Thread: Vacating the belt!

Default Vacating the belt!

What if punk gets his tittle stripped from him at the rumble?

He doesn't lose which means he can bitch and moan which would fit into his character and the belt can be put up at the elimination chamber!

And the rock can win it there which is a bit of a twist what do you think?

Banned

Default Re: Vacating the belt!

If Punk gets stripped, they will probably give it to Rock at RR. I doubt Rock will compete in the Chamber. I do think Rock is gonna be Champion after the Rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy316 View Post
    What if punk gets his tittle stripped from him at the rumble?

He doesn't lose which means he can bitch and moan which would fit into his character and the belt can be put up at the elimination chamber!

And the rock can win it there which is a bit of a twist what do you think?
    After all his bragging of the reign, it has to end with somebody beating him resulting in a huge moment and hopefully a hot rematch. Anything less than that would be garbage.

It certainly is a possibility that we hear Punk saying "I was never beat" for a good chunk of 2013. The other option I have thought of is that the WM 29 mainevent is a 3 way with Punk vs. Rock vs. Cena and Cena wins by pinning the Rock. Again Punk can walk around and say "I was never beat."

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Vince said if the Shield interfears then punk is stripped. What about a returning Lesnar? Would set up Rock/Brock perfectly with Punk being in the WWE title match.

All this stipulation has been added for is to provide a logical reason for the Shield not getting involved in the match.

What does it tell us? The Rock is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    All this stipulation has been added for is to provide a logical reason for the Shield not getting involved in the match.

Likely, and my second place vote would go to a returning Brock Lesnar. Heyman must have something up his sleeve.

I don't like the idea of seeing a reign of this length end in a vacated title. I'd rather see an upset (like Santino over Umaga) or quick win like (Diesel over Backlund) than simply seeing Vince come out and say "That's it, you're not champ anymore." That would be very unfulfilling to me.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

As Darkmania said, it's either Rock is winning or Lesnar is interfering.

I'd like the latter because it could mean we get a better WrestleMania card than the one rumored, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Why wouldn't Punk win outright and prove he is really the best in the world? I was thinking Rock would win but now that WWE pulled the red herring of "you have interference you lose the title" that would was always code for Flair keeping the NWA Title clean, I am pretty sure Punk is winning.

When I was younger I liked vacating the title for these stipulations but it has to make sense, be a double pin like the Breakdown match in 98 and not telegraph it by saying you do X, your title is suspended. IMO have it over a legit thing such as injury, suspension or double pins...

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    As Darkmania said, it's either Rock is winning or Lesnar is interfering.

I'd like the latter because it could mean we get a better WrestleMania card than the one rumored, but I'm not holding my breath.
    In agreement on this.

Quote Originally Posted by MKPunk View Post
    Why wouldn't Punk win outright and prove he is really the best in the world? I was thinking Rock would win but now that WWE pulled the red herring of "you have interference you lose the title" that would was always code for Flair keeping the NWA Title clean, I am pretty sure Punk is winning.

When I was younger I liked vacating the title for these stipulations but it has to make sense, be a double pin like the Breakdown match in 98 and not telegraph it by saying you do X, your title is suspended. IMO have it over a legit thing such as injury, suspension or double pins...
    All true as it could still end up with Punk carrying the strap into Mania and lose it in NY/NJ the same area where he won the belt in 2011. The only problem I see with this is that if Rock doesn't dethrone him the drama would not be the same unless it was someone like Taker. Cena would have been good, but I think having the match on ppv just a few months ago hurts its drawing power as some would complain its a rematch. A triple threat is still possible too.

I also think the company only vacates the title if absolutely necessary even in storylines. In 1988 it happened because the title had to come off Hogan in a dubious fashion to keep his heat as he was leaving. On paper I could see why the tourney idea looked good as a follow up to Mania III as there was no way that event was getting topped.

Then 10 years later when Rock got the title at Deadly Games it was to further the Austin/boss angle and really press forward with the WWF Corporate and PR champion over the rattlesnake. It made sense.

With Flair it was done to get the title off Hogan without having him lose to Ric Flair. It was also a way to get the audience to see vintage Flair as the 60 minute man winning the Rumble and title.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 01-24-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Banned

No, it would be a crap way to end Punk's historical reign. Also, what would be the point of stripping him and then putting the belt up for grabs in the chamber match? Punk would still end up getting pinned, and the fact that he could use having to fight several people in the chamber at once as an excuse wouldn't make much of a difference. All The Shield stipulation means is that Rock is either winning, or the casuals get shocked when the match results in interference anyway, but because Heyman calls upon Brock to help Punk retain, setting up Rock/Brock for Wrestlemania.

It's funny 'cause I had the same idea for the Rumble, only Vince tells Punk and Heyman that if ANY WWE employee interferes, they will be fired and Punk will be stripped. The catch is, Brock isn't an employee and thus can't be fired (he got fired when he attacked HHH and only came back because HHH laid down the challenge) and thus Punk can't be stripped either. I would be fine with either scenario because Rock/Brock would mean we're not getting Rock/Cena again, but at the same time, I kinda want to see Rock win the belt again.

Banned

You know what, I do want Rock to be champ, I really do. But what if Punk actually wins by himself? Punk is very talented in the ring, and has some good moves. He's has his title for 400 plus days. It's not like he's not going to fight. Remember at RAW 1000? Punk knocked out Rock with the G.T.S. If he does that at the Rumble, and gets the 3 count, Punk could still be champion at RAW Roulette. We all want Rock to win, (including myself), but don't count out the very talented CM Punk! He could do this.

Punk retains then Triple threat at Mania
    It doesn't get better than that.. Unless we find a way to incorporate bacon.

I like bacon
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

You have to keep in mind what a potential loss might mean for The Rock. He needs momentum going forward, not to mention looking strong. CM Punk CANNOT beat the Rock cleanly. The only way he can win is by cheating or getting help. I would be perfectly fine if Lesnar came and and F5'd The Rock which was followed by a GTS for the win.

I think after Vince sees The Rock's go home show had lower ratings than in weeks past, he is finally going to wake up and realize The Rock is old and boring, and isnt bringing anything fresh to the ring. its the same stuff with this guy as it was 10 years ago, he is boring to me. They will keep the title on Punk and let him get over the rock clean no interference.

I remember Jake The Snake Roberts saying he told the boss that paying close attention to the ratings like that is a mistake because people don't watch it religiously every week like that in terms of the casual audience. That people come and peak to keep updated on the happeneings every now and then. I think a telling sign is the boost Rock caused to the ratings when he was announced returning and the first promo with Punk. For example all that was needed to be said was said in that segment imo. I could be wrong on this, but I can't remember the ratings for RAW the week before Mania being that good either in comparison. Yet, Mania drew huge as its the match itself is where we could tell if people really are interested in terms of casuals.

The IWC looks at the nuances of build ups and so on, but I don't think the masses looks at it the same way. Rock comes back and confronts CM Punk and sees the match is confirmed for the Rumble ppv. The masses knows what the Rumble is about. We shall see on Sunday as I think the match will have tremendous heat, but the Rumble I'm still iffy about. Not the match itself, but how the crowd will react to whoever wins.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I guess I am okay with a heel losing a title due to being stripped of the title. Like I said before part of Punk's gimmick would become him saying "Nobody beat me, Nobody beat me," which would actually be true.

The other thought I had was that maybe SHIELD does interfere with the purpose being for the WWE to show fans that SHIELD is not working for Punk or Heyman and that they are their own independent group. Of course there would be several plot holes in going that way.

The whole idea of a 'reign of terror' is so that is leads to a clean, decisive overcoming of the odds. What point is there in Punk pissing arena after arena off every night if he doesn't get his comeuppance?

The whole idea of a 'reign of terror' is so that is leads to a clean, decisive overcoming of the odds. What point is there in Punk pissing arena after arena off every night if he doesn't get his comeuppance?
    I totally get what you are saying however my guess is that CM Punk will win the belt back sometime in 2013, and the reign of terror will continue. Punk is dominant again for awhile, and then someone, not a returning veteran with a limited schedule like the Rock, but someone on the current roster who would benefit from a huge victory like beating a dominant WWE champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    In agreement on this.

All true as it could still end up with Punk carrying the strap into Mania and lose it in NY/NJ the same area where he won the belt in 2011. The only problem I see with this is that if Rock doesn't dethrone him the drama would not be the same unless it was someone like Taker. Cena would have been good, but I think having the match on ppv just a few months ago hurts its drawing power as some would complain its a rematch. A triple threat is still possible too.

I also think the company only vacates the title if absolutely necessary even in storylines. In 1988 it happened because the title had to come off Hogan in a dubious fashion to keep his heat as he was leaving. On paper I could see why the tourney idea looked good as a follow up to Mania III as there was no way that event was getting topped.

Then 10 years later when Rock got the title at Deadly Games it was to further the Austin/boss angle and really press forward with the WWF Corporate and PR champion over the rattlesnake. It made sense.

With Flair it was done to get the title off Hogan without having him lose to Ric Flair. It was also a way to get the audience to see vintage Flair as the 60 minute man winning the Rumble and title.
    Yeah but the title strip was never telegraphed like that. It would always be the aftereffects of an action and not pre-emptive. Andre wins title from Hogan in dubious measures then tries to sell the title to DiBiase. The title was then stripped from Andre because Andre couldn't sell the title. In 1991, Taker and Hogan traded the title at Survivor Series and Tuesday In Texas when they beat each other through nefarious means. In 1998, Austin was beat by Kane & Taker at the same time. In 1999, McMahon vacated the title because he didn't want to be in the Six-Pack at Unforgiven after beating Triple H.

If you look at that logic, it made sense. I don't see Punk losing the title because the Shield interfere. I see Punk losing clean or Rock losing clean. Anytime that kind of stipulation is made, it normally does not happen except for the Christian incident at 2011's Money In the Bank or it was in TNA where DQ title changes were common place. To me, it is a red herring that it wont happen.

Yeah none of those situations were telegraphed. I just used the booking reasons for the stripping of the titles. I agree I don't see Punk getting stripped either. Stripping Punk would get heel heat somewhat although I don't see how many fans who casually watch would not cheer for it since the guy has been cheating left and right to keep the title since HIAC.

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

I'm kind of surprised by the number of us wanting to see Punk lose because "it's stale". The first part of his reign was as a face, pipebombing the Universe into crapping their pants with glee. Then, he sticks it to the Rock, tells Lawler how it is and goes heel. Frankly, you don't get lengthy reigns these days, especially ones with a guy that goes face and heel during it. I'm not saying Punk should be champ forever, but how has his reign been boring enough to warrant a change right now? If it's to set-up the Mania card, that's inevitable, but to change "just because" is nonsense.

Thread Information