Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A step up for the Miz?

Default A step up for the Miz?

I was just thinking about the Miz TV segment on RAW with Flair and Ric letting him do the figure four. I know I might be the only one and seem a little crazy, but I saw it as like a passing of the torch kinda moment. As we all know, signature finishing moves are a large part of what makes someone star. And seeing as no else uses it, and hasn't for a long time, I think Miz using it as a new finishing move would be awesome and add more legitimacy to his character. Like with the talk about giving Ziggler the super kick, its an established finishing hold, like the sharpshooter. I for one would love to see it added to his arsenal mainly because Miz has never been known for doing submission holds, and giving him an established one like the figure four I think would go a long way in improving his character and face push. And he looks good doing it too.

What yall think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edynol
    And is telling someone to kill themselves better than flaming homosexuals? Yes. If every bigot killed themselves because someone told them to, I think we would be on the verge of world peace! So I commend Punk for supporting world peace. And anyone against world peace should go kill themselves.

Banned

Default Re: A step up for the Miz?

Every big face in the WWE has to have a Submission move now. Everyone except Orton apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Edynol View Post
    I was just thinking about the Miz TV segment on RAW with Flair and Ric letting him do the figure four. I know I might be the only one and seem a little crazy, but I saw it as like a passing of the torch kinda moment. As we all know, signature finishing moves are a large part of what makes someone star. And seeing as no else uses it, and hasn't for a long time, I think Miz using it as a new finishing move would be awesome and add more legitimacy to his character. Like with the talk about giving Ziggler the super kick, its an established finishing hold, like the sharpshooter. I for one would love to see it added to his arsenal mainly because Miz has never been known for doing submission holds, and giving him an established one like the figure four I think would go a long way in improving his character and face push. And he looks good doing it too.

What yall think?
    The Miz needs all the moves he can get, yes if he starts using it then it should help him look good in matches.

Thanks To Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by Joe L. View Post
    Every big face in the WWE has to have a Submission move now. Everyone except Orton apparently.
    As boring as he is as a character, Orton already has one of the best movesets in the business (although it's a little less great now, without the punt).

On the subject of Miz, I don't think he needs to add a submission, but I don't see any harm in it either.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Honestly I hope Dean Ambrose is the next to take up the sharpshooter. The figure four was my first choice since he can do great facial expressions like Flair, but since Miz was given it, Ambrose should get the sharpshooter. Has he used any other submission in the indies before?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    As boring as he is as a character, Orton already has one of the best movesets in the business (although it's a little less great now, without the punt).
    Oh, I definiitely agree. Just struck me as odd is all.

It can do nothing but good for Miz. Multiple finishers always help. I just hope the crowd don't turn on him for using 'Flair's move' (it's Buddy Rogers move in reality).

But really, Miz can have all the moves he likes. His two biggest enemies are his lack of likeability and his wrestling skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I just hope the crowd don't turn on him for using 'Flair's move' (it's Buddy Rogers move in reality).
    I had that concern as well. Then I remembered that Triple H and Shawn Michaels used the finisher of a murderer for a while.

Granted, Miz is not Triple H or Shawn Michaels, but he should be okay. The bigger issue is making sure he keeps the attitude and doesn't become too John Cena-esque, because we already have John Cena and Sheamus for that.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

On the subject of Miz, I don't think he needs to add a submission, but I don't see any harm in it either.
    I miss Ortons cross body and than awesome Canadian Backbreaker into a Neckbreaker he used to do. When he became Boreton, he just took all the good moves out of his arsenal and became a chore to watch. And I think the RKO (OUTTA NOWHARE!) is overrated.

As for Miz, well, at least nobody can make a 'His opponent worked his own leg' argument if he adopts the Figure 4.
    baboosh

It can do nothing but good for Miz. Multiple finishers always help. I just hope the crowd don't turn on him for using 'Flair's move' (it's Buddy Rogers move in reality).

But really, Miz can have all the moves he likes. His two biggest enemies are his lack of likeability and his wrestling skill.
    Actually it's probably Fred Grobmeier's move.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Actually it's probably Fred Grobmeier's move.
    Is that Rogers' trainer with the name no one knows how to spell?

If so, I concede. Very good.

Honestly I hope Dean Ambrose is the next to take up the sharpshooter. The figure four was my first choice since he can do great facial expressions like Flair, but since Miz was given it, Ambrose should get the sharpshooter. Has he used any other submission in the indies before?
    He used a crossface chickenwing as one of his finishers.

Is that Rogers' trainer with the name no one knows how to spell?

If so, I concede. Very good.
    I'm very good at the Google.

Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    He used a crossface chickenwing as one of his finishers.
    I doubt he'll use that anymore since Daniel Bryan uses a crossface variation too.

I think I've said it before but I miss seeing the suplex and its various forms on a regular basis. No Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle to do them anymore.

I can see that happening. It's hard for me to warm to Miz as a face right now aswell even though I like him and want him to do well.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

I think I've said it before but I miss seeing the suplex and its various forms on a regular basis. No Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle to do them anymore.
    The Triple Germans and Three Amigos were both personal favorites of mine. I miss them.

Bender

So do wrestlers get to choose their finnishing moves & Submissions or are told what they can use????/

Thanks To Hayze

The Triple Germans and Three Amigos were both personal favorites of mine. I miss them.
    I already added that to Alberto's move set in WWE 13. I wouldn't be shocked if WWE had Del Rio start doing one of those soon. I know he had a German Suplex move he did as Dos Caras. As far as Miz goes it will be a great idea if he started using the Figure Four permanently. Although he did use the single leg crab from time to time.

Germans are out of the question due to the whole concussion thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    So do wrestlers get to choose their finnishing moves & Submissions or are told what they can use????/
    Usually it's a mix between your input and and agent. Creative comes up with the name.

Just going off of Jericho's book on that one though (They wanted to call the Liontamer the Salad Shooter.)

Of course, agents sometimes have the wonderful idea of suggesting a finisher they have no business doing (Goldust gave the PTP the Villano Buster and promptly got fired for it because, shocker, it nearly busted Yoshi)
    baboosh

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Usually it's a mix between your input and and agent. Creative comes up with the name.

Just going off of Jericho's book on that one though (They wanted to call the Liontamer the Salad Shooter.)

Of course, agents sometimes have the wonderful idea of suggesting a finisher they have no business doing (Goldust gave the PTP the Villano Buster and promptly got fired for it because, shocker, it nearly busted Yoshi)
    Thanks for telling me all this. Very interesting. Also, WWE wanted Bret to use a submission move and eventually he learned the move from Konan (Mexican Star).

If you have enough pull, you can use your own moves. Bourne was allowed to do the SSP after convincing the higher ups he was 100% with it at all times, which allowed other flippy moves being brought back. Bret and Bulldog wanted their first match in their WWF Title fued to end on a roll up, because a clean win for Hart would have been too definitive, and Bret wanted to use something flashy, and he had Chris Jericho, who was visiting, teach him how to do the La Magistral.

Of course, there's no way to tell other than ones that people have said, were came up by the wrestler, or the agents. I believe Barrett was told to replace Winds of Change, because Luke Harper had just debuted on NXT and he's using it (and does it 10 times better). But if an agent suggested that Barrett use the KO Elbow, they should be fired. And HHH should chew Barrett out for bitching at fans for calling him out on it, then stealing more of Ohno's stuff.
    baboosh

Cesaro was stepping up and taking it to Ric Flair on the mic, and the best the Miz could do was say "You wanna keep talking?" about 10 times in a row.

His face turn has really exposed him for being weak in most every aspect of pro wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    Cesaro was stepping up and taking it to Ric Flair on the mic, and the best the Miz could do was say "You wanna keep talking?" about 10 times in a row.

His face turn has really exposed him for being weak in most every aspect of pro wrestling.
    What about his mic work versus Cesaro at Main Event? That was effective. What about Miz coming up with the Walrus nickname for Heyman? That stuck very well. Miz also had a great segment with Rhodes Scholars. My personal favorite was Miz's line to CM Punk about his Punk's mom "sucking." Miz is doing just fine as a face.

I completely disagree. Every time he speaks he uses a "har har har, aren't I just so clever" tone of voice. But it's almost never really that clever. Most of the time it is quite lame. He comes across as a complete phony every single time he opens his mouth.

Miz has had a couple of good promos lately, both on Main Event, the aforementioned one against Cesaro, and one several weeks ago against Ziggler. When he's heavily scripted, Miz can be good, but when he's given more free reign (like this week since the segment involved Flair) he's 50-50 at giving a good promo.

Thread Information