Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Shield and Their Leader...

Default The Shield and Their Leader...

It's too easy for the WWE to say CM Punk is behind The Shield. After watching the backstage segment with Vince I'm more convinced than ever that CM Punk will not be revealed as being behind the groups constant attacks.

There's only two names likely to be behind The Shield. After tonight, there's only one:

John Cena.

Look at the list of guys that have been brutally attacked by The Shield: Randy Orton, Sheamus, Team Hell No, Ryback, The Miz and now The Rock. The Shield has put their hands on John Cena, but they've never included him on their list of those guilty of injustice. But here's the question: Why would Cena be behind this group? Well it's possible WWE can play up the angle that the way fans treat Cena is in fact injustice. Injustice is defined as follows: unjust or unfair action or treatment. That's John Cena. Also, why would The Shield go after the names I mentioned and what does that have to do with Cena? All of those guys are fan favorites -- guys that Cena could view as threats to "his spot."

What does this all mean? Vince said that if The Shield interferes CM Punk will be stripped of the WWE Title. What if Vince puts the WWE Title up at the Royal Rumble Match or weeks later at the Elimination Chamber Match? That's the perfect time to have The Shield help Cena win the Royal Rumble and the title or win the chamber match. All along we thought it would be Rock vs. Cena for the title with Rock going in as champion. Why does that have to be the case? Cena could very well go in as champion with The Shield at his side against Rock.

What about CM Punk? This would endear fans to CM Punk. He would have been telling the truth all along. And the best part about this is that Punk's reign would end without him getting beat for the title. What about WM 29 and CM Punk? Well what if Paul Heyman was organizing with Cena and The Shield all along. How about CM Punk versus Brock Lesnar at WM since Brock is a "Heyman" guy.

This idea is far fetched. I know. But it's a possibility. John Cena needs to turn heel this year. WWE has enough babyfaces to carry the load while he's being a heel.

Default Re: The Shield and Their Leader...

Actually not far fetched at all since I thought someone would have said this in the other Shield thread. The idea would work. I just don't think they have the right babyface to balance Cena turning heel yet. If Rock was full time Cena would much more likely turn heel.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Yeah I've been thinking lately if anyone controls the Shield, it's Cena.

I love your other idea though, Shield interferes, Punk is stripped and the Rumble is made for the title. Cena wins it and this leads to the triple-threat at WrestleMania.

Has Cena ever addressed The Shield in a promo? I don't think so. If this happens this would be the best idea WWE has had in a long, long time. This isn't a slight either to WWE booking.

Not a bad idea, If WWE want to turn Cena heel then I belive this is a great idea to go with, but I dont think WWE is creative enough for that.

This is actually a really good idea to turn Cena to heel and its not to hard to believe either If they are going to turn cena heel in the near future this would be the perfect way but I don't think the WWE creative team will go for it and if they do they probably will turn him back to a face.
    YouTube:NeonTri

Shield's debut was attacking Ryback and watching Punk pin Cena, I know logic isn't something that is synonymous with wrestling but it wouldn't make sense.

I think it's Heyman behind Punk's back, same with Maddox and Lesnar...both of whom I see interfering in the Punk/Rock match this Sunday.

Back for the first time. T-Money's Avatar

The Shield helped Punk retain against Cena and Ryback at Survivor Series.

How would you guys explain that then in case if Cena really were to turn out as the leader?

Personally I like them as the trio they are, why give more importance to already established stars and make these guys seem like lackeys. Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns are over now and that would bring them down in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Money View Post
    The Shield helped Punk retain against Cena and Ryback at Survivor Series.

How would you guys explain that then in case if Cena really were to turn out as the leader?

Personally I like them as the trio they are, why give more importance to already established stars and make these guys seem like lackeys. Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns are over now and that would bring them down in my opinion.
    Cena sweated Ryback, he didn't sweat Punk. He could just say something to that effect.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Banned

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Salty View Post
    Shield's debut was attacking Ryback and watching Punk pin Cena, I know logic isn't something that is synonymous with wrestling but it wouldn't make sense.

I think it's Heyman behind Punk's back, same with Maddox and Lesnar...both of whom I see interfering in the Punk/Rock match this Sunday.
    This is the problem, but if Russo was at the helm this wouldn't matter lol.

As for the second sentence I think that is more likely and if Punk does retain I could see Lesnar being the reason.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Two flaws with this, cena will never be a heel, just not going to happen as he makes to much money as a face and he will never really be a credible heel with his gimmick. And I can't see them turning punk face any time soon which is the likely outcome of your scenario.

He about this for a left field idea:

Brad Maddox is the man behind the shield as the shield have attacked most of the people that Maddox has been squashed by. Maddox is apparently a HHH guy, and if HHH is pushing him this could be the perfect way to get him over. Now I know it sounds a little far fetched but in all honesty it makes a hell of a lot more sense than Cena being behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Westy316 View Post
    He about this for a left field idea:

Brad Maddox is the man behind the shield as the shield have attacked most of the people that Maddox has been squashed by. Maddox is apparently a HHH guy, and if HHH is pushing him this could be the perfect way to get him over. Now I know it sounds a little far fetched but in all honesty it makes a hell of a lot more sense than Cena being behind it
    Someone else brought that up awhile ago on here. Unless I remembered wrong, I'm pretty sure Khali was never attacked by The Shield so that throws it off a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
    Someone else brought that up awhile ago on here. Unless I remembered wrong, I'm pretty sure Khali was never attacked by The Shield so that throws it off a little bit.
    Even three on one I wouldn't fancy attacking khali, the guy is enormous, awfull wrestler but freakishly strong.

But all that aside, does there have to be a leader behind the scenes of the shield I think the fact they are own their own legitamises their characters if they were just doing it at the whim of some "bigger" star in time they would just become stooges.

BITTER COLT CABANA!!!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Is there a different kind of Colt Cabana?

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    Is there a different kind of Colt Cabana?
    There used to be.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

They could be lying, but I'm pretty sure The Shield's promo said they don't have a leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post

No.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Joe L. again."

In all seriousness. The Shield being controlled by John Cena? Why? How? Since when has John Cena ever really seen the fans reaction to him as injustice?

Just....just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    I'll be honest, I'll probably chant CM Punk in Brooklyn again.

I'm a follower.

This will stay in my sig until John Cena vs. The Rock----THRICE AS NICE. Or until I don't think it's funny anymore.

I like to think that Triple H or Vince McMahon are behind the Shield.

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

If it happens, I'm owning it because I called it last week in an entirely other thread.

But it probably won't.

I never get to be right, just ask my wife.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

WWE has several options on the leader which could make the angle even bigger and better. The best way to narrow down the possibilities on the leader is to figure out who they have not brutally attacked. Those options would be John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Vince (longshot).

The reason I'm leaning towards Cena is due to WWE's movement toward turning more guys babyface -- The Miz, Del Rio -- to name a few. There was even a report about WWE thinking about turning Ziggler face. All those face turns would make more sense if WWE was planning on turning Cena heel. I realize coming up with an idea of Cena to turn heel is like coming up with new ways to cut spending in Washington -- you just don't go there. But Cena's at that point in his career where he needs a change in his character in order to get more longevity out of it. This is similar to what happened to Hogan before he turned heel. There's definite dollar signs if WWE turns Cena heel for two reasons: 1) the intrigue it will put on the whole product, 2) the boost it will give the new faces of the company by working with a heel Cena.

Why do you think that Vince is a long shot?

Also, a heel turn for Cena would be monumental imo and attaching it to the Shield could be a genius move. I just think that WWE wants to preserve the Cena charater as an consummate face.

Brad Maddox is behind Shield.

he's Brad Maddox after all

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Brad Maddox is apart of the upcoming swerve involving Paul Heyman.

Thread Information