Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

  1. #1
    World's Largest Member Lionhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,510

    Default *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    It's gonna be John Cena.

    Why? One. Simple. Reason.

    GIVEN...that The Rock wins the title, it HAS to be Cena. The Rumble winner will get to choose who they face at Wrestlemania. We aren't seeing anything other than Rock/Cena, which I have been trying to avoid accepting for some time now, but all signs point otherwise. If a face wins, they will look like a huge chickenshit and an idiot if they don't choose to face The Rock. Hence, whoever wins the Rumble will face The Rock(assuming he wins the elimination chamber). WWE hasn't given out multiple rumble wins in the past decade and a half, but this year will be different.

    I guarantee it. Hence, the spoiler. Red rep me if I'm wrong.


    Spoiler

  2. #2
    @CheapTequila Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,724

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Cena's "big match" losing streak continues as he's eliminated in the Rumble by Ryback or The Shield. Later, he costs Rock the WWE Title like Rock did to him at WrestleMania 27. At Elimination Chamber, Cena eliminates Punk but Rock pins Cena again to win the WWE Title. And there's how the rematch gets started. Punk can be included in a triple threat, or not but that's a much more interesting story and a more compelling rematch setting up situation.

    Cena winning the Rumble is the obvious thing but the direct Cena-Rock build up would be far too long and would be a waste of the Rumble also promoting the World Title main-event situation.

    Ryback or Ziggler are winning.

  3. #3
    Always Believe... Slushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,764

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    I hope Cena wins. He deserves a second chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret Hart, 1992
    I dedicate this moment to anyone who still believes the biggest dreams can still come true.
    R.I.P. The Wrestlemania Streak
    March 24, 1991 - April 6, 2014

  4. #4
    A Mike Quackenbush Guy Djm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Singularity, by way of Detroit
    Posts
    10,990

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner



    John Cena vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania for the title?

    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maestro View Post
    When djm is telling you to wait and see, you really do need calm yo ass.
    Calm yo ass down, worrying about Cesaro.

  5. #5
    Member El_Jefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    My prediction for the winner is:

    THE LAST DUDE STILL IN THE RING AT THE END!!

  6. #6
    COYG Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Age
    23
    Posts
    14,821

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    This has to be the least ground-breaking thread ever.

  7. #7
    One More Match! Peepshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,217

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    I want to and have to believe theres a chance its not Cena, assuming Rock v Punk is before the Rumble, having Punk retain would throw that Rumble match into all air of uncertainty. I really do fear Rock beats Punk - Cena wins Rumble, it is one of the most predictable Rumble scenarios I've ever seen. I get the WWE roster lacks star power and the options for Mania are as limited as can be but hell even a Taker return and win leading to a CM Punk ego inflation coaxing Taker into a match would feel fresh.

    Logically the amount of likely winners are very limited based on our potential title matches, we have:

    Cena v Rock
    Punk v Cena v Rock
    Taker v Punk
    Sheamus v Orton
    Del Rio v Ziggler

    So based on those being our potential title matches, our potential winners are:

    John Cena
    Undertaker
    Randy Orton/Sheamus
    Dolph Ziggler

    I doubt Taker is going to be in the match and I cant see Ziggler as a heel having a Rumble win and MITB under his belt, Sheamus won last year so it comes down to Cena/Orton. I cant see Orton on for a win with his impending heel turn, he is going to be the bastard who punts/beats down the babyface champion (Sheamus) so again were just left with Cena....everytime I play it out...we screwed.

  8. #8
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,998

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    I'm putting my money on Ryback to win the Rumble and face, not Big Show, not Dolph Ziggler, but Brrrroooocccckkkk Lesssnnnnaaarrr at WrestleMania.

    Because my fantasy-booking is better than anything WWE could come up with.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  9. #9
    Senior Member Darkmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In the true North - Strong and Free!
    Posts
    6,025

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Sorry, but I am not sure what is spoilerish about this thread? At first I thought it was going to be Cena, however he seems almost too obvious of a choice at this point. I am leaning toward Ryback, Ziggler, or the loser of the Del Rio/Show match.


    Thanks JV for the artwork!!

  10. #10
    Lycanthrope Wolfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hell, NJ
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Quote Originally Posted by 4ever_Oldschool View Post
    I hope Cena wins. He deserves a second chance.
    You are kidding I hope. Second chance? He's had a lot more than that.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Knowing that Rock vs Cena is probably taking place at Mania doesn't mean we know the path we'll take to get there. Not even close. It's possible Cena will win the Rumble. It's also possible he won't.

  12. #12
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,998

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Zigmeister is 100% correct. Last year, everyone was so sure Jericho would win the Rumble because we knew he was facing Punk at 'Mania. (Even though Sheamus had been quietly built up to that point from summer 2011 onward.) There's more than one path to WrestleMania, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they didn't give the Rumble to a guy who can get in that position much, much more effectively through storyline than through contrived plot device.

    That said, the fact that this is basically the same Rumble situation for Cena as for Jericho leads me to believe that Cena will actually win it this year.

    Too close to call at this point, and we won't know for sure until Sunday.

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    512

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    ***SPOILER***

    You are wrong.

  14. #14
    One More Match! Peepshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,217

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    I personally feel Cena and Rock screwing each other to ignite the feud is a much better route:

    - You protect Punks streak
    - You keep the title away from that feud as its not needed
    - No one is expecting Cena to screw Rock
    - It gives you an unpredicable Rumble winner as the WHC math is so up in the air.

  15. #15
    IV VII XX XIV Ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Corner of 3rd Ave. and Delaware St.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    20,226

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Yep, I definitely feel there is going to be a winner.

  16. #16
    The King of Swing Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sunderland, England
    Age
    22
    Posts
    6,099

    Default Re: *Spoiler* Royal Rumble Winner

    Is this even a spoiler thread?
    - Credit JV -
    My client Gus Poyet broke the streak!!!

  17. #17
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,365

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Now that I think about it I believe this will happen:

    • Dolph Ziggler will win the Royal Rumble
    • He will then be forced to relinquish his MITB Briefcase
    • The MITB briefcase will be put up at WM 29 which will be won by Ryback who will then chase Dolph for the title after WM throughout the summer for the WHC

  18. #18
    Prediction king! Westy316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Now that I think about it I believe this will happen:

    • Dolph Ziggler will win the Royal Rumble
    • He will then be forced to relinquish his MITB Briefcase
    • The MITB briefcase will be put up at WM 29 which will be won by Ryback who will then chase Dolph for the title after WM throughout the summer for the WHC
    That I like that would be fricking awesome!

  19. #19
    Senior Member LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,523

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Now that I think about it I believe this will happen:

    • Dolph Ziggler will win the Royal Rumble
    • He will then be forced to relinquish his MITB Briefcase
    • The MITB briefcase will be put up at WM 29 which will be won by Ryback who will then chase Dolph for the title after WM throughout the summer for the WHC
    And then what happens to the MITB PPV later this year, when there are two more briefcases up for grabs?

    I can't see that happening for the above reason. Also, it would be stupid and unfair to Ziggler - stripping him of it would mean he won the MITB briefcase for no reason.

    surrender

  20. #20
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,352

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Now that I think about it I believe this will happen:

    • Dolph Ziggler will win the Royal Rumble
    • He will then be forced to relinquish his MITB Briefcase
    • The MITB briefcase will be put up at WM 29 which will be won by Ryback who will then chase Dolph for the title after WM throughout the summer for the WHC
    I think Dolph Ziggler winning is a possibility, but he keeps the MITB. He goes after the WHC and then uses the MITB as insurance on the spot to rob the the champion to make the Mania match back to back. Total heel move and Ziggler comes out world champion at Mania.

    However, I think it is best if Cena wins the Rumble and Rock wins the title. Yes, it is predictable to the IWC I agree. The thing about it though it is booking 101. I don't think a swerve for the sake of a swerve is a good idea this time around because it involves two guys who broke records at last year's Mania event. It might be wanted although before we got to this point I would have just went with Taker/Cena.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    I just can't see WWE stripping someone of MITB because they found another road to the title. Edge winning the Gold Rush tournament in 2005 is a strong precedent to back up my point of view.

    ...Not that precedent matters in WWE land.

  22. #22
    The Silver-Tongued Devil DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,998

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Keep I mind that the Raw managing supervisor is a vindictive she-devil, well known for abusing her power, with a bone to pick when it comes to Ziggy. Not saying I believe that WWE would ever actually give Dolph a Rumble win OR take the briefcase off of him. Just that it's within the realm of possibility given the current alignment of certain key characters involved in this situation.

    Remember the BS way Dolph "won" his first World Championship?

    The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

  23. #23
    L.T.D Edition L.T.D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,076

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Could they not have one of the Elimination Chamber matches be for Money In The Bank? Ziggler wins the Rumble and relinquishes it, then Ryback wins the Elimination Chamber to win Money in the Bank which he cashes in before hand to face Ziggler for the World Title at WrestleMania.

    Would be an interesting twist if Ziggler's own Money In The Bank briefcase was used against him to win the title.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Darkmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In the true North - Strong and Free!
    Posts
    6,025

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    I like Stefan's idea. Ziggler has a good chance of winning too. With Cena getting so many victories over Ziggler, it could certainly come down to Ziggler vs. Cena as the last two with Ziggler eliminating Cena. An upset Cena then goes on to cost the Rock a chance at the title.


    Thanks JV for the artwork!!

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Union City, Tennessee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: *Spoiler Well Not Really* Royal Rumble Winner

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhart View Post
    It's gonna be John Cena.

    Why? One. Simple. Reason.

    GIVEN...that The Rock wins the title, it HAS to be Cena. The Rumble winner will get to choose who they face at Wrestlemania. We aren't seeing anything other than Rock/Cena, which I have been trying to avoid accepting for some time now, but all signs point otherwise. If a face wins, they will look like a huge chickenshit and an idiot if they don't choose to face The Rock. Hence, whoever wins the Rumble will face The Rock(assuming he wins the elimination chamber). WWE hasn't given out multiple rumble wins in the past decade and a half, but this year will be different.

    I guarantee it. Hence, the spoiler. Red rep me if I'm wrong.
    I'm pretty sure the rest of the internet figured this out weeks, if not months ago.

    Personally, if they're gonna do a Cena/Rock rematch, then it's probably best Cena wins the Rumble. Because they called their match last year "Once In A Lifetime", and while I realize it was a just a name for hype reasons, it's still logical to say that it was because they intended to only face each other once. But then Cena happens to win the Rumble and Rock just happens to be the WWE Champion, so Cena sees this as a chance to win the belt but also prove he can actually beat the Rock after all in the process. That's more logical than them just randomly coming out and challenging each other again for another match at Mania. It makes them having a rematch make sense while still keeping the logic of their first match being called "Once In A Lifetime" It also raises the stakes of them fighting again, since it's for the WWE Title.

    Also, I want the Rumble winner to actually main event Wrestlemania again. Makes the Rumble actually mean something.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •