Thread: The road to the Royal Rumble

Default The road to the Royal Rumble

While watching raw the last couple weeks, I noticed there has been a serious lack of hype for the Royal Rumble match from the wrestlers. The commentators talk about the RR match during Cena's camera time, but that's about it. The way I've always remembered the weeks before the Rumble in past years is more and more wrestlers picking up a mic to say they are going to win the Rumble, which is one of the big reasons why predicting the winner has always been so difficult, and that's why the RR has always been my favorite PPV. But take for instance this past weeks episode of Raw (1/14/12), not a single wrestler said anything about the RR match. There sure was plenty of talk about the Punk/Rock match, which I understand is a money match for WWE, but the RR match has many times been a springboard to take a wrestler to the next level and make them a top guy for at least a year.

Some have said the lack of wrestler's mentioning the RR match makes it look far to obvious that Cena is going to win. I'm not sure I totally agree, but as of now Cena and Ziggler are the only guys that have gotten anything more than a 5 second blurb about their involvement in the Rumble. Anyway, what do you guys think?
    Wildfire Tommy Rich for WWE HOF 2014

Default Re: The road to the Royal Rumble

The focus is more on the two World Championships and that's not a bad thing. Some of the best Royal Rumbles have flown under the radar as the championship matches received much of the hype.

I miss when everyone would keep saying in promos how they were going to win the Royal Rumble, even ones who had no chance. The shows would typically end with everyone brawling in the ring as the cameras went off the air which was pretty cool.

-Fresh Prince-
    Chief Ass Whooper of Sorry Sons of Bitches! - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Fuck the SF Giants! :) SM(Stardust)'s Avatar

Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Orton, and 3MB have all talked about the Royal Rumble the past few weeks.

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Orton, and 3MB have all talked about the Royal Rumble the past few weeks.
    Besides, that gets really repetitive. I would prefer something like that in the go-home week rather than from the December on. It gets tiring. I would much rather focus on the WWE Championship than the rumble. After all the rumble is all about the titles anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also, I want to make it known that I am a proud Icecube.
    Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'm an Ice Cube.

Thread Information