Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Ya Smell What The Shield Is Coookin!

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Default If Ya Smell What The Shield Is Coookin!

Alright, so I've been going over several different scenarios about this road to Wrestlemania, and no matter how much I don't like it, all signs seem to keep pointing to Cena/Rock pt 2.

Now I don't really want that match but I've been trying to think of ways WWE can give us a completely different bout this year than the one from last year and then it hit me, what if Rock plays the heel this time?

Rock will still be likely cheered over Cena anyway, but at least the heel thing would give Cena a fighting chance in terms of crowd reaction and it could also be a chance for WWE to give us one of the best swerves in a long time....The Rock has controlled The Shield all along, and it would be revealed by having them help Rock win the title at the Rumble!

Now if anyone else has already called this, kudos and must have missed it, but that could be pretty damn great and it makes sense.

Ever since they've debuted, The Shield has protected CM Punk and more importantly his title reign in every single match, and how cool would it be if they were doing it to save his reign for Rock to break it?

Rock and The Shield could run over everyone for the next two months leading to Mania where they would ultimately be defeated by John Cena.

This would give Rock the opportunity to work with several others on the next few months because of how many guys the Shield has screwed over in the past.

This storyline would also hail the return of the great Hollywood heel version of the Rock which everybody loved and we haven't seen in 10 years.

Overall I like this idea a lot better than the plain Cena/Rock face vs face match that we're all expecting, but its definitely not perfect, especially since it leaves Punk in a weird spot, which isn't an impossible fix but its a difficult one considering how much of an ass hole heel he's been lately.

So with all that, I don't really think it will happen bit its certainly a possibility, and potentially a fun storyline, what do you guys think?

Shout out to Bender for the Bad Ass Bad News Banner!

Default Re: If Ya Smell What The Shield Is Coookin!

Not a BAD idea at all

I'm sure WWE has something planned in order to make Cena/Rock different from last year. This could be one way to go.

Banned

People would never boo him no matter how hard Rock and WWE tried to make them, so why bother? Even in 2003, when Rock didn't have the legendary status that he's reached now, people still wanted to cheer him so bad that they couldn't keep his heel run going more than a couple of months. I also think it's laughable that Rock would need the Shield to help him win the belt from Punk or anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    People would never boo him no matter how hard Rock and WWE tried to make them, so why bother? Even in 2003, when Rock didn't have the legendary status that he's reached now, people still wanted to cheer him so bad that they couldn't keep his heel run going more than a couple of months. I also think it's laughable that Rock would need the Shield to help him win the belt from Punk or anyone.
    The fact that Rock wouldn't be booed doesn't matter, its about creating the most entertaining story possible.

Heel Rock with Shield behind him would be wildly entertaining andnit would also serve as a way to make hid opponents look stronger this time around too by having the Rock need help to win.

And there have been plenty of strong faces that have turned heel Hogan in 96 Undertaker in 98 and Austin 01.

I honestly was hoping to see a picture of The Shield with chef hats and smocks on when I opened this page ...
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 2: We Are The Champions
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BadNewsFan View Post
    The fact that Rock wouldn't be booed doesn't matter, its about creating the most entertaining story possible.

Heel Rock with Shield behind him would be wildly entertaining andnit would also serve as a way to make hid opponents look stronger this time around too by having the Rock need help to win.

And there have been plenty of strong faces that have turned heel Hogan in 96 Undertaker in 98 and Austin 01.
    Not to downplay Punk as a threat, but he's not the kind of guy Rock should have help beating. It's like Batista needing help beating Christian.

And I don't want to see a heel turn if it's just gonna flop by having people not boo the guy. It was the thing that killed Austin's heel run in 2001 and makes him wish he never would have turned in the first place. (I found it entertaining personally, but most others didn't, and business dropped off at that time.)

No!!! The Shield's leader is Bitter Colt Cabana, who will reveal himself sometime in the future.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Banned

Not to downplay Punk as a threat, but he's not the kind of guy Rock should have help beating. It's like Batista needing help beating Christian.

And I don't want to see a heel turn if it's just gonna flop by having people not boo the guy. It was the thing that killed Austin's heel run in 2001 and makes him wish he never would have turned in the first place. (I found it entertaining personally, but most others didn't, and business dropped off at that time.)
    I swear Punk could hold on to the belt for four years running, and because he's not 6'4 300 lbs. some people won't buy him as a champion or a favorite in a match against a heavyweight.

not bad i kinda have the same deal with different twists in my storylines and RRumble predictions. BUt I like what have Punk ain't losing either way... hahahahaha. ~rock'on .. GTS4life.

If it means a different dynamic for Rock/Cena (which I wish we didn't have to see again), then I'm all for it. Then again, I think that feud could be better even with the slight tweak that is Cena saying something other than, "I'm here, you're not," every week for a month. Either way, give us something different.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkmanDan76 View Post
    not bad i kinda have the same deal with different twists in my storylines and RRumble predictions. BUt I like what have Punk ain't losing either way... hahahahaha. ~rock'on .. GTS4life.

The jabroni banning, troll canning, thread locking, always shocking. See a
    troll, don't worry I got him. Right after giving his candy ass a Lock Bottom.

@thepwforum

While I have heard much worse ideas, I don't like the Shield having a leader at all. I want them to stand on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I don't think the idea would be that he needed The Shield's help to beat Punk, but more that he didn't want to face Ryback. The Shield attack Orton because before Orton The Rock was the only 3rd generation star in WWE. I don't know.

If The Rock was a heel, it wouldn't matter if he thought he needed The Shield's help to beat the best in the world, that's what heels do. That only applies if he remains a face, but we are talking about him turning heel and that's what heels do....he used Mr.McMahon's help to beat Hogan when he was face.

It would be the perfect way to end Punk's reign I think, but it won't happen. The more I think about it though the more it makes sense, the timing of it....the fact they've paid so much attention to the fact that everyone thinks The Shield is working for Punk yet he keeps denying it....it has to go somewhere and I can't think where else it could go.

The Rock used Brad Maddox and The Shield to keep the title on Punk and keep it away from Ryback so he could exact his revenge on Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    While I have heard much worse ideas, I don't like the Shield having a leader at all. I want them to stand on their own.
    Not only that (and I completely agree), but making Rock heel at this point in his career is just really a pointless endeavor.

The fact that Rock wouldn't be booed does, in fact, matter. Because they would be turning him heel specifically for this one match.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Not only that (and I completely agree), but making Rock heel at this point in his career is just really a pointless endeavor.

The fact that Rock wouldn't be booed does, in fact, matter. Because they would be turning him heel specifically for this one match.
    And while turning him the last time was hugely successful it seems that it would have less of a purpose now. It wouldn't change anything except his attitude. He's plenty entertaining as a face. Plus he'll probably be gone after Mania.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

It isn't pointless it would add another dimension to the match.

I would rather see Rock working as the heel than sit through another couple of months of face to face promo showdowns between Rock and Cena both playing to the fans again.

This would be a far more entertaining storyline with plenty of drama and action and maybe even open the door for a triple threat match with Punk being involved too.

He would want payback for being robbed of the title and would deserve a shot at Mania due to the length of his title reign alone.

Either way this storyline would be better than plain Rock/Cena 2.

And unless Shield's storyline isn't going anywhere at all, a boss is going to have to be introduced at some point and who makes more sense than Rock at this point?

He has every reason to have protected Punk's reign ever since Punk GTS's him after he announced his title reign.

It all just works.

Why does a boss ever have to be introduced?

Why can't they just be their own group?

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Back in the saddle. Heartburn Kid's Avatar

Why does a boss ever have to be introduced?

Why can't they just be their own group?
    Ding!

Because it has been hinted that there was a boss in the form of CM Punk the whole time, so naturally there's got to be some kind of pay off with that part of the story, and a swerve of the Rock being the boss would be much better than the obvious Punk scenario.

And it would give the Shield guys a nice rub being the ones Rock personally selected into his group.

Is the Rock related to Roman Reigns?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    I swear Punk could hold on to the belt for four years running, and because he's not 6'4 300 lbs. some people won't buy him as a champion or a favorite in a match against a heavyweight.
    I buy him as world champion, I don't buy him as a guy that a mega star like Rock would need help to beat. Rock being leader of the Shield is also a bit 'off' to me. As mentioned by others, they should stand on their own. I'm still hoping they aren't aligned with Punk, although they probably will be at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bret hart mark View Post
    Is the Rock related to Roman Reigns?
    I think they might be cousins.

Roman is the son of one of he Wild Samoans I believe

I buy him as world champion, I don't buy him as a guy that a mega star like Rock would need help to beat. Rock being leader of the Shield is also a bit 'off' to me. As mentioned by others, they should stand on their own. I'm still hoping they aren't aligned with Punk, although they probably will be at this point.
    I never said he needed them to help him beat Punk but he could have formed them to insure that Punk kept the belt until the Rumble, which they have.

Banned

It isn't pointless it would add another dimension to the match.

I would rather see Rock working as the heel than sit through another couple of months of face to face promo showdowns between Rock and Cena both playing to the fans again.

This would be a far more entertaining storyline with plenty of drama and action and maybe even open the door for a triple threat match with Punk being involved too.

He would want payback for being robbed of the title and would deserve a shot at Mania due to the length of his title reign alone.

Either way this storyline would be better than plain Rock/Cena 2.

And unless Shield's storyline isn't going anywhere at all, a boss is going to have to be introduced at some point and who makes more sense than Rock at this point?

He has every reason to have protected Punk's reign ever since Punk GTS's him after he announced his title reign.

It all just works.
    But because Big Show arguably saved him at Raw 1000, pure luck (Cena accidentally having his shoulders down) saved him at Night Of Champions, and the Shield and Brad Maddox saved him three times in a row, then it wouldn't look like Punk had a good case to scream how he was cheated. He should have lost the world title 3-4 times already.

Banned

I never said he needed them to help him beat Punk but he could have formed them to insure that Punk kept the belt until the Rumble, which they have.
    Would that even turn him heel? It would make it look like he cheated Ryback and would have to set up a Rock/Ryback feud, but compare the reactions of Rock and Ryback - who do you think would get cheered?

EDIT: You said a couple of posts ago that Punk would get a rematch because he felt he was cheated. I thought that implied that Rock would need help beating Punk.

I think they might be cousins.

Roman is the son of one of he Wild Samoans I believe
    Thats something they could work into the storyline.

Thread Information