Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jake robets and scott hall maybe hall of fame

Question jake robets and scott hall maybe hall of fame

credit pwinsider

There was a rumor recently going around WWE that Scott Hall and Jake Roberts were under consideration for induction into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, likely because of their recent training with Diamond Dallas Page. The report states that Page may have been the one to suggest the idea to WWE.
    We noted before how Hall could be inducted with The Kliq, if they go in. It wasn't clear which group was getting more internal consideration - DX or The Kliq, but both were at least discussed.

An induction for Hall or Roberts is not confirmed and it's said that Roberts would be more likely than Hall to go in by himself. At the same time, Hall would have the support of guys like Shawn Michaels and others.

Default Re: jake robets and scott hall maybe hall of fame

Why would The Kliq be inducted into the Hall of Fame? What a ridiculous report, they were never actually an on air group...

He could be inducted in with the NWO some day, which to me would be Hogan, Hall and Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.D View Post
    Why would The Kliq be inducted into the Hall of Fame? What a ridiculous report, they were never actually an on air group...

He could be inducted in with the NWO some day, which to me would be Hogan, Hall and Nash.
    Agree with this. Would be very strange if The Kliq went in together...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeki View Post
    Agree with this. Would be very strange if The Kliq went in together...
    Especially since Michaels is already in. They're not going to induct him again with the rest of the Kliq, and Triple H is going to have a seperate induction some day too. Makes no sense.

When Hall does go in, like LTD I think it will either be with NWO....or as The Outsiders with Nash.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

Personally I think both guys are deserving of a place in there on their own, especially Jake. I think of Scott doesn't go in on his own someday then he will with the NWO or as Miss HHH said as The Outsiders with Nash.

Hey yo...Scott Hall was the coolest guy in wrestling. One of my personally favorites to watch. His move set was awesome, my brother used to give me the Razors Edge when we were younger. The gold chains, the strut and his theme in WWE was badass.

Jake Roberts is one of my favorites as well and I think both guys should get in over Bundy at this point.

Banner Credit: Spike

Induct Nash and Hall as the Outsiders.

We could have a half way decent HoF if we get:

- Mick Foley (inducted be either Terry Funk or The Rock)
    - Jake Roberts (inducted by Ricky Steamboat or Ted DiBiase, or who?)
    - Scott Hall (inducted by Shawn Michaels)
    - Kevin Nash (inducted by Triple H)
    - DDP (inducted by Jay Leno if they can get him, or Michael Hayes?)
    - Sable (inducted by the Divas or Stephanie?)
    - Bob Backlund (inducted by Bret Hart?)
    Last edited by Stefan; 01-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Hall and Roberts are as deserving of Hall of Fame honors as many of the current members already in.
    Hall's career will forever be linked to the success of the ladder match and the revolutionary forming of the NWO.
    Roberts was one of the few guys that could spellbind the audience and hold us in his hand. I know he wasn't ever champ, but to me it's almost a credit to him that he wasn't. He didn't need a belt as on his own he was a credible draw. What a great ring psychologist!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Induct Nash and Hall as the Outsiders.

We could have a half way decent HoF if we get:

- Mick Foley (inducted be either Terry Funk or The Rock)
    - Jake Roberts (inducted by Ricky Steamboat or Ted DiBiase, or who?)
    - Scott Hall (inducted by Shawn Michaels)
    - Kevin Nash (inducted by Triple H)
    - DDP (inducted by Jay Leno if they can get him, or Michael Hayes?)
    - Sable (inducted by the Divas or Stephanie?)
    - Bob Backlund (inducted by Bret Hart?)
    I think Sean Waltman should induct Hall and HBK should induct Nash. Not sure about Roberts... Maybe Austin? And it would be hilarious if Marc Mero inducted Sable.

Jake should be inducted by Steamboat.

According to DDP, Roberts has been doing very well on his road to recovery, so if he can stay sober I'm sure he will get his day at the HOF pretty soon.

As for Scott Hall, that's a tough one. Many think he deserves to be in the HOF. However, until Hall has for sure beaten his addictions he will not get into the HOF. It's just way to risky for WWE to book him for the show, and then he no shows, shows up intoxicated, or whatever else he might do. Not to mention the PR nightmare that Hall could cause if he were to show up for the show intoxicated and they still put him on.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

The Kliq werent on air but everyone knows they exist and if you think the Kliq solidified the 90's They were foundation of DX and NWO. Nothing says that the unit has to be online wrestling teams.

I think Hall should be inducted in some way He's had and extensive career.

Jake Roberts not as much but would be cool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzmSQ49oWk
    The Master Builder - Jakob22, Presents - My Sins -

Franchise&GCBRollinITBack Franchise's Avatar

While Hall and Nash should definitely go in, I don't see any reason why HBK and Triple H need to go in at the same time, especially for the "kliq". That's like inducting Val Venis in with Chris Jericho one day because they were car-sharing driving buddies. HBK is already there and Triple H will no doubt get there too.

If HOF helps to make these guys get rehabbed then all the better. Hall should go in for just Razor Ramone alone. The HOF will run out of people if they induct the groups before the singles. Nash should enter as solo first too. Just follow the path that was set by Ric Flair.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

They both deserve it.

Hall could get in for his several IC championship runs as Razor Ramon, alone not to mention his role in the original NWO.

He's got to be a first ballot name.

And Jake is still one of those names where people who haven't ever really been fans have still probably heard of the name Jake the Snake before.

Maybe the best promo man to never win the world title, easy candidate for HOF IMO.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

I didn't see Vince's post above mine, which pretty much says the same thing I said about Hall.

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    I didn't see Vince's post above mine, which pretty much says the same thing I said about Hall.
    I have nothing else to add to what you said, but I just wanted to say cool banner/username. Bad News Brown had what I think was the best name ever for a finisher, the Ghettoblaster.
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

I am fan of both Roberts and Hall, but my goodness I am not sure if either could do a coherent speech at this point in their lives.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

What up?

I'm a little bit concerned that the intention of inducting Hall/Roberts is, sadly, to ensure that they're alive to see their own enshrinement...
    I got em waiting on the news like Iím Cronkite

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan M.D. View Post
    I'm a little bit concerned that the intention of inducting Hall/Roberts is, sadly, to ensure that they're alive to see their own enshrinement...
    My thinking was "Quick, they're on the wagon for now, let's get them in while they're still sober enough to show up and make a speech!"

"I like cake."

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    If HOF helps to make these guys get rehabbed then all the better. Hall should go in for just Razor Ramone alone. The HOF will run out of people if they induct the groups before the singles. Nash should enter as solo first too. Just follow the path that was set by Ric Flair.
    Exactly. Looking at people who already are in the HOF, Roberts, Hall, & Nash are all deserving of individual inductions. Then a few years down the line, they could always induct the groups...esp the years where they might be lacking star power. Besides, HHH needs his own individual induction before any group of his could go in (like Flair)

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

I might be alone on this, but I truly feel the WWE should have never started inducting 'groups'. For example, as big a fan as I am of the Four Horsemen, they should have been inducted seperately. There are so many guys who were apart of so many fantastic groups, that these guys keep getting inducted over and over again.

A Hall of Fame shuld be built on what you did as an individual, not as part of a group.

But then again, the WWE HOF to me is not necassarily a joke, but isn't a true HOF. I get why they induct celebrities, but when they are getting in over guys who laid the foundation and risk their entire lives to be apart of the WWE, that is laughable.

Kudos to Bruno for holding out as long as he has. And I hope he doesn't change his mind.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

Quote Originally Posted by RINGKING View Post
    I might be alone on this, but I truly feel the WWE should have never started inducting 'groups'. For example, as big a fan as I am of the Four Horsemen, they should have been inducted seperately. There are so many guys who were apart of so many fantastic groups, that these guys keep getting inducted over and over again.

A Hall of Fame shuld be built on what you did as an individual, not as part of a group.

But then again, the WWE HOF to me is not necassarily a joke, but isn't a true HOF. I get why they induct celebrities, but when they are getting in over guys who laid the foundation and risk their entire lives to be apart of the WWE, that is laughable.

Kudos to Bruno for holding out as long as he has. And I hope he doesn't change his mind.
    I have to agree, I'm not a big fan of the group inductions. I think some guys getting inducted numerous times seems a bit silly.
    Last edited by Miss HHH; 01-21-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig and av.

I am also against group inductions. Unfortunately the induction of the Four Hoursemen is likely going to result in many more stable inductions in the future.

True, with the revolving door of membership that the Horsemen had, how do you not induct the NWO as a group? That would give Hogan, Hennig, (others?) a double membership like Flair. Also, weren't these groups just a part of what made the performer a Hall of Famer? To me inducting groups is like putting a whole team in when a player gets in like putting the 49ers in the NFL Hall when Joe Montana was inducted. They didn't do that. Yeah, being in that group may have enhanced the career of the wrestler, but the group's relevance is dependent on it's membership as well.

Thread Information