Thread: Who would you like to see unify the World Titles?

Senior Member HunterSniderBrand's Avatar

Default Who would you like to see unify the World Titles?

With the brand split being finished now, it got me thinking about the title situation. Keeping the US Title Nd IC title is okay with me. Because at one time, you had the IC title and European Title, so to me, there's really no difference. But, why have 2 main championships if both Champions will appear on both shows? You shouldn't...

So, who would you like to see unify the belts? My pick is Dolph Ziggler or CM Punk and here's how I would do it. At the Rumble, I would have John Cena cost Rock the match and be revealed as the leader of The Sheild. I would also have Dolph win the rumble and choose CM Punk to face at Mania.

After the WHC match at Mania, I would have Dolph cash in on the winner (Sheamus, Orton, Show, Del Rio, whoever) and then make the match against Punk Champion vs Champion. Then, whoever wins would unify the championship.

Thoughts?
    Credit to RT for the banner!

Banned

Default Re: Who would you like to see unify the World Titles?

There's no one that I'd want to see do it currently.

John Cena is their biggest star and a unification match with The Rock this year at WM would have been the biggest match to do it in. Imagine the WHC became vacant recently and it was put up for grabs in the Rumble match (would have been great to see the Rumble match be for the world title again.) Cena wins the Rumble and the title, and then unifies the belt by defeating The Rock at Wrestlemania. But I don't want to see Cena be the one to unify the belts, for the same reason I didn't want Austin and Rock to unify the WWE and WCW World titles at Vengeance 2001.

I think CM Punk would have been the best guy to do it with because it would play perfectly into his "Best In The World" gimmick. Imagine they did it back in the summer of 2012. When the Punk/Cena feud was revived, it would have been nice to somehow see the WHC make it's way around Cena's waist, and then he and Punk (who have perfect chemistry with each other) have a unification match at Summerslam, with Punk winning. Would have made his historical title reign stand out even more, with being the guy to finally bring the two titles back together as one as a part of it.

But obviously, it's too late for Punk to be the one to do it now, because he needs to get away and stay away from any world title for quite a while, if not forever. (I get the feeling that Punk will end up like JBL - once his long reign ends, he won't win it again.)

IF there is a unification, you can almost guarantee it'll be done by Cena, perhaps Punk but that'll be less likely. Anyway, I don't think it will happen. Having two top titles allows them more creativity for matches like the Rumble. The Rumble winner gets his own feud for one title and it allows them to have a separate feud for the other title (two main events = more money).

Now tell me that THIS wouldn't be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

I wouldn't even want to see Ziggler in this match if it were to happen. I just think there are far better choices.

I would have it be Cena vs. Bryan. It would be the top guy in the WWE vs. the best wrestler in the WWE.

surrender

Dolph Ziggler.

Or John Cena, just to transition the newly unified title to Ziggler a month later.

Now this I could get behind, have Ziggler win the Royal Rumble and challenge for the WWE title at WrestleMania and then have him cash in his MITB contract to win the World Heavyweight title in the same night.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

That is one hell of a picture, I know it'll never be real but it's nice to dream.

The honour would go to Cena but i'd want some extra suspense so i'd have Cena vs Punk. A Cena vs Bryan or Cena vs Sheamus match would be way too predictable.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm still good. The usual "EVERYTHING IS AWFUL" crowd is typically unsatisfied.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

It would not be awesome at all.

I like Ziggler, but he is the wrong person to build a unifying title match around.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I like Ziggler, but he is the wrong person to build a unifying title match around.
    I'm a huge Ziggler fan and I agree. It would be built around Cena, maybe Punk or Sheamus but less likely I feel.

The time is right at WM 30 to unify both World Champions. If you noticed JBL will also combine both reigns when acknowledging how many times someone has been a World Champion. He's mentioned Del Rio as a 3 time World Champion, Orton as a 9 time World Champion, and every announcer mentions Triple H is a 13 time World Champion. If WWE were to unify both championships I would prefer they call the championship from that point on as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. That way the records of being a WWE Champion and World Heavyweight Champion (since 2002) are combined.

Here's a list of superstars who could possibly be involved in this match

• John Cena
    • Randy Orton
    • CM Punk
    • Alberto Del Rio
    • Sheamus
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • The Miz

*Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett: only if WWE builds them up huge going into the match, such as being the WHC for 6-8 months.

For me personally, I'd like to see Dolph or Daniel Bryan unify the titles. They'd have more of a Jericho type feel to it. Even though they're heel, you still feel as if the underdog that nobody thought would make it, did make it. I know they've both been world champions already, but unifying both titles is a big deal.

In actuality though, it would probably be given to Cena or Punk. I actually see it being given to Punk more than Cena. Not sure why..... But I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    The time is right at WM 30 to unify both World Champions. If you noticed JBL will also combine both reigns when acknowledging how many times someone has been a World Champion. He's mentioned Del Rio as a 3 time World Champion, Orton as a 9 time World Champion, and every announcer mentions Triple H is a 13 time World Champion. If WWE were to unify both championships I would prefer they call the championship from that point on as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. That way the records of being a WWE Champion and World Heavyweight Champion (since 2002) are combined.

Here's a list of superstars who could possibly be involved in this match

• John Cena
    • Randy Orton
    • CM Punk
    • Alberto Del Rio
    • Sheamus
    • Dolph Ziggler
    • The Miz

*Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett: only if WWE builds them up huge going into the match, such as being the WHC for 6-8 months.
    No. It'll just be the WWE Championship.

Vince has never really accepted the WWE Title being called "World" Heavyweight Championship, even before they brought back the Big Gold Belt. And even now the WHC is rarely called the WWE World Heavyweight Title because it doesn't make sense.

The word WORLD shouldn't be used twice. It's redundant. It's like those idiots who say "ATM machine" - what the hell do they think the M stands for?

For companies like the NWA or TNA it makes sense since they don't have World in their name, but the first W in WWE (and WWWF/WWF) is World so there's no reason to say WWE World Heavyweight Title.

That is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves.

They combine the records because they're technically equal, they're both world heavyweight wrestling titles, same as the way they combine tag team titles together no matter if they were (WWE) World, WWE, ECW or WCW Tag Team Title reigns.

Dr. of Green Thumbanomics theshape31's Avatar

Right now, only Punk could set the bar for a unified title reign. But it he loses at the Rumble, then there's Cena or Rock. No one else is on their level, and the unification wouldn't seem as legit with anyone else.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

Meh. I don't care for any more title unifications. Especially not any time in the immediate future.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Who would I like????

Kane.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Who would I like????

Kane.
    Seconded. Wholeheartedly seconded.

Thread Information