Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Shield attacking Punk at the Rumble?

Default The Shield attacking Punk at the Rumble?

What are the chances of the Shield attacking Punk tomorrow night, while leaving Rocky unharmed?

I was thinking it would be a good way to have Punk retain by DQ and make people doubt that the Shield and Punk are affiliated - Punk could also try to claim the Rock is behind the Shield.

But from what I've read on WWE.com, the stipulation seems to be that if the Shield interferes (regardless of who they attack?), Punk is stripped of the title...so that could possibly be a problem.

surrender

Default Re: The Shield attacking Punk at the Rumble?

I just don't think a DQ ending between Rock and Punk can happen. The fan outrage would be large, Punk has waited a while for this match and I think he'd be livid if this match has something like that happen. Best to just have a decisive winner out of this.

Its smart I mean but I just can't see it being pulled off.

- Justin Valuable

Blindy's V&G Reviews: Shovel Knight
    Next:

Greatest Champion Ever The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    But from what I've read on WWE.com, the stipulation seems to be that if the Shield interferes (regardless of who they attack?), Punk is stripped of the title...so that could possibly be a problem.
    I believe that's correct. Had they specified "helping Punk" rather than "getting involved," then your idea could work.

But I agree with Blindy, a DQ finish to this match would be stupid regardless.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Heyman
    My client, Brock Lesnar, conquered the Streak.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I just don't think a DQ ending between Rock and Punk can happen. The fan outrage would be large, Punk has waited a while for this match and I think he'd be livid if this match has something like that happen. Best to just have a decisive winner out of this.
    True, but there could always be a rematch at WrestleMania. I think there's a chance Rock and Punk will be in a match together at WM - maybe even a triple threat with Cena.

surrender

They did certainly plant the seed of possibility with this on Smackdown, with Punk being heavy-handed with the Shield, and them basically backing down and walking away for the first time.

The Shield won't be part of the match. John Cena will. Why?

Revenge for this.

Why would Cena allow Rock to win the WWE Championship when Rock screwed Cena out of the title?

True, but there could always be a rematch at WrestleMania. I think there's a chance Rock and Punk will be in a match together at WM - maybe even a triple threat with Cena.
    Its speculation but unless HHH gets off of this Lesnar rematch at WM, Punk's going to be setup for Taker at WM....unless Taker just sits this WM out, which I don't think ends up happening(Never know).

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Taker's not sitting this Mania out. Triple H promised he'd be back and he's doing a WrestleMania Axxess signing, he's pretty locked in at this point.

HAYZE

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

What are the chances of the Shield attacking Punk tomorrow night, while leaving Rocky unharmed?

I was thinking it would be a good way to have Punk retain by DQ and make people doubt that the Shield and Punk are affiliated - Punk could also try to claim the Rock is behind the Shield.

I actually think this is very likely... the younger fans will think the Shield is coming to beat up the Rock, instead they jump Punk, so he can't lose the belt. People wonder who the Shield is aligned with... and it will be neither because sooner or later we'll find out they are aligned with John Cena. The only guy that is never mentioned when the Shield's hit list victims are mentioned.

It can't happen, though. Vince said Punk gets stripped if the Shield gets involved, not if they attack The Rock.

HAYZE

Banned

Shitty as it sounds, I could see them ending the match on a DQ for one reason - if Rock wins the belt at the Rumble, then he will retain it at Elimination Chamber, which means another loss for Punk, and Punk certainly won't be breaking the streak (or walking out as WWE champ if it's a triple threat with Cena and Rock), which means three losses in a row for Punk, which I don't see happening. After being champion for over a year, he takes three big PPV loses in a row? Whereas if he only lost the title at EC, that's only two losses in a row, which is more acceptable.

That said, I definitely don't see the Shield interfering, and I actually hope that Punk telling the Shield to stay away is the official end of the whole possible Punk/Shield alignment or partnership. This match is a big enough deal that I can see them still having a decisive winner, even though it means either three big losses in a row for Punk, or Punk breaking the streak, neither which sit well with me.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Revenge for this.

Why would Cena allow Rock to win the WWE Championship when Rock screwed Cena out of the title?
    Not a bad theory, would lead to more people wondering who could win the Rumble should it go on after Rock/Punk (which I doubt).

I still think too many people are forgetting about a big 280 pound dude with a peni...sword... on his chest.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

Former 2-time TNA Tag Team Champion and 3-time TNA X-Division Champion
    2010 PW Healthiest Poster....2010 NCAA Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    I still think too many people are forgetting about a big 280 pound dude with a peni...sword... on his chest.
    That's probably the most likely means of Punk retaining at this point.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    It can't happen, though. Vince said Punk gets stripped if the Shield gets involved, not if they attack The Rock.
    Vince could easily override that if he sees the Shield attacking Punk, making him believe Punk and the Shield aren't affiliated.

surrender

Banned

I'm really hoping that Brock shows up and helps Punk retain. It's logical, they've removed The Shield as a possible means of Punk retaining, so Heyman calls upon Brock to help instead.

Didn't Rock say two weeks ago that the main event of Wrestlemania wasn't what we thought it would be? And everyone is expecting it to be Cena/Rock II...

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Not a bad theory, would lead to more people wondering who could win the Rumble should it go on after Rock/Punk (which I doubt).
    Punk vs. Rock will go last.

And my certainty of Rock losing is because would they have him win three big time matches in a row? Doubtful.

This match really should not end on a DQ regardless.

They've sacrificed six months of logical story progression to make this match happen, it needs to have a real ending.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Didn't Rock say two weeks ago that the main event of Wrestlemania wasn't what we thought it would be? And everyone is expecting it to be Cena/Rock II...
    He never said anything like that. He said he "couldn't reveal his opponent," that was it.

HAYZE

Better question is why didn't Vince just say to The Shield that if they try something funny at the Royal Rumble, they'd be let go and kicked out of the arena pronto? Why is Vince so lenient on these guys terrorizing his show LOL.

- Justin Valuable

Next:

Revenge for this.

That would make sense. Would this temporarily make the fans think Cena is a heel though (assuming a heel turn isn't the intention)? Not sure if WWE would want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Shitty as it sounds, I could see them ending the match on a DQ for one reason - if Rock wins the belt at the Rumble, then he will retain it at Elimination Chamber, which means another loss for Punk, and Punk certainly won't be breaking the streak (or walking out as WWE champ if it's a triple threat with Cena and Rock), which means three losses in a row for Punk, which I don't see happening. After being champion for over a year, he takes three big PPV loses in a row? Whereas if he only lost the title at EC, that's only two losses in a row, which is more acceptable.
    I was thinking the same thing. A lot of people think Punk will lose the title to Rock and then go on to WM and lose to Taker. That would be two big losses on two of the big four PPVs.

surrender

I just don't see how you can end a match you've been building to for six months on a DQ. I really don't. If you want to end it via Cena or Lesnar interference, that's one thing, but at least have somebody get a pin.

HAYZE

It's not ending in a DQ. This isn't WCW/TNA.

Banned

It's not ending in a DQ. This isn't WCW/TNA.
    If this was WCW, they would have given away Rock/Punk on Raw, ala Goldberg/Hogan in 1998.

I thought this might happen but yeah the stipulation of "if they get involved" makes it pretty unlikely. Can't see a DQ finish anyway. It'll either be clean win or someone will win from interference or something along those lines

They've hyped up this match since RAW 1000 and I really don't think it's gonna end by DQ.If Punk retains,I'm expecting something like this:
    Referee is down,Lesnar gets in the ring and takes out the Rock,costing him the match.
    or
    Rock is ready to hit his finisher,Brad Maddox tries to get in the ring,referee is distracted trying to stop him,Punk hits a low blow followed by a GTS for the win.
    The stipulation is that Punk loses the belt if the Shield interferes.Heyman can ask Brock for help,or use Maddox.

They aren't silly enough to do a DQ ending, there's also no feasible way for the Shield to get involved, even if they attack Punk, Punk loses his belt. As much as I hate to say it, Rock will probably just go over clean, hopefully after Punk kicks out of 1 rock bottom/peoples elbow combo

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

Thread Information