Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 29)

Default Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 29)

After thinking about it this is the only logicial match up. I think Cena/Taker should be at Wrestlemania 30 and if Taker decides to retire then he should do the job. Cena has said several times he's in this for the long haul, especially after his divorce. I have no problem seeing that.

However, for THIS YEAR....I don't care what the dirt sheets say about Lesnar's style being too physical for Taker, I think it's gotta happen. HHH needs to sit this one out in my opinion. Put his ego to the side...let the rematch happen at SummerSlam.

This, along with the Rock/Cena II of course, would sell Wrestlemania.

And the WWE production MUST use this to hype up the Mania showdown.

Default Re: Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 29)

Don't know if Vince would want to show viewers his mythical Taker out of character...He's protective of that gimmick. Good match though if it were to happen.

I don't think WWE needs to use that footage for a good buildup for Lesnar vs Taker. Its Undertaker out of character and it wouldn't really work.

As for Undertaker doing the job in his final match, I disagree. Undertaker should never lose at WrestleMania. That's his thing, its how he's gonna be remembered by fans. Imagine how many DVDs the WWE can sell after he retires undefeated at WrestleMania. If he loses at Mania the WWE loses the opportunity to market his undeteated at WM compilation which I am looking forward to owning.

Banner Credit: Spike

I think UT/Brock should be the match at Mania and I stated it since Mania ended last year unless it was going to be Taker/Cena. I'm not too sure about using this footage in the video packages to hype the match though.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Taker is pretty cool in that clip. The bigger question is, is Taker growing his hair back this year or are we getting the shorter do again?

But yeah, I am totally for Taker vs. Brock at WM.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Model View Post
    This, along with the Rock/Cena II of course, would sell Wrestlemania.
    Then what does Punk do?

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Banned

Agree that they shouldn't show that confrontation because Taker is out of character there... Weird for WWE to do that as a way of trying to build hype for the match.

I would love to see this match, because Brock would make a great addition to the streak but with Rock/Cena, where does Punk fit in? He deserve to be in one of the top two matches. The only way I see him fitting in Rock/Cena in a triple threat is if he walks in as champion, and that means beating the Rock at the Rumble, and I don't see that happening.

Well, Ryback still hasn't got a win over CM Punk. Of course, Punk fans won't like the idea of Punk losing at Mania to Ryback.

I also think the company would be more concerned about having the money matches with the draws of Rock, Lesnar, Cena, and Taker over what Punk would do. Not saying it's right, but understandable. Of course, then another question pops up what would HHH be doing?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

Triple H would be a good opponent assuming Punk goes over, which I slightly doubt because it means HHH loses his last three matches. I would still be interested in Punk vowing to end Taker's streak as a way of him saying that after coming off losing his record title reign, he's gonna top it by accomplishing something bigger, and that's taking Taker's streak. It has a nice backstory to it. But I don't wanna see HHH/Brock again, which is sure to happen if Punk gets to fight Taker.

why do people want to see taker vs lesnar so badly...

1) the buildup and promos would be terrible
    2)the outcome would be predictable

although I suppose hhh vs lesnar wouldn't be much better... I'd rather HHH face some rookie like antonio or wade, Lesnar face Sheamus, and taker can face whoever and add another tally for his wrestlemania streak..

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKliq View Post
    2)the outcome would be predictable
    That applies to almost any Undertaker WrestleMania match.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

My dream card right now is Lesnar vs Taker, Rock vs Cena vs Punk, HHH vs The Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    That applies to almost any Undertaker WrestleMania match.
    yes I know.. that is why i would rather see him face someone who I don't care about.

WWE will never use that footage to build up a Brock vs Undertaker match,because Taker never breaks out of character on WWE programming.He doesn't even appear at the HOF induction ceremony.He is backstage of course,but they never show him,because Taker in a suit sitting in the front row would be him breaking kayfabe,something he never does on WWE.If he was to return to his American Badass/Big Evil gimmick,they could use it,but there is no chance of that happening(when they hinted that idea to Vince a few years ago,he rejected it immediately and not very politely).

I go in the camp of saying that the streak should never be broken, but I balance that by saying we don't need Taker at Manaia with his 15 minute entrances to the ring.
    As for Lesnar vs Taker, I can't see it happening, they don't like each other so Lesnar is unlikely to job and there is no way in hell the WWE is going to blow the streak on a part timer with no significant history.

Banned

I'd want HHH/Lesnar, Rock/Cena II , Austin(dont forget about him)/ Punk And Taker can face someone because we know whoever it is, hell beat him.

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

Not sure Taker can take a match this year. He just doesn't look in 'wrestling' shape at all......

Spoiler

Banner by-ThreadKiller

I'm another fan of Taker/Lesnar. They could use the UFC footage. They don't need to show all 2:06 of it...just the 3 seconds where Taker actually says "You wanna do this" to the Lesnar, and the staredown. The rest of it could be blurred with slower, muddy music playing the background.

They don't need that footage, they have their own footage of a great Hell in a Cell match that Lesnar beat Taker in to use should they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by ExOfEx View Post
    Don't know if Vince would want to show viewers his mythical Taker out of character...He's protective of that gimmick. Good match though if it were to happen.
    I know he is hella protective of the gimmick. I remember watching some show on ESPN called E:60 or something. Vince actually let them in during a creative meeting, he let them stay there until it was time to talk about The Undertaker's current angle, and then he kicked them out. And guess what? I don't blame him. It's pretty cool actually. Even with a smarter fanbase today, I think you cans still put Pandora back in it's box by just having the wrestlers stay in character outside the ring. Not all the time, but at least when using twitter, facebook, tout, youtube, or whatever. If they want to make personal accounts, use some random names that only personal friends would know. Guys like Cena and Taker are still pretty interesting because even on mediums like facebook, Cena is in character. NONE of us really know what the real John Cena is like because even out of the ring he is still looking and acting like The Cenation Commander.

If they want to make some money, they're going to go with Brock/Taker to co-headline with Rock/Cena for the WWE Title.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah89 View Post
    I know he is hella protective of the gimmick. I remember watching some show on ESPN called E:60 or something. Vince actually let them in during a creative meeting, he let them stay there until it was time to talk about The Undertaker's current angle, and then he kicked them out. And guess what? I don't blame him. It's pretty cool actually. Even with a smarter fanbase today, I think you cans still put Pandora back in it's box by just having the wrestlers stay in character outside the ring. Not all the time, but at least when using twitter, facebook, tout, youtube, or whatever. If they want to make personal accounts, use some random names that only personal friends would know. Guys like Cena and Taker are still pretty interesting because even on mediums like facebook, Cena is in character. NONE of us really know what the real John Cena is like because even out of the ring he is still looking and acting like The Cenation Commander.
    That is the magic of it all!! Just like the rumors of Heyman, RVD, and Jeff Hardy creating fake accounts on forums to monitor hardcore fans and their feedback. The breaking of the 4th wall went a bit too far as originally I believe in 97-98 it was a way to make the stars more personable and could relate to the audience. An example was Hogan's speech at BATB that incorporated outside the ring stuff that fans knew about from obvious things like Hogan coming from the wwf, fans and stars turning on him, and adjusting to the new generation of wrestling with Hall and Nash at the time.

As for the footage posted by the OP I just don't think the footage is all that dramatic. I think the two cutting a real time promo would do more to create heat. I don't think it would be bad to have Taker admit to the challenge though back in Brock's "UFC days". Whoever finds it online finds it as plenty of people saw it already anyways from the buzz after the event when UFC aired.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Other than vs. Cena, I would most like to see this happen (followed by vs. Punk for Punk's promos on the Deadman alone). These guys always worked great together and I think on a stage like WrestleMania, they could produce something truly spectacular.

For reference, I wrote up a piece on how I want it to go down here. Pimping my own material, yeah.

why do people want to see taker vs lesnar so badly...
    1.) The UFC confrontation that got everybody talking. The hype needs payoff since Lesnar did wind up coming back!

2.) They've had good matches in the past.

3.) Undertaker has never beaten Lesnar before. At least one on one so Lesnar owes him a job in return.

4.) Lesnar deserves to be a streak victim more than Punk.
    It's showtime, folks!

Banned

I wouldn't mind seeing this match as long as Brock doesn't win, he doesn't deserve it.

Thread Information