Thread: Supposedly The Reason Why Big Show Dropped the World Title to ADR

Default Supposedly The Reason Why Big Show Dropped the World Title to ADR

There's been a lot of speculation as to why Alberto Del Rio was made World Heavyweight Champion, but the real story behind the scenes is that Big Show could not come to terms with WWE on a new contract. Since Big Show's contract was running out, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon made the decision to crown Del Rio the new champion. At the time of the taping in Miami, that was actually considered potentially to be Big Show's last match in WWE. Later in the week, the company and Big Show came to terms, and he hasn't missed any shows.

We heard from one source on the writing team that the company was very angry the negotiations went all the way to the breaking point, but now that Del Rio has been crowned champion "the plans have changed, as Del Rio is the focus of the show going forward."
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2667...shows-contract

From WrestleZone, so take that for what it's worth. Makes sense since he did come back around this time in 2008, so if he signed a four year contract it would run out soon. Surprised we didn't hear about it sooner. Also surprised they gave him the World Title without securing him first.

Boo-tista? How about Daniel Boo-ryan!

Default Re: Supposedly The Reason Why Big Show Dropped the World Title to ADR

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2667...shows-contract

From WrestleZone, so take that for what it's worth. Makes sense since he did come back around this time in 2008, so if he signed a four year contract it would run out soon. Surprised we didn't hear about it sooner. Also surprised they gave him the World Title without securing him first.
    That's a good point about 2008. Vince has had some trouble as of late with contract negotiating.

Everything has to be discovered without keeping some mystery I guess.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

Big Show's iron-clad contract ran out? Iron-clad contracts don't run out, do they? I can see why Big Show would be annoyed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Big Show's iron-clad contract ran out? Iron-clad contracts don't run out, do they? I can see why Big Show would be annoyed at that.
    He needs to get David Otunga to check that out.

THE CULT OF AARON.

PW WrestleMania - Three wise men vs. three blind mice. We're here.

Banned

I was told that the network didn't like having a overweight man as there champion and really pushed WWE to have a champion that was skinner and more fit.

Johnny Ace is so inept, he gave Big Show an iron clad contract that ran out in 6 months.

"I am Ultimate Warrior. You are the ultimate warrior fans. And the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever"
    R.I.P. Warrior

Show dropping the title the way he did makes more sense to me now.

Thank you HAYZE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    He needs to get David Otunga to check that out.
    Definitely. Otunga is a Harvard-graduated lawyer and is undefeated in court! He will stomp a mudhole in the WWE's lawyers. Then he will get fired.

I'm just happy ADR is champion. I never was a fan of big show..even when he was in WCW

If someone hates you for no reason, give that fucker a reason. banner by My friend Sticky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness
    Just remember that women don't want a guy who is a pussy. They already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOchoCinco
    Opinions are like orgasms... mine is the most important n I really don't care about yours...

Big Show ended up resigning...so why would they strip him anyway? He's been with the company for ages, could they not trust him?

Its why I don't know about this article.

- Justin Valuable
    2x Biggest Homer(Biggest Heel) of the Year Award Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Big Show ended up resigning...so why would they strip him anyway? He's been with the company for ages, could they not trust him?

Its why I don't know about this article.
    Because he hadn't signed when they stripped him. And it's not about trust, if your contract is up then you're allowed to leave, period. Eve just did the exact same thing.

That said, it is from WrestleZone, so if it hasn't been reported elsewhere, it should be taken lightly.

HAYZE

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Because he hadn't signed when they stripped him. And it's not about trust, if your contract is up then you're allowed to leave, period. Eve just did the exact same thing.

That said, it is from WrestleZone, so if it hasn't been reported elsewhere, it should be taken lightly.
    Show ended up returning though...so give him the belt back? Should have waited until the Rumble.

That being said I guess ADR's title reign has more potential than what Show's did....that and Zigs at any minute could cash it in on the face ADR.

- Justin Valuable
    2x Biggest Homer(Biggest Heel) of the Year Award Winner.

I think we will see Big Show defeat ADR for the title fairly soon. Maybe at the Rumble or early February.

Banner Credit: Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Show ended up returning though...so give him the belt back? Should have waited until the Rumble.

That being said I guess ADR's title reign has more potential than what Show's did....that and Zigs at any minute could cash it in on the face ADR.
    If his contract was up before the Rumble, how could they have waited until the Rumble?

HAYZE

Shows not going anywhere. I don't care if his contract is up. He's staying in the E. He's not about to retire and he sure as hell aint jumping to TNA. This is much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by merle View Post
    Shows not going anywhere. I don't care if his contract is up. He's staying in the E. He's not about to retire and he sure as hell aint jumping to TNA. This is much ado about nothing.
    Agree. Show's career has been going pretty well recently, main-eventing matches, world titles, and promos on the A show - can't see him leaving, especially not to join TNA or go anywhere else. Surprised they took the title off him, I was almost sure Ryback would win the Royal Rumble and then face Big Show at Wrestlemania, now i'm not so sure what they're doing though. It's a shame because Ryback v Show at Wrestlemania would've made money I think.

Alberto del Rio won the title because he's the better wrestler and outsmarted the Big Show. I thought we all saw that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I call Big Show knocking out ADR on raw this week, and Ziggler cashing in his MOTB. Then Big Show kills Ziggler at the RR and regains the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hak View Post
    I call Big Show knocking out ADR on raw this week, and Ziggler cashing in his MOTB. Then Big Show kills Ziggler at the RR and regains the title.
    Why would they waste 2 world title reigns on ADR and Ziggler (killing both guys momentum) only to give the title back to Big Show?

I call if that all happens just so Ryback can win the title from Big Show at Mania.
    BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
    Tyler Breeze will freeze your feed
    Cena fan for LIFE

...There just has to be a secret problem or reason for it to happen, right?

Banned

Very doubtful. Based on the big celebration they gave Alberto, it looks like he'll have a title reign that will fair amount of time, at least more than a couple of weeks.

He'll probaby drop it at EC, its a long enough reign to justify it. I honestly see a triple threat going into Mania at this point with Ryback, Ziggler, and Del Rio.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    He'll probaby drop it at EC, its a long enough reign to justify it. I honestly see a triple threat going into Mania at this point with Ryback, Ziggler, and Del Rio.
    This scenario would be more likely than the other suggested one.

Thread Information