Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania

Default *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Regarding WrestleMania

- WWE officials continue to discuss Ryback vs. Big Show for WrestleMania 29. They are also talking about doing a Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania with Ryback in it.

Credit: Steve Carrier at nodq
    PWInsider.com is reporting there have been talks about bringing back a Money In The Bank match to WrestleMania this year.

The report states the talks have came up and Ryback's name has been discussed as a leading candidate to win the briefcase if the match was to take place. Ryback has also still been linked to possibly having a match with Big Show at WrestleMania 29.

Credit: WZ
    Something has been missing from WM and we all know what it is: Money in the Bank. This would be a great idea if the brought this match back with the interpromotional aspect -- meaning the winner of the match can cash in on either the WWE or World Heavyweight Champion. If Ryback is scheduled to win this might be the year to have him cash in by the end of the night at Wrestlemania.

Guys I'd like to see in this match: Ryback, Big Show, Kofi Kingston, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Christian, Cesaro, Gabriel.

Default Re: MITB Rumored for WM 29

Hope not. MITB is lazy booking for WrestleMania. Wouldn't mind the match with Show though.

I just want guys like Cesaro, Barrett, Kofi to have time to be in a meaningful match at WM. Kofi has been screwed in the last two WMs with ridiculous tag team matches.

Unlikely since the released PPV schedule for 2013 had the MitB PPV on it, and while things can change why would they? It's working fine as its own event.

Not to mention Ziggler would need to cash his briefcase in before then or things will just get messy.

Since MITB is going to be at Philly this year, i don't mind if they don't show it at Mania ... Ryback again, wow. This guy is getting more title chances than Del Rio (and that's saying something).

ALso, agreed that current briefcase holders should case in before the next briefcases are hung up, or else it'll all get too confusing.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Hope not. MITB is lazy booking for WrestleMania. Wouldn't mind the match with Show though.
    A 14 man tag isn't lazy booking?

There's always going to be some huge multi-man match at Mania to get more people on the card. MITB is probably the most meaningful way to do it.

Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Heteroflexible View Post
    Unlikely since the released PPV schedule for 2013 had the MitB PPV on it, and while things can change why would they? It's working fine as its own event.

Not to mention Ziggler would need to cash his briefcase in before then or things will just get messy.
    They could always do a MITB match at Mania for the WWE or World title and then do a seperate MITB match at the MITB PPV for the other title.

And Mr. Ziggles needs to cash in by Mania anyway. That's the stipulation. Come to think of it, Cena was the first guy to cash in and lose. Could Ziggler be the first guy to never cash in? Could it be he waits too long and by the time Mania rolls around, he just never gets a good opportunity?

I think Ziggler will cash in on Sunday. Think about it: Last Man Standing. Del Rio and Show could possibly both fail to answer the 10 count. This could give Ziggy the opportunity to cash in on Del Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    They could always do a MITB match at Mania for the WWE or World title and then do a seperate MITB match at the MITB PPV for the other title.

And Mr. Ziggles needs to cash in by Mania anyway. That's the stipulation. Come to think of it, Cena was the first guy to cash in and lose. Could Ziggler be the first guy to never cash in? Could it be he waits too long and by the time Mania rolls around, he just never gets a good opportunity?

Come on, man. He would cash in whenever the champion was in the ring if it's down to the last day.

Ziggler is cashing in on Sunday. Then at the Elimination Chamber WWE can have him retain if they want or take the title off him without making him look weak since there's 5 other guys in the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    I think Ziggler will cash in on Sunday. Think about it: Last Man Standing. Del Rio and Show could possibly both fail to answer the 10 count. This could give Ziggy the opportunity to cash in on Del Rio.
    Way too early for Del Rio to lose the title though.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer of Punk View Post

Come on, man. He would cash in whenever the champion was in the ring if it's down to the last day.
    But think about it like this. It comes down to mania and in the main event, the champion is still left standing. Zigs comes down with his MITB case and wants to cash in but being the chickensh!t heel that he is, he doesn't want to face a healthy champion and is conflicted. He's got the contract but he doesn't have an advantage.

But think about it like this. It comes down to mania and in the main event, the champion is still left standing. Zigs comes down with his MITB case and wants to cash in but being the chickensh!t heel that he is, he doesn't want to face a healthy champion and is conflicted. He's got the contract but he doesn't have an advantage.
    First of all, the title shot doesn't expire at Wrestlemania.

Secondly, he's a chickenshit heel, not a fucking idiot. He's seriously not going to have a match with the champion for the fucking title just because he's a chickenshit heel?

Think before you post next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    Ziggler is cashing in on Sunday. Then at the Elimination Chamber WWE can have him retain if they want or take the title off him without making him look weak since there's 5 other guys in the match.
    Or,Del Rio retains on Sunday,manages to survive the EC,but after he had to face 5 guys Dolph cashes in and wins the WHC.Then Del Rio invokes his rematch clause for 'Mania.At EC they can also set up the Ryback vs Show match,with Ryback eliminating Show and the giant knocking out Ryback before he exits,costing him the match.

Ziggler wins the Rumble, and challenges the World Champion at Mania. At Mania the World Title match opens the show and Del Rio defeats Ziggler. In rage Ziggler destroys his MITB briefcase.

The main-event is whatever the WWE Championship match will be which Cena will win. As Cena celebrates, Ziggler comes out saying earlier in the night his World Title match was not him cashing in his Royal Rumble ticket but his MITB contract, thus why he destroyed the briefcase. He then beats an exhausted Cena for the WWE Title.

Ziggler wins the Rumble, and challenges the World Champion at Mania. At Mania the World Title match opens the show and Del Rio defeats Ziggler. In rage Ziggler destroys his MITB briefcase.

The main-event is whatever the WWE Championship match will be which Cena will win. As Cena celebrates, Ziggler comes out saying earlier in the night his World Title match was not him cashing in his Royal Rumble ticket but his MITB contract, thus why he destroyed the briefcase. He then beats an exhausted Cena for the WWE Title.
    That's an amazing idea. I never would've thought of that.

That's pretty clever, but Ziggler getting this kind of rub I don't know. Plus, the company wouldn't like that ending for Mania.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

First of all, the title shot doesn't expire at Wrestlemania.

Secondly, he's a chickenshit heel, not a fucking idiot. He's seriously not going to have a match with the champion for the fucking title just because he's a chickenshit heel?

Think before you post next time.
    1) I thought it expired at Mania. When does it expire?

2) When it does expire, I could clearly see him chickening out depending on who holds the title. He's attempted to cash it in how many times now, only to puss out? Imagine if it came down to the last day the contract is valid and a guy like Show has the title and is not in a vulnerable position or the Champ is the leader of The Shield and they are in the ring with him. Zigs failing to cash in would actually be interesting. He waited too long and pissed away his shot. It's not that difficult to comprehend.

Get an imagination before you post next time!

Only the MITB contracts won at Mania expired at the next Mania. The MITB contracts won at the PPV last until the following June.

Banned

This idea doesn't gel with how I would book the undercard. But given how poorly WWE manages time at Mania, this is probably not a terrible way to get some semi-important midcard guys on the card.

That said, I'm over MITB. The ladder match is fun, but the rules regarding cash-ins should have been refined by now. The returns for those cash-in moments are diminishing, and it's casting a huge shadow over a lot of PPV world title matches. I can live without it.

Banned

The contract expires a full year after he wins it. He won it in July.

And if it comes down to the last day and the Champ is not in a vulnerable spot, then you just cash in regularly. It's still a title shot.

I dont think the briefcases expire anymore. I remember JBL saying something in response to Josh Matthews on Smackdown that Ziggler could hold onto the briefcase for 3 years if he wanted to before cashing in. Might have been said in passing and JBL didn't think it through, or maybe it was WWE's way of saying they no longer enforce the time limit. I can't recall anyone saying anything about the holder needing to cash in before a certain date for a while.

But if the time limit is still in effect, I would imagine it'd expire the night of this year's MITB PPV and not Wrestlemania.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    The contract expires a full year after he wins it. He won it in July.

And if it comes down to the last day and the Champ is not in a vulnerable spot, then you just cash in regularly. It's still a title shot.
    Ok, assuming it expires in July (I think I remember what jwriter mentioned but anyway) if it came down to the last day that the contract was valid, what if Ziggler were in a no win situation? That's what I was trying to suggest. He has tried to cash it in before, only to change his mind because he knew the odds were against him. If it came down to the last day the MITB was valid and the reigning champion were a healthy Ryback or Show or part of a stable like The Shield and he just chickened out because he was afraid of them, it would make for a good story and it would fit his heel persona. He just never got the timing right for it to make sense for him to cash in.

Save Us

Why not have Ziggler win the Rumble, and then either cash in the case before the match at Mania (meaning, the champ has to pin him twice) or have him lose the match, then cash in, giving him an immediate rematch.
    "I'd like to apologize to the people. I've bet on wrestling." Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    PSN ID: Jessd76

Currently playing:
    Gran Turismo 6
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Call of Duty: Ghosts

Ok, assuming it expires in July (I think I remember what jwriter mentioned but anyway) if it came down to the last day that the contract was valid, what if Ziggler were in a no win situation? That's what I was trying to suggest. He has tried to cash it in before, only to change his mind because he knew the odds were against him. If it came down to the last day the MITB was valid and the reigning champion were a healthy Ryback or Show or part of a stable like The Shield and he just chickened out because he was afraid of them, it would make for a good story and it would fit his heel persona. He just never got the timing right for it to make sense for him to cash in.
    What in the name of fuck does this do for anyone? The only thing it does is make Ziggler look like the biggest pussy in the world. He wouldn't look like a heel. He would look like a pussy. Your idea accomplishes absolutely nothing and quite frankly it's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard in my life.

What in the name of fuck does this do for anyone? The only thing it does is make Ziggler look like the biggest pussy in the world. He wouldn't look like a heel. He would look like a pussy. Your idea accomplishes absolutely nothing and quite frankly it's one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever heard in my life.
    He's a chickenshit heel. He's already pussed out of matches where he attempted to cash it in and then changed his mind! Pay attention. What does it accomplish? Well, One, it further establishes his character as a chickenshit heel. Two, it drives a story in a way we haven't seen before. You know, something different.

If you actually read my previous posts I had offered a scenario where it comes down to his last day with the case and his only chance to cash in would be to face f#cking gang like a (fill in the blank) champion with the Shield backing him up. Sure, he looks kind of like a puss for not cashing in but at the same time, it's a no win situation. He can't win the title if the shield is just going to interfere and DQ the match. So, why get his ass kicked? Then you have a storyline where he's kicking himself and regretting not actually cashing in all the times he tried to cash in and then backed out.

Thread Information