View Poll Results: Who wins the Royal Rumble?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Cena

21 35.59%
  • Ryback

14 23.73%
  • Dolph Ziggler

3 5.08%
  • Sheamus

1 1.69%
  • Randy Orton

3 5.08%
  • CM Punk

1 1.69%
  • Big Show

0 0%
  • Kane

0 0%
  • Daniel Bryan

1 1.69%
  • HHH

1 1.69%
  • Brock Lesnar

4 6.78%
  • John Morrison

0 0%
  • Heath Slater

1 1.69%
  • Jinder Mahal

1 1.69%
  • Kofi Kingston

1 1.69%
  • Antonio Cesaro

0 0%
  • Wade Barrett

1 1.69%
  • Chris Jericho

1 1.69%
  • Zack Ryder

2 3.39%
  • Any other surprise entrant

3 5.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble Winner

Banned

Default Royal Rumble Winner

It's time for the Road to Wrestlemania to begin, and for one lucky superstar that Road will end with a guaranteed title match at the grandaddy of them all, Wrestlemania 29! SO, who do you have winning the 2013 Royal Rumble and going on to Wrestlemania?

Default Re: Royal Rumble Winner

If anyone other than John Cena wins I will be shocked.

I think 2013 is going to be a dominant year for Cena.

Thanks JV for the artwork!!

Cena will find a way into the ME regardless, so I went with a man that me and PW kingpin Champ have been absoutely gushing over as of late...Randy Orton.

Two video packages of him on Monday Night...he's going back on top!

MJ? Beatles? Queen? Decide PW's Favorite music artist!

Currently Playing - Bravely Default, NBA 2K14

Banned

Champ has NOT been gushing over Randy Orton. He insulted him at least twice on the boards today.

Ryback or Cena. I really can't see anyone else pulling it off.

I'll go ahead and say Ryback.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Episode 1 of "Sittin down for a chat with Oncall" with special guest Emperor

just a plain cunt Waffle Circus's Avatar

The options are rather limited this year. Its Cena or Ryback. And maybe a very slight chance for Orton. Thats it. Think I'm skipping the Rumble this year.

Banned

If Cena/Rock headlines Wrestlemania (it will), then make Cena the winner. It's about time the Rumble winner got to main event Wrestlemania again. Would also be a nice way of setting up their rematch, by having Rock win the belt and Cena earn the title shot on the same night.

Its going to be Yoshi Tatsu, he will finally break through as a main event talent and headline Wrestlemania.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

It's going to be HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN!!!

I can see it now. Vince is still pissed that Rock refused to put over Cena last year they way HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN did for him not once but TWICE. Then Rock demands the championship after that. Vince decided the only thing that will set it right is to take away the Rocks biggest victory. So HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN comes out as a surprise entrant, wins the Rumble, gets the title shot and the Rock is forced to job the title to a much older HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

Will it happen? Unlikely since HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN is still with TNA. But it's just the kind of thing Vince would do. lol

It's going to be Cena. Unless Show wins the title back, which I doubt because they want to build ADR up as a Mexican hero, I don't see Ryback winning the Rumble.

As for an outside shot, I'll pick a returning Lesnar to win.
    Credit: Bender

Someone should bring a sign that says, "If Cena wins, we watch TNA!" lol

Banned

Why do people think Randy Orton could win? He's got no real momentum at the moment that would make one think he could win the Rumble. And a rumored (and extremely unlikely) Sheamus-Orton match at Wrestlemania doesn't count. Even then, I'd put money on Sheamus winning again before Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Champ has NOT been gushing over Randy Orton. He insulted him at least twice on the boards today.
    He knows that, he's being cute.

John Cena and Ryback are the only two people who have any chance at all. Hopefully it's Cena.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by KLockard23 View Post
    Why do people think Randy Orton could win? He's got no real momentum at the moment that would make one think he could win the Rumble. And a rumored (and extremely unlikely) Sheamus-Orton match at Wrestlemania doesn't count. Even then, I'd put money on Sheamus winning again before Orton.
    Simply put because ever since WWE put in the stipulation that the winner gets a title shot at WrestleMania only about 5 guys at the most can ever win and With the Rock Expected to be champion there are very few guys they would have him wrestle. Orton is just kind of there as a filler choice.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Boss View Post
    Simply put because ever since WWE put in the stipulation that the winner gets a title shot at WrestleMania only about 5 guys at the most can ever win and With the Rock Expected to be champion there are very few guys they would have him wrestle. Orton is just kind of there as a filler choice.
    Rock is not going to wrestle Orton.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Of course not. That's why I said he's being used as a filler choice... so that we have someone other than Cena to talk about.

I see Ryback or Cena winning, and I think Ryback needs the win a lot more than Cena does. Out of those two, hopefully Ryback wins.

surrender

Nope, but I'd never the less would love to see The Rock and Randy Orton wrestle one another in a singles match.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

Anybody whose goin to the Rumble bring lots of trash. Should Cena win, evryone throw everything you got right at him. The chairs you sit on throw them too. Neither him or the Rock should win at all that night. This rematch for Mania dosen't need the damn belt. Submission Street Fight yes but not the belt.

I personally want Cena to win. The last few Rumble winners have been quite dull and uninspired, IMO. Really, the last time I loved the winner of the Rumble was Cena's in 2008, so it only makes sense for him to win it again.

MO to the G to the UNS! BadNewsFan's Avatar

Ugh...Cena will likely win because WWE is too chicken shit to think outside of the box and push someone else into his spot.

They're dead set on Cena getting his win over Rock to able to proclaim him "greatest", so he'll win the Rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    I see Ryback or Cena winning, and I think Ryback needs the win a lot more than Cena does. Out of those two, hopefully Ryback wins.
    I'm just tired of that line of thinking.

They shouldn't be doing it based on which guy needs the Rumble win, they should be having the guy who's going to main event WrestleMania win the Rumble.

I'm tired of seeing the Rumble winner in the inferior World Title match year after year. Makes it seem meaningless.

Bender

I'm just tired of that line of thinking.

They shouldn't be doing it based on which guy needs the Rumble win, they should be having the guy who's going to main event WrestleMania win the Rumble.

I'm tired of seeing the Rumble winner in the inferior World Title match year after year. Makes it seem meaningless.
    By that logic, choosing a WHC shot shouldn't even be an option when you win the Rumble.

It makes more sense to choose the Rumble winner based on what is best for storylines/who they are building up...not just on who should be in the WWE title match. The Rumble should be used as a vehicle to make a WrestleMania match. Cena vs. Rock (or a triple threat with Punk) could happen easily without Cena winning the Rumble. Just like how Jericho didn't need to win the Rumble last year to make Punk/Jericho happen.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by LS View Post
    By that logic, choosing a WHC shot shouldn't even be an option when you win the Rumble.
    Well they also didn't have to go out of their way to make the WHC look inferior, which is a separate problem in itself.

It makes more sense to choose the Rumble winner based on what is best for storylines/who they are building up...not just on who should be in the WWE title match. The Rumble should be used as a vehicle to make a WrestleMania match. Cena vs. Rock (or a triple threat with Punk) could happen easily without Cena winning the Rumble. Just like how Jericho didn't need to win the Rumble last year to make Punk/Jericho happen.
    Ryback vs. whoever could happen without the Rumble too. Just have a mini-Rumble on SmackDown or something and have Ryback win that.

Bender

Well they also didn't have to go out of their way to make the WHC look inferior, which is a separate problem in itself.

Ryback vs. whoever could happen without the Rumble too. Just have a mini-Rumble on SmackDown or something and have Ryback win that.
    Yes, obviously Ryback vs the World champ could still happen without him winning the Rumble, but I'm saying Cena/Rock already has a backstory to it without needing Cena to win the Rumble. And Ryback could use the Rumble win more than Cena.

surrender

Thread Information