Thread: Irony

Banned

Default Irony

Just a small thing I noticed, but if Punk loses the belt on Sunday, it's ironic that the other world champion in the company would be Alberto Del Rio, the very guy Punk defeated to kick off his historical title reign. (Assuming Del Rio retains against Big Show before the Punk/Rock match, of course.) The fact that Del Rio won the belt on Smackdown instead of the Rumble is also probably a clue that Rock is winning at the Rumble, because WWE usually doesn't like switching both world titles on the same show...

Default Re: Irony

I guess . There'd be a lot of little ironic things that could be found if people looked hard enough though. On the topic of the whole WHC match at the rumble, does anyone else think that Ziggler could potentially cash in on either ADR or Big Show and lose, then going on to win the Rumble thus getting his title shot back in a way? That would also be irony in a way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    I guess . There'd be a lot of little ironic things that could be found if people looked hard enough though. On the topic of the whole WHC match at the rumble, does anyone else think that Ziggler could potentially cash in on either ADR or Big Show and lose, then going on to win the Rumble thus getting his title shot back in a way? That would also be irony in a way.
    I think he'll last the longest in the Rumble, but he'll lose the match, maybe be the last guy tossed out actually. I think he'll cash in on Del Rio after he retains in the chamber match, as easy as it is to call that happening. I can imagine him cutting a promo the night after on Raw saying how he'll get to walk into Wrestlemania as world heavyweight champion.

I noticed that too.

Also, Del Rio celebrated with the crowd after his win, just as Punk did when he defeated ADR.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

I think it would be more ironic if Punk lost the title at the show where Del Rio won it.

Ironic.. I woke up at 5 and my birthday is on the 5th..........

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    I think it would be more ironic if Punk lost the title at the show where Del Rio won it.
    Yeah, that'd be more ironic.

You guys keep using this word "irony." I don't think it means what you think it means.
    Spoiler

Anyway, it's a nice little coincidence that Punk's reign may well be coming to an end the same time that Del Rio's is getting off the ground. Combine that with their shifting heel-face orientations, and various other little parallels and whatnot, and you've got yourself a nice little story that, I'm certain, WWE did not intend. But it's neat.

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Irony

Sheamus... big, brawly, Celtic Warrior, modern barbarian feuds with Big Show and loses the World title that he held for most of the year only to very shortly see Del Rio...semi-athletic, average-sized, aristocrat defeat and take the World title from Big Show in a Last Man Standing match...a match type that suits Sheamus's style to a tee.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    You guys keep using this word "irony." I don't think it means what you think it means.
    Spoiler
    Irony and coincidence often mean the same thing.

Also Del Rio defeats Big Show who Sheamus couldn't beat right after Sheamus spends 3 moths dominating Del Rio all summer.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

You're right thedude.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Also Del Rio defeats Big Show who Sheamus couldn't beat right after Sheamus spends 3 moths dominating Del Rio all summer.
    I didn't even think of that.

Oh, WWE

Banned

Also the fact that Brock debuted in the WWE on Raw the night after Wrestlemania 18 in 2002, and he returned to the WWE on Raw exactly ten years later, the night after Wrestlemania 28 in 2012.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Just a small thing I noticed, but if Punk loses the belt on Sunday, it's ironic that the other world champion in the company would be Alberto Del Rio, the very guy Punk defeated to kick off his historical title reign. (Assuming Del Rio retains against Big Show before the Punk/Rock match, of course.) The fact that Del Rio won the belt on Smackdown instead of the Rumble is also probably a clue that Rock is winning at the Rumble, because WWE usually doesn't like switching both world titles on the same show...

Don't be surprised if neither title changes hands. Why? You still have 2 elimination chambers and someone walking around with a MITB briefcase, on top of a recent title chance with Del Rio getting the belt.

Doneski, I'd love to agree with you. I really do. Especially because I think Punk deserves a crooked win over Rock one-on-one before getting destroyed by Rock, Cena, and whoever else at Elimination Chamber. I really think he deserves that much. But I don't see WWE having that kind of patience or continuing to have Rock chase Punk.

I hope you're right. But I feel you'll be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Irony and coincidence often mean the same thing.
    "Irony" is one of the most misused words in the English language, along with "literally."

The Silver-Tongued Devil versus The Ginger King
    PW WrestleMania XI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Doneski, I'd love to agree with you. I really do. Especially because I think Punk deserves a crooked win over Rock one-on-one before getting destroyed by Rock, Cena, and whoever else at Elimination Chamber. I really think he deserves that much. But I don't see WWE having that kind of patience or continuing to have Rock chase Punk.

I hope you're right. But I feel you'll be wrong.

"Irony" is one of the most misused words in the English language, along with "literally."

Well hey if I had a dollar for every time I've been wrong I'd pay off the national debt lol.

Love the irony/literally thing... very true.

Banned

I'd hate for Punk to retain only to lose it at the Chamber anyway. If he wins at the Rumble, I'd assume he's get to walk into Wrestlemania as champion. If he loses before Wrestlemania, losing it at the second biggest PPV of the year (even dubbed The Road To Wrestlemania) in a big one-on-one match with The Rock would be fitting.

Thread Information