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I was thinking when I saw it that was one of the hardest looking peoples elbow I've ever seen.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I was thinking when I saw it that was one of the hardest looking peoples elbow I've ever seen.
    Ditto.

The good thing for Punk is that he never hit the GTS which gives him a reason to bitch tonight. He can claim that if he his the GTS Rock would have went to sleep.

yes cena might win but it wont be clean his drive to be great and beat the great one will cause him to steal the win and the birth of heel cena will be born

You're talking to god! CarlitoCool9111's Avatar

The Rock is WWE champ although he's only wrestled a handful of matches in the last 10 years, WWE is desperate.
    Austin Aries> CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by CarlitoCool9111 View Post
    The Rock is WWE champ although he's only wrestled a handful of matches in the last 10 years, WWE is desperate.
    By desperate you mean wanting the most possible people to buy their shows, right?

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    By desperate you mean wanting the most possible people to buy their shows, right?
    Exactly, and it goes beyond that IMO, as far the exposure Rock can bring is concerned.

As I said in the party thread, it's pretty fucking surreal to see The Rock holding the WWE Championship in 2013.

I'm stoked to see how this reign goes. Personally, I'd love if they threw in a free television match. Advertise that shit beforehand and it could be quite the spectacle.

Thread Information