Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler Thread January 17, 2013 and on.....

Default **Aces & Eights Leader Spoilers**

Potential Spoiler Alert on the direction of Aces & Eights

Spoiler

**Don't read below otherwise you will get spoilers**

Before people start bitching please take a deep breath and here me out:

Wrestling is always great when it has a heel group/stable dominating which eventually brings out the best in the faces. This was the case with the Four Horsemen in NWA, the NWO, and in more recent years with Evolution. According to this report there are Knockouts upset with the exposure that Brooke is getting. Fair enough. But ask yourself this: How would it anger Hogan if Bubba was involved with any other KO? It wouldn't. We have to remember that the whole point of Aces & Eights is to control the company. Who is in control of TNA? It's Hulk Hogan. The only way Aces & Eights can have a stranglehold on the company is if they have someone on their side that gets Hogan's attention off track. It makes perfect sense to have Brooke as the leader of Aces & Eights. Whether she stays with Bubba and both join is a mystery. It would make more sense if she turns on Bubba that way Hogan and Bubba will have to work together. No one else makes sense as the leader other than Brooke. The leader of the group needs to be able to get the best of Hogan in manipulative ways -- that's Brooke Hogan. I can see Aces & Eights adding more elite talent to the group which will add to the whole storyline.

I also want to address the issue people may have with Brooke. I distinctly remember fans bitching when Stephanie McMahon was given a prominent role as well as Vickie Guerrero. Both of those ladies turned out fine for WWE programming. AJ Lee -- who was an absolute nobody -- got a huge role on RAW for the summer in 2012. Why is OK for them but not Brooke?

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Brooke when she first came in. I thought of it as nothing more than Daddy's Little Girl getting TV time she doesn't deserve. But in recent months and weeks Brooke has won me over with her acting ability, as well as the acting of Bubba Ray.

I realize that internet fans always hate storylines that take up much of the time on programming. But it's not like TNA isn't producing solid in ring work. The show still features top talent such as Aries, Roode, Hardy, Storm, Kenny King, RVD, and others. The in ring talent will always be there. My biggest problem with TNA for many years is that their storylines weren't interesting enough for me to tune in. I will give them a lot of credit for coming up with this Aces & Eights storyline and slowly building it to the point where it is right now. Keep in mind TNA did something that WWE failed miserably with: they were able to get both Devon and Bubba over in singles role while not working together. WWE bombed with Bubba and Devon when they tried to push them individually.

As for the Aces & Eights storyline I never thought in wrestling that a promotion would be able to bring out another stable similar to the NWO. TNA has the closest thing with Aces & Eights.

And if your not happy with Brooke potentially being the leader of Aces & Eights then who in your opinion would make sense? Remember Hulk Hogan is the GM of TNA so anyone you think would be the leader needs to have a connection with Hogan that makes sense.
    Last edited by Justin Valuable; 01-17-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Default Re: **Aces & Eights Leader Spoilers**

Can't wait for this to turn out to be true. I'll be done with TNA. Hogan is a fucking idiot to be pushing for something so blatantly terrible.

Fucking Hogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Can't wait for this to turn out to be true. I'll be done with TNA. Hogan is a fucking idiot to be pushing for something so blatantly terrible.

Fucking Hogan.
    We must have different tastes then. I actually like this storyline. But if the storyline bothers you that much you should stop watching TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Valuable View Post
    We must have different tastes then. I actually like this storyline. But if the storyline bothers you that much you should stop watching TNA.
    I stopped watching because of it, and if I hadn't stopped watching it, and I wanted to complain, deal with it.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

I stopped watching because of it, and if I hadn't stopped watching it, and I wanted to complain, deal with it.
    I'm not telling you to watch or not watch. I'm just saying this angle will most likely piss you off. But I don't understand how one angle can make you not watch the whole product. I thought the angle with Punk/AJ/DB blew big time, but I still stomached it to watch the rest of the show.

I'm not telling you to watch or not watch. I'm just saying this angle will most likely piss you off. But I don't understand how one angle can make you not watch the whole product. I thought the angle with Punk/AJ/DB blew big time, but I still stomached it to watch the rest of the show.
    Because there's too much to stomach vs. things that keep me watching. I love Bobby Roode, James Storm, Bully and Kenny King. Nobody else in that company does much for me. I don't enjoy seeing Hogan and his forced ass segments and his terrible daughter, who is getting more TV time then the Knockouts champion. There is just simply far more that I don't like than do. So I stopped watching.

They messed up this angle a long time ago by dragging it on, and having them job to people anyway. I don't care about Aces & Eights anymore, so making Brooke the most un-intimidating person in the entire world, turn heel and lead a gang of grown biker men, is that much worse for me. I just don't get the logic.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Because there's too much to stomach vs. things that keep me watching. I love Bobby Roode, James Storm, Bully and Kenny King. Nobody else in that company does much for me. I don't enjoy seeing Hogan and his forced ass segments and his terrible daughter, who is getting more TV time then the Knockouts champion. There is just simply far more that I don't like than do. So I stopped watching.

They messed up this angle a long time ago by dragging it on, and having them job to people anyway. I don't care about Aces & Eights anymore, so making Brooke the most un-intimidating person in the entire world, turn heel and lead a gang of grown biker men, is that much worse for me. I just don't get the logic.
    Remember what Aces & Eights wants: control. Hogan is in control so if Brooke is with Aces & Eights she will be able to manipulate her dad. This is very similar to the McMahon-Helmsley era from WWE. So by having Aces & Eights someone will emerge on the other side as a huge babyface, just like Rock did in WWE. This angle will benefit others in the rosters.

My problem isn't really the result, it's who they're doing it with.

Brooke Hogan is awful.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

My problem isn't really the result, it's who they're doing it with.

Brooke Hogan is awful.
    She may not wrestler but she's a good enough actress to get me to care. Look at Vickie Guerrero. Everyone was bitching when she had a big role in the WWE and now look at her. That Rock segment was great, but what made it great was that Rock was working off of Vickie. I'm going to give Brooke a chance in this potential role.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

I mean it makes sense.. I'm not gonna lean one way or the other. Guess I just have to stick it out and see where it goes. You never know.
    (Mucho credit to Bender)

Banned
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.

Welp, I'm done. That's it. No more TNA for me.

She may not wrestler but she's a good enough actress to get me to care. Look at Vickie Guerrero. Everyone was bitching when she had a big role in the WWE and now look at her. That Rock segment was great, but what made it great was that Rock was working off of Vickie. I'm going to give Brooke a chance in this potential role.
    I don't care so much that she's not a wrestler. I have an issue with her acting. She drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    Well they haven't decided to do this 100% if you're still watching at least wait until they throw the straw at the camel Crippler.
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    You can watch an all new American Idol tonight instead.

Here's where it doesn't fit for me.

You mentioned Vickie, Stephanie and AJ. I might need clearing up on Stephanie but did any of them ever lead a big stable like this. I can't recall Stephanie being the leader of DX or a corporation. Vickie didn't lead la familia and she's been a GM and a manager. AJ Lee has simply gone from guy to guy and been in the same roles as Vickie.

Brooke Hogan being the leader of a big biker stable like this just doesn't seem to click. Why would they take orders from her when they could get the same results without her, Hogan wouldn't take any invasion of TNA lying down.

Credit to DC for the hometown hero trophy

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Why don't you all just venture to Ohio and we can have one big, incestuous orgy.
    Winner of WWE Hometown Heroes at PW Mania X

The night sky is slowly returning to somewhat normal

Default Spoiler Thread January 17, 2013 and on.....

Any and all spoilers go here. If you are unsure then err on the side of caution and post in here. Anything that is a spoiler that is posted outside this thread could end up deleted and you could end up with a warning.

This year I intend to crack down on this. Seriously if think remotely "hey this might be a spoiler" post it in this thread. I dont care how dumb it may sound once you get it typed out. Most people work rather well with a spoiler thread, keeps those that dont want to know from reading (because they dont venture into the thread). Any questions? Just ask

BTW I know that with TNA being live over the summer (and they seem to be continuing this) spoilers are less and less than they were before, but still...spoilers go in this thread.

Sorry Bout Your Damn Luck

EWS....come efed at SCW here http://z15.invisionfree.com/FTWOWres...ex.php?act=idx
    My beautiful grand daughter (aka Munchkin) made me a grandmother September 6, 2012, and my son passed away June 10, 2013. May he RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Here's where it doesn't fit for me.

You mentioned Vickie, Stephanie and AJ. I might need clearing up on Stephanie but did any of them ever lead a big stable like this. I can't recall Stephanie being the leader of DX or a corporation. Vickie didn't lead la familia and she's been a GM and a manager. AJ Lee has simply gone from guy to guy and been in the same roles as Vickie.

Brooke Hogan being the leader of a big biker stable like this just doesn't seem to click. Why would they take orders from her when they could get the same results without her, Hogan wouldn't take any invasion of TNA lying down.
    Steph didnt lead DX, but she was a part of it waaay down the line... she also ended up being the 'corp leader' of the ECW part of the Invasion. both times she was the 'alpha female'. i think it would be rediculous to see her being leader of A&8s, but i would like to see her in it. i totally agree with what JV said. i feel the same way about Taz being there... he shouldnt be the leader, but it helps the group to add characters.
    -Neo TNA forum Championship-
    Tag Team Champ (1 time) w/Kovu Rex, X division Champ (3 time)

-TNA forum Championship-
    Tag Team Champ (3 time) w/ X-Zero, X division Champ (3 time), Internet Champ (1 time)

the fact they are just now tryiing to decide who the leader of aces in eights is; well thats just stupid. they should have had a plan from the beginning

I really don't care about Brooke Hogan. She is a snoozefest for me. Still though, it is possible for it to be worse than to have her lead A&8's. The leader could turn out to be Russo or Bishchoff.

What I think would be a good thing is for the leader to be an established badass asskicker that we maybe haven't seen for a while. Perhaps when this badass asskicker is revealed as the leader of Aces and Eights then they really have a good dominant run. If they hadn't brought Morgan back already he would be a possibility. My favorite though, would be a more dominant more sadistic and smarter Abyss. Hell, I'd prefer Joseph Park to be the leader rather than Brooke.

By the way JV, Bubba Ray was over as a singles guy in WWF/E. D-Von, not so much, but Bubba was over.

Banned

A friend of mine suggested that AJ Styles could be the centerpiece of Aces and Eights. Not necessarily the leader, who'd be more of a figurehead, but as their Main Event guy. That would give the Aces and Eights the legitimacy they've been lacking, and the moral punch to the gut TNA needs to make the stable actually seem like a threat.

#IndependenceDayIsWar Franchise's Avatar

The last thing TNA needs is Brooke Hogan as the leader of the biggest threat to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by F. View Post
    The last thing TNA needs is Brooke Hogan as the leader of the biggest threat to the company.
    But if you watched last night it makes perfect sense. Sure Doc and Knox grabbed her but they didn't do any harm to her. Even if Brooke is found to be the leader she will not be the mouthpiece of the group. I still fully expect to see someone like AJ Styles join the group. He can always claim that he became sick and tired of carrying the company.

God damn crap I almost swore off TNA last night because of the stupid wedding but made up for it a little cause of the small swerve with Taz. If Brooke is the leader, that talentless hack who's there because of her father, i'll quit TNA and wrestling forever. I don't see the point of women in a wrestling show in a non-wrestling capacity to begin with.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Default Re: Spoiler Thread January 17, 2013 and on.....

Spoilers!

Source: Wrestling News World

TNA iMPACT! (Airing Next Thursday):

* In a Knockout's Title Match, Tara w/Jesse defeated Velvet Sky via Tara pinning Velvet and Jesse holding Velvet's feet down so she couldn't kick out. Velvet at one point hit her finisher and had the match won if not for a distraction from Jesse.

* Joseph Park came out for a promo. He said how hd has learned that his place is not behind a desk but as an active member of the Impact roster. He said he is looking for that win, or "W" as the boys call it and mentioned that next week in the UK was Open Fight Night and mentioned how he is excited to have his televised debut as a trained wrestler. He mentions how next week he promises to get that W. He doesn't know who he will call out yet but he is going to study tapes/take notes and keep "Kay fab" about it before saying that next week the UK, the US, and the whole world will see what he can do.

* Zema Ion & Kenny King defeated Christian York & Rob Van Dam. I can't remember who took the fall but King worked him over and Ion made a blind tag and stole the fall. The two got into words about it after.

* Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan came out and looked for Taz who was not at the announce table with Mike Tenay and Todd Keneley. They then went to the ring and Ray said he expected a move like this from Devon but not Taz. He mentioned how the thing that made Ray the most angry was how this hurt everyone around him from Sting to Hulk to Brooke. He threatened to take out each member of Aces & Eights one by one but said he cannot do that while he is suspended. He said he knows Hulk Hogan is not in the building but he knows he is watching at home and implored Hogan to lift the suspension. Sting's music hit and he defended Ray and told Hulk to "let his new son-in-law" get back into things and said how we will get the answer next week in the UK.

* Bobby Roode beat Hernandez via bulldog. As the match progressed and Hernandez was going for his trademark dive to the outside, Austin Aries came out and moved Roode out of the way. Chavo Guerrero and Aries got into a brawl and the ref was distracted allowing Roode to hit a bulldog and win. After, Aries was trying to tell Ray "we did it" but Roode was saying it was all him. Aries celebrated anyway.

* Kurt Angle came out and said that Aces & Eights are in it for the long haul and he wants payback. He mentions Open Fight Night is next week and calls out Mr. Anderson for it as well as calling him to the ring to say something to him personally. Anderson came out (notably to his own music despite wearing in A&8's cut). Anderson mocked Angle for a bit before saying he wanted to do things right now. He attacked Angle but Angle made a comeback and nearly out him in an Ankle Lock but Anderson bailed. Angle then said that next week the two will face in a Steel Cage Match.

* For the TNA World Title, Jeff Hardy retained over Christopher Daniels w/Kazarian. Very good match. Kazarian attempted to get involved before Hardy shoved Daniels into him, hit the Twist of Fate and a Swanton for the defense.

* After, Taz came down from the announce table and chastised Hardy a bit. Couldn't quite hear him due to people around me but I am pretty certain he was mentioning how Hardy may have a target on his back and an Aces & Eights member came in the ring and hit Hardy in the back of a leg with a hammer, requiring Hardy to need help to the back from referees.

NOTE: I never saw when Taz show up at the booth, but he wasn't there when they did the Ray promo at least or prior to that.

TNA Xplosion:

* Mickie James defeated Brooke Tessmacher with a roll-up.

* James Storm defeated Kazarian via Last Call after Kazarian attempted to dodge a charge from Storm in the corner.

* Samoa Joe defeated Zema Ion via Muscle Buster.
    Thoughts:

-Glad to see that Brooke still isn't doing her job...

-Are PPV's no longer televised?

-Glad to see York got over being screwed by RVD...

-Bully: "I can't wrestle because I'm suspended... but I can still somehow come out here and cut promos... Don't question the logic!"

-Back to the Tag Team Division for Roo? See ya back in the mainevent scene in 3 years!

-They're just doing Kenny/Angle again 'cause nobody else can make Anderson look good, right?

-Did ya really think Daniels was gonna win? Really?

-I thought Taz had a giant hard-on for Hardy? Eh?

-I wish Mickie would turn back into a psychotic lesbian stalker.

-Storm on Xplosion? Do I have to say it? Ok. Sorry 'bout your damn luck...

-Zima Ion pulling double duty! That man is finally getting paid! Huzzah!

The only reason to tune in would be for the crowd... I guess...

Banned

My biggest concern is that Roode won with a bulldog. A BULLDOG. That's like losing to a Shoulder Tackle.

tis not right in the head whocares's Avatar

Maybe Chavo's suck is starting to rub off on Hernandez?

Thread Information