Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

  1. #1
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,364

    Default Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning The World Heavyweight Championship On Smackdown – Who It Is & Why This Foiled Preliminary Plans For A Main Event Match At Wrestlemania 29

    We’re told Ryback was very unhappy with Alberto Del Rio beating Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship on last week’s Smackdown. Ryback had been under the impression that he would be beating Big Show for the title at Wrestlemania 29.

    My source says this could still be the case, or they may go in another direction, but Ryback was hoping the company had plans to keep the title on Show until they had a main event match at Wrestlemania.

    One observer reminds there is a lot of time between now and then, so the company could put the belt back on Big Show, but we’re told Ryback voiced his displeasure over the situation to a few people backstage.

    This same observer says they wouldn’t be surprised if WWE was testing Ryback by teasing him with the title and seeing how he reacts when plans appear to change. There is a lot of nervousness about how he’ll handle the pressure and responsibility if/when he’s really given the ball and depended on to carry one of the brands later this year.

    Credit: Richard Gray at WNW
    I hope he handles everything well. He can't let this bother him. If he has to wrestle Big Show with no title in play he needs to focus on getting Big Show up for Shellshock. If he has a WM moment successfully he will get his run with the title later in the year.

  2. #2
    COYG Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,163

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    As long as he does it by knocking on Vince's and HHH's door, and not 'tweeting', I'm glad he's raising hell. You need to do that sometimes to get what you want in the business.

  3. #3
    is too sexy for you milopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,983

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    pfft Ryback sucks, the only man worthy of the WHC is ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOO!!!!

    I don't believe this report for a second.


    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."


  4. #4
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,364

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    As long as he does it by knocking on Vince's and HHH's door, and not 'tweeting', I'm glad he's raising hell. You need to do that sometimes to get what you want in the business.
    Yup. He will get his time -- he just needs to be patient. Also, putting the title back on Show for a WM title match against Ryback is a mistake. This only made sense if Show kept his reign going into WM from October 2012.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    On Falcone's Pillow
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Maybe this means we will get Lesnar vs Ryback instead.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    20,756

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    I hope Ricardo tweets that Haters Gonna Hate gif to him.

  7. #7
    Banned Justin Valuable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,364

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    This report seems legit considering how passionate Ryback comes off in his interview/comments he makes.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Darkmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In the true North - Strong and Free!
    Posts
    6,071

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    One of the WM matches I was hoping for was Show vs. Ryback for the title, it would have been great.

    If I were running things I would have had Del Rio win the belt, however do it on a bigger stage like Summerslam.


    Thanks JV for the artwork!!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    The man needs to be patient. He has already been given the gift of a humongous push, though it was botched, and he will certainly get multiple title reigns in time. He needs to take a cue from Wade Barrett, who he came up with via Nexus. Barrett has hung in there and proven himself as both a solid worker and excellent talker. Ryback has yet to prove himself as completely capable in either regard. Yes, the monster push he is receiving lends itself to an accelerated path toward the championship, but I still think he needs to prove himself more in the ring.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Union City, Tennessee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Del Rio is more popular than Ryback, so I think they made the right decision.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Greywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,284

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    I like that he's complaining about a guy who complained about being in FCW and threatened to leave the company (or something like that, right?)

    Del Rio had three PPV title opportunity losses before gained the title finally in the Summer of 2011 (almost a full year in his WWE career). Had both of his world title reigns in 2011 last less than a month. and started in December of 2011 into September of 2012 lost 5 PPV world title matches. I think he's earned the right over Ryback to have a title reign.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

  12. #12
    Ambassador of Asgard thedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Ryback vs Big Show would have been a Wrestlemania worthy match and a great moment in Ryback's career to get his first world championship one year into his career at the grandest stage. Hopefully the match will still happen even without the title.

    -Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

  13. #13
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,776

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    So no mark comments towards Ryback like Superstar got online lol.

    Seriously, Ryback vs. Show would have been a good choice for the WHC match at Mania.

    However, ADR seemed to be legit over on RAW (AND the crowd LOVED his title win in that arena)and now even I'm conflicted on whether the company should just ride with ADR as champion and see where it goes. Maybe the company will get the audience reach they wanted with Eddie Guerrero (RIP) as WWE Champion to expand internationally.

    You know sometimes you got to be vocal, but he never know the company might have wanted to do Ziggler vs. Ryback at Mania where Ziggler puts him over in a great performance. Never know the big picture.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 01-16-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  14. #14
    Diva of Destruction iron maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canadia, Eh?
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,660

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Del Rio is the better performer IMO. Ryback is over no doubt about it but I'm not a Ryback fan.

    Ryback vs Show would have been the match I would have least enjoyed at Mania but I realize I am in the minority. However, it could still happen.

    Sting
    Diva of Destruction
    Empress of Canadia
    2010 Queen of the Forum
    2012 Tag Team Queen of the Forum - Rogue and iron maiden
    2013 PW Hall of Fame (Thank You)

  15. #15
    We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,381

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    So no mark comments towards Ryback like Superstar got online lol.
    I don't see this as mark-like. He has every right to be upset, all logic dictates that they should be setting up for a big title win for him at WrestleMania.

    Or if not, a match with Lesnar.

    Bender

    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,776

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I don't see this as mark-like. He has every right to be upset, all logic dictates that they should be setting up for a big title win for him at WrestleMania.

    Or if not, a match with Lesnar.
    Oh yeah you're right he has reason to be upset, but I've been saying since the night after HIAC the way he was getting booked it didn't look like he was being set up to be a long term champion. In fact the company was doing him a dis-service and might create a Lex Choker situation with Ryback. I just didn't understand why they continued him in the title hunt instead of just screwing him out of it to build to him getting it down the line. I will give a major hint why my thinking led to this:

    When the company traditionally builds babyfaces after screwjobs it gets harder and harder through some kind of obstacle. Austin had this obstacle in 1998 as he faced The Rock the night after Survivor Series, but right after that he never faced the champion and was removed from the main event with Rock. Why? They were building anticipation for fans to see Austin climb his way back to the top.

    This same situation was used with Chris Benoit as he was given a title shot against Lesnar, but he was later removed from the title hunt after not getting the title. He was given more obstacles, but he ended up getting his title shot again against HHH at Mania through the Rumble.

    Now also take into account this was done without these men even being "pinch hitters" but the actual first picks to feud with the champion.

    It was also strange when I saw Randy Orton get his title in September one year when it was quite obvious he should have chased the title. We ended up with a bad Mania match anyways.

    However, the flip side to this could just be the "hollywood" writers not understanding this simple wrestling psychology, but you also need to have the right babyface to do this with for it to work and people not complain about it being predictable. Predictable isn't bad all the time if it is warranted and in demand.

    Now Ryback claims to be a fan, but I saw some of the writing in the wall with his booking. Hopefully for him I am wrong and the title goes to him by Mania, but it's this type of booking just like with Ziggler which causes heatless champions as the fans get conditioned in their minds that these guys are losers carrying a belt. That is a whole other thread topic though.

    Now the question begs should the company kill off the continuing growth of ADR as a babyface for no reason? Although in Ryback and his fans' eyes it is for a reason as he wants to become champion. However babyfaces are hard to come by and especially a babyface that can reach different demographics. I didn't understand ADR winning either to be honest unless it was to let Ziggler cash in.

    However, I think that would be a mistake right now too. It will just get lost in all of the big build for Rock/Punk and especially if Rock walks out of RR with the title. Then you got Taker, Brock, HHH returning and Super Cena again. It's just not a good time and I don't think it's wise to cut the legs of ADR at the moment. The company does that too much once someone is getting over.

    When the company was building
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Ryback's push was hurt by the product being booked around The Rock.

  18. #18
    PW Poster Since 2003 Lony's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,312

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    Ryback's push was hurt by the product being booked around The Rock.
    No, Ryback's push was hurt because Vince McMahon has become a delusional old man who should be forced into retirement.


    The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

  19. #19
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,776

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
    Ryback's push was hurt by the product being booked around The Rock.
    I know some think this, but I don't see how. If he was really hot getting big numbers on tv and house shows etc the company would change course. It has happened before. The company just didn't want to take a chance on a pinch hitter who had no track record of doing what a top guy champion could do.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is my plan.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6,996

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    I don't see how you CAN'T see that. In a non-Rock world, the booking clearly called for Ryback to be victorious over Punk. He was crazy over. BUT, because Rock had his title shot at the Rumble, and they set up Punk/Rock at Raw 1000, Punk HAD to go over, Ryback HAD to take a loss, and get hurt in the process.

  21. #21
    RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17,827

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    I don't see how you CAN'T see that. In a non-Rock world, the booking clearly called for Ryback to be victorious over Punk. He was crazy over. BUT, because Rock had his title shot at the Rumble, and they set up Punk/Rock at Raw 1000, Punk HAD to go over, Ryback HAD to take a loss, and get hurt in the process.
    Without The Rock match on the horizon, I think they still would have had Punk hold the title for a year before having him drop it.

    surrender

  22. #22
    We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,381

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    Without The Rock match on the horizon, I think they still would have had Punk hold the title for a year before having him drop it.
    I disagree strongly. I think the only reason he's been champion that long was to set it up for Rock to take it from him.

    Bender

    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  23. #23
    RIP Oscar Taveras :( SM(Stardust)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17,827

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I disagree strongly. I think the only reason he's been champion that long was to set it up for Rock to take it from him.
    If not for The Rock match, I think that he would have stayed face and held the title for atleast a year to try and make him a equal with Cena.

    Only thing I think The Rock match did was make them turn Punk heel. I am not sure if his title reign length would have changed at all.

    The thing is, we will never know what would have happened, so either of could be right.

    surrender

  24. #24
    Senior Member Vince Mcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,776

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Crippler View Post
    I don't see how you CAN'T see that. In a non-Rock world, the booking clearly called for Ryback to be victorious over Punk. He was crazy over. BUT, because Rock had his title shot at the Rumble, and they set up Punk/Rock at Raw 1000, Punk HAD to go over, Ryback HAD to take a loss, and get hurt in the process.
    I don't see it that way because I believe CM Punk's title reign length was deliberately done to increase the marketability of a match between Rock and CM Punk. Take the title off CM Punk and the marketability of a matchup between these two goes down drastically compared to Rock's last match on ppv with John Cena.

    Ryback is not getting the WWE Title because the company wants John Cena back on top of the mountain. The end game is John Cena in all of this and not The Rock. IF Rock wasn't around I bet John Cena would have got the title from CM Punk before he broke Cena's record. In a non-Rock world John Cena's storyline last year would not have been what it was("worse year in years) and he would probably been champ long time ago as the company was still making him headline over the face WWF Champion CM Punk.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 01-17-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    Who is the boss? Who made wrestling? Who is sports entertainment?

    WRESTLEMANIA 4 LIFE~~

  25. #25
    Senior Member Greywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    23
    Posts
    6,284

    Default Re: Top WWE Star Livid Over Alberto Del Rio Winning the WHC on Smackdown

    Ryback's push failed the moment they put him in the main event. He went to fighting nobody's to the main event. Even Del Rio had a major feud before being pushed in the title picture so quickly. Sheamus retired ECW originals and beat down veterans before beating Cena at TLC 2009. What did Ryback accomplish, even a little note worthy, since his character debuted? He could lift two guys who weighed about 90 pounds each. That's it. Why should any champion fear a man who can only brag about lifting two models from slim and small?

    Roman Reigns has more to brag about than Ryback, and he's only been on WWE TV since November. Took out stars such as Randy Orton, Sheamus, Brodus Clay, and team Hell No. And won a TLC match.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •