Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

  1. #1

    Default Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Source: WNW

    Arda Ocal sent in a great info graphic with full stats for WWE Raw from last year. Sheamus had the most wins with 76 while Dolph Ziggler had the most losses at 56. Take a look at it at this link.

    Brooks Oglesby recapped a dot com Q&A with Tyson Kidd at this link. In the article, WWE claims he’ll be out six to eight months with ligament and meniscus tears in his right knee and a fracture in his tibia plateau. I was told directly from a WWE spokesman he has a torn meniscus and the company expected him out for 6 months. Take from that what you will but there has been some clear miscommunication with the severity of this injury.


  2. #2
    @CheapTequila Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,441

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Most surprising thing about that infographic: Zack Ryder was on TV/PPV at least 30 times.

    LOL! Brodus Clay has a higher win percentage than Cena.

    Ziggler, Bryan, Cody, and Miz losing so much is a BIG injustice.

  3. #3
    King of Font Style Krimzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,516

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    56 losses for Dolph Ziggler.

    And people say he didn't need the win last night. The man is holding the MITB briefcase and is literally the biggest loser in the company for the last year.


  4. #4
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,938

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    56 losses for Dolph Ziggler.

    And people say he didn't need the win last night. The man is holding the MITB briefcase and is literally the biggest loser in the company for the last year.
    And no one would have known that he had lost that much without looking at this graphic.

    Television wins and losses are so overstated in their importance.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  5. #5
    WE WANT PUNK! Weezl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,569

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    They are trying to push Ziggler into the main event by having him lose more matches than anybody else in the company? That doesn't make any sense.

  6. #6
    @CheapTequila Stefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,441

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    But the thing is, Daniel Bryan had quite a massive losing streak too before he cashed-in and won the World Title. ADR had lost several matches too.

  7. #7
    King of Font Style Krimzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,516

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    And no one would have known that he had lost that much without looking at this graphic.

    Television wins and losses are so overstated in their importance.
    People would have known he lost that much because they watch the product. One of the first things that comes to mind regarding Dolph Ziggler is that he always loses. That was one of Cena's main talking points during his promo on NYE. People may not know the exact number, but they know he loses an awful lot.


  8. #8
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ The Hypeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,958

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    And no one would have known that he had lost that much without looking at this graphic.

    Television wins and losses are so overstated in their importance.
    I don't watch wrestling and I knew this just from reading thread titles on reddit. Anything involving Ziggler includes how he oversells everything and always loses. I figured this would be well-known.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Darkmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In the true North - Strong and Free!
    Posts
    6,071

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    I have to admit that while Ziggle is entertaining, he does seem to be coming across as midcard guy at best, hard to get behind sometimes.


    Thanks JV for the artwork!!

  10. #10
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,938

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    People would have known he lost that much because they watch the product. One of the first things that comes to mind regarding Dolph Ziggler is that he always loses. That was one of Cena's main talking points during his promo on NYE. People may not know the exact number, but they know he loses an awful lot.
    Heels are allowed to lose an awful lot. They're heels. They don't have to constantly win to maintain their heat.

    I wish Chris Jericho was here to explain this better than I can.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  11. #11
    King of Font Style Krimzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,516

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Heels are allowed to lose an awful lot. They're heels. They don't have to constantly win to maintain their heat.

    I wish Chris Jericho was here to explain this better than I can.
    They're trying to build a star here; one I assume they want to be credible and a threat. He can't be that if he has the stigma of always losing.


  12. #12
    Baseball is Life. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,410

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Heels are allowed to lose an awful lot. They're heels. They don't have to constantly win to maintain their heat.

    I wish Chris Jericho was here to explain this better than I can.
    You did a perfectly fine job. It's really as simple as that. Ziggler losing really doesn't mean jack shit. He's better right now than even. I remember him losing the past two weeks, nothing beyond that. And when it comes down to it, he won the two most important matches he was in all year. Winning money in the bank, and retaining money in the bank.

    It's not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  13. #13
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,938

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    They're trying to build a star here; one I assume they want to be credible and a threat. He can't be that if he has the stigma of always losing.
    He doesn't have any "stigma." Jericho loses a hell of a lot, does he have a "stigma"?

    Punk lost like 11 PPVs in a row before the pipe bomb, did his "stigma" prevent that angle from being successful?

    The minute he wins the World Heavyweight Championship, all those losses will not make a single shred of difference.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  14. #14
    King of Font Style Krimzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,516

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    He doesn't have any "stigma." Jericho loses a hell of a lot, does he have a "stigma"?

    Punk lost like 11 PPVs in a row before the pipe bomb, did his "stigma" prevent that angle from being successful?

    The minute he wins the World Heavyweight Championship, all those losses will not make a single shred of difference.
    I bet Jack Swagger wishes he could say that. NOBODY took that title reign seriously because he was absolutely nothing beforehand. The jury is still out on Ziggler. People don't have high hopes because he hasn't been booked strongly for his entire career.


  15. #15
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,938

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    He was in the midcard beforehand and his reign was booked like shit. Ziggler is not in the midcard right now and I have every confidence that they will book his reign to be much better.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  16. #16
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,869

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Jericho most definitely does have a losing stigma Champ, what are you trying to say? Everyone knows that he's going to lose now because of his part time schedule.

  17. #17
    It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,544

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Heels are allowed to lose an awful lot. They're heels. They don't have to constantly win to maintain their heat.

    I wish Chris Jericho was here to explain this better than I can.
    How about win a little bit?

    Cena has now pinned Dolph at least 4 times during this feud, all after 1 AA.

    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

  18. #18
    Baseball is Life. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,410

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    I bet Jack Swagger wishes he could say that. NOBODY took that title reign seriously because he was absolutely nothing beforehand. The jury is still out on Ziggler. People don't have high hopes because he hasn't been booked strongly for his entire career.
    There's a difference here. Swagger fucking sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  19. #19
    Olé Olé Olé Olé! The Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17,938

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    Jericho most definitely does have a losing stigma Champ, what are you trying to say? Everyone knows that he's going to lose now because of his part time schedule.
    Not true. Most people thought he would win the Rumble, he lost. Then most people thought he would win the Chamber, he lost. And then some people even thought he would win at Mania, and he lost.

    And after he continued to lose nearly every big match in his 2012 run, was he ever considered a midcarder? No, he wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer of Punk View Post
    How about win a little bit?

    Cena has now pinned Dolph at least 4 times during this feud, all after 1 AA.
    I don't even remember the first two times.

    I honestly think the only people who do are the people who fixate on it.

    Bender

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    I just got home from work and turned this on. Fuck Monday Night Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice on Daniel Bryan
    I don't want to see his face anymore. It makes me want to die.
    This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

  20. #20
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,869

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Not true. Most people thought he would win the Rumble, he lost. Then most people thought he would win the Chamber, he lost. And then some people even thought he would win at Mania, and he lost.

    And after he continued to lose nearly every big match in his 2012 run, was he ever considered a midcarder? No, he wasn't.
    Well if people were saying they thought he'd beat Punk at Mania then they were delusional. That was never going to happen.

    And while I agree that no one's considering him a midcarder, there's a difference between him returning as a legend to put people over, compared to Dolph who's yet to make it to the top. In my opinion it doesn't matter if Dolph beats Cena now.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Jack Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,087

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    Jericho most definitely does have a losing stigma Champ, what are you trying to say? Everyone knows that he's going to lose now because of his part time schedule.
    Only people who read spoilers or post on wrestling forums know this.

    Banner Credit: Spike

  22. #22
    It's Clobberin' Time Summer of Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,544

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I don't even remember the first two times.

    I honestly think the only people who do are the people who fixate on it.
    You don't remember Cena beating him 2 weeks in a row in a singles match then a tag match before TLC? That's when everyone was saying it was fine because Dolph would get the win at TLC.

    Credit to Fresh Prince for the sig.

  23. #23
    Baseball is Life. Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The City.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,410

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by hr View Post
    Well if people were saying they thought he'd beat Punk at Mania then they were delusional. That was never going to happen.

    And while I agree that no one's considering him a midcarder, there's a difference between him returning as a legend to put people over, compared to Dolph who's yet to make it to the top. In my opinion it doesn't matter if Dolph beats Cena now.
    Dolph loses over and over. He still claims to be the better man when he's clearly not. Heat.

    Dolph finally gets that win over Cena, but he cheated, and still claims to be the better man. Heat.

    Dolph cashes in MITB against a face. Heat.

    All these things accomplish the purpose of being a heel.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

  24. #24
    King of Font Style Krimzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,516

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    He was in the midcard beforehand and his reign was booked like shit. Ziggler is not in the midcard right now and I have every confidence that they will book his reign to be much better.
    Just like they did with his first World Title reign...


  25. #25
    Moderator HR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    24
    Posts
    12,869

    Default Re: Wins & Losses On Raw In ’12, More On Tyson Kidd’s Injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    Dolph loses over and over. He still claims to be the better man when he's clearly not. Heat.

    Dolph finally gets that win over Cena, but he cheated, and still claims to be the better man. Heat.

    Dolph cashes in MITB against a face. Heat.

    All these things accomplish the purpose of being a heel.
    I'm pretty sure no one is booing him because he says he is the better man when he keeps losing to Cena. And half the people are cheering him anyway so it's obviously not as effective as you are suggesting.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •